Author Topic: You [#2738]  (Read 1156 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
You [#2738]
« on: April 20, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
Hello. I have seen your thoughts.

A question for you.

I know you did not have a father.

But if you did, and your father said "no," would that mean he wasn't real?

You cannot bully or push God around. And you are not going to change His mind. But you can ask Him your questions. And believe that He will answer you.

Love,
[name removed]

Ps- Yeshua/Jesus is the one name in Heaven and on Earth by which we must be saved.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note™, an AT&T LTE smartphone
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: You [#2738]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »
BM
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 02:27:21 PM »

Really? Are they in color? If so, how many? Did it look like it was all stirred up or did it appear like a 3D display of fractals?

I haven't seen my own thoughts, so I'm not sure what they look like. I've never seen my own anus, either, but my gastroenterologist told me that I have some external hemorrhoids, and I'm sure they are colorful on occasion.

A question for you.

I don't think that's a question. Usually when a question occurs there is this funny little symbol at the end that looks like this:

?

Well, anyways, I did have a father. It's impossible to not have a father, and I have 23 reasons to know that I had a father.

Oh, look! Now there's a question mark. ^  Maybe you were so engrossed in viewing my thoughts that you got your own out of order.

My father said "no" on many different occasions, but sometimes he said "yes". He also said other things. He often strung multiple syllables together to form sentences. It was fascinating.

Did your father do the same?

You cannot bully or push God around. And you are not going to change His mind. But you can ask Him your questions. And believe that He will answer you.

God? What god? Where does he live? I haven't met him. You know, I have shouted out his name on more than a few occasions and he has never shown up. I don't understand why.

Love,
[name removed]

Thanks for being so polite and kind, even though you seem a little odd. I love you too.

Ps- Yeshua/Jesus is the one name in Heaven and on Earth by which we must be saved.

Jesus? Is something wrong with Jesus? He did some work in my back yard a few years ago, and I hope he is okay. Was he hurt?

That's a big phone. Why do you need such a large phone?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:52:26 PM by Chronos »
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +586/-20
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 02:33:09 PM »
Maybe he should try bottling whatever it is that he used to 'see' our thoughts.  Maybe he could make some real money with it.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 02:52:28 PM »

You're a Betazoid?

A question for you.

I do have a father.  Your line of questioning fails.

"No" to what?  Without context, your question makes no sense.

You cannot bully or push God around.

Because god is imaginary.

And you are not going to change His mind.

Because god is imaginary.

But you can ask Him your questions. And believe that He will answer you.

Been there, done that.  Nothing came of it.  Why?  Because god is imaginary.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:02:45 PM »
Hello You.  What's up?

Must be cool seeing thoughts.  Yes, I do have a father and he is fine...thou he can be hard to get along with from time to time.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 05:30:58 PM »
You know whats awesome? Well I'll tell you anyways...

I love my dad, he was awesome when I was growing up (even though we didnt always agree and sometimes got into it) and he's awesome still!

But growing up, he and I butted heads a few times as I got older, as two males are likely to do; and though he was way stronger than me he never physically assaulted me, even when we stood nose to nose mad as hell, and I cursed him. Not a punch, a grab, a head lock, nothing. He would always explain his view reasonably when the time was right for him.

We had a basement, we had gasoline, we had matches and lighters... But he NEVER threatened to lock me in the basement and burn me forever. I guess, it is different, because its not like I didnt believe he existed. I knew/know he existed because he was always there whether I was right or wrong, made sure I never needed for anything... the way a father should, especially when he's capable. There was no way for me to think that he didnt exist.

See, there's a difference between my dad and yahweh. My dad was there, and he never sent a representative of his to tell me that he was going to torture me forever. May dad is so much better than yahweh that I may call him and apologize to him when I'm done here, for even comparing him to that absentee, deadbeat skydaddy of yours.

Real dads are awesome buddy. Imaginary ones.... well, theyre not.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +545/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:34:45 PM »

Now that's true. It is true in the same way you can't push unicorns, pixies and Harry Potter about. We all agree that it is impossible to push things around that don't exist.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +270/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 07:44:19 PM »
Quote from: pathological and possibly insane liar of religious persuasion

Prove it.  I have just thought of, and written down, a multi-digit number.  Kindly post that number here in the Mailbox thread forthwith.

Either your knowledge is flawed, and/or you are a liar, and/or you require emergent psychiatric assistance.  In any case, I do not envy you and do not aspire to descend to your level of intellectual malaise.

404:  Yeshua/Jesus not found.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

Are you a psychic?

A question for you.

Everyone has a father; whether they're in their child's life is another story.

Make sense much?

True. But because it doesn't exist.

And you are not going to change His mind. But you can ask Him your questions. And believe that He will answer you.

Would contradict my response above if I did something like that.

How can something and someone not proven to exist (or long dead for that matter) save anyone?

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Schizoid

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:44 PM »
Prove it. 

Awww, now you've used my most favorite response to the religious:  "prove it".  Prove it with the most basic verifiable proof that you would demand of any scientific claim.  It never happens.

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 12:03:39 AM »
Very impressive, Kreskin. Next I suppose you'll tell me you have smelled my colors.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +97/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 06:44:33 AM »

Are you saying I'm Jesus?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »
Quote from: CHristian2738

Am I the only person here to read this as the writer suggesting that we are "the b word"?  Sounds a bit like it rhymes with "fast card", that I can't type at work?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Online Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »

A question for you.

One: That isn't a question
Two: That is physically impossible.
Three: I saw my father, when he punished me, it was so I could learn I did wrong; he didn't leave garbled instructions through a baby sitter that said things I couldn't believe in, then set me on fire for not following them.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 05:06:36 PM »
>>You cannot bully or push God around. <<

Absolutely right. I can only push my own imaginary friends around. God is not one.

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
Very impressive, Kreskin. Next I suppose you'll tell me you have smelled my colors.

Your post made me wonder if the letter writer experiences synesthesia. That would explain seeing thoughts.

So, what do your colors smell like?

Since you have postulated that he said "no" rather than not showing up and not responding, then that father would be real. Now if he was never around and when I tried to communicate in the approved manner but never received a response then I'd begin to think he was dead or a douche. (Since fathers are required to produce another human. But gods are not.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:13:51 PM by Samothec »
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 01:46:18 AM »

Your post made me wonder if the letter writer experiences synesthesia. That would explain seeing thoughts.

So, what do your colors smell like?

The reds, blues, and greens aren't bad, but I would strongly advise you to steer clear of the browns.  :P
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »

*Dies laughing* Oh, you're some mind reader now?

A question for you.

Wrong!! I do have a father, he's still alive.

What are you talking about?

Mmm, bully and push god around. Oh Yahweh, forgive me for asking you to prove you exist, I didn't know that is the same as bullying you.

Me: Show yourself to me Yahweh!
God: *Bawls* Stop bullying me! I want my followers to tell you to leave me alone! Waaaa!

Love,
[name removed]

*Yawns* That's it? That's all they got? Bored now.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.