Author Topic: A new me  (Read 612 times)

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
A new me
« on: April 20, 2013, 10:21:35 AM »
Since I recently was offered a job (Shift Manager at Arby's, I know, isn't it glorious?) that requires me to not have long hair, I got my hair chopped off today. I got two pony tails of considerable length out of it, which I will donate to Wigs for Kids. Nearly 8 years of hair is gone!

Here's the before:

And here is the after:

Someone very deserving will get some gorgeous golden locks.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: A new me
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 10:39:14 AM »
Wow, that's quite a change! It brings your chin whiskers into focus more too. I think you look good, and congrats on the job!

How many of your friends are going to have to look at you twice (or more!) before they recognize you? 8 years is a lot of hair.
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 10:44:27 AM »
Sadly the whiskers have to go too :( I'm going to look like I'm 12. Thanks for the compliment though, I'm sure there will be at least a few double takes!
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +266/-34
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »
Shave. You'll look much more attractive, IMO. Although that may just be my "thing" for blondes with blue eyes talking.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 10:56:36 AM »
Aww, that's too bad  :(

My hair is really long too, and through the winter, I generally leave it down. I had a co-worker who started to introduce herself to me the first time she saw me with it all pulled back and up, then recognized me just an instant too late to cover it. It was pretty funny.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 11:01:48 AM »
You look great, and good on ya for donating your gorgeous hair!  :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 12:34:23 PM »
I think it looks good with the beard, but I know the pain of chopping hair off. :( Before I went for my current job I had long hair as well and it was glorius, after a festival and apathy it got really matted (my hair is a pain to maintain, tangles really easily), so when it came to the job I was unable to save it and make myself look tidy. However, my boss is a metalhead and the big boss is a metalhead, which means it's easier to get away with growing my hair again - the fact I've not shaved for 4 months doesn't bother them either...sadly for me, '4 months' is probably about 2 weeks for normal people. Shame, because I would love a beard I could platt.

It was also painful when I had to chop off my dreads, I thought it would increase my chances of finding a job whilst I was at uni, but it didn't. ;)

Ah well, I am sure it's for the best and good luck with your new job. Also, love the taste in t-shirts, \m/ Emperor. ;)
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:40:24 PM »
I'm doing the opposite. Growing a complete beard and letting the hair go.  Back to the 70's.
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 01:19:14 PM »
Another brick in the wall...corporate hack now. lol

Bet you feel light on top.

Congrats on the job.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
When I saw your beautiful locks in the first photo, I braced myself as I scrolled down.  I love long hair.  Especially on men. 

But I've got to say, you look great with the short cut!  Some child undergoing chemo will look so beautiful in your beautiful hair. 

May I ask a question?  The "no long hair rule" associated with the Arby's position.  Does it apply to both men and women?  Or is it a double standard? 

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
Shave. You'll look much more attractive, IMO. Although that may just be my "thing" for blondes with blue eyes talking.
I will have to shave it off as well. I just couldn't bring myself to do it yet, I've had enough trauma for the day. I'll probably post a beardless pic tomorrow, and you can let me know!

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »
You look great, and good on ya for donating your gorgeous hair!  :)
Thank you! I just couldn't see it go to waste.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
<snip>
Ah well, I am sure it's for the best and good luck with your new job. Also, love the taste in t-shirts, \m/ Emperor. ;)
Thanks! Hell yeah, I had to go with my Anthems shirt today. Just found a whole bunch of my shirts that were in storage. It was like Christmas.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 03:05:25 PM »
I don't understand that rule.  In pics God (both of them) have long hair.  Oh well, I guess having a long blond hair in my French Dip might be kind of gross.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
When I saw your beautiful locks in the first photo, I braced myself as I scrolled down.  I love long hair.  Especially on men. 
I love having long hair myself. I will definitely miss it.

But I've got to say, you look great with the short cut!  Some child undergoing chemo will look so beautiful in your beautiful hair. 
Thank you! I sure hope so. It will be good to know that I have put a smile on someone's face.

May I ask a question?   
I think you just did  :P
The "no long hair rule" associated with the Arby's position.  Does it apply to both men and women?  Or is it a double standard?
Nope, only to men. Blatant, criminal, despicable discrimination if you ask me. Makes me wish I was a lawyer. But sadly I had little choice but to sacrifice my standards and awesomeness in order to make a little more money.

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +174/-6
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »
Lots of people give up more, for less  ;D ! I'm betting your awesome-ness level hasn't really depleted enough to notice.

Very curious to see the "real you" with no hair at all to hide behind tomorrow!

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »
Verily, the Metal Gods weep for your loss.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 08:05:52 AM »
You're lucky, man. You'll still look like a proper man even without the metal hair on both your head and your chin.

Some of us were not blessed with the ability to grow such majestic facial hair. I, myself, am firmly in the slightly effeminate category. I even have an hourglass waist WITH a slender neck. Consider yourself lucky. 
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 11:47:33 AM »
I've been growing my hair out since chemo, and love it. BUT, you look so awesome with your haircut, that I'm considering cutting mine short again. Before cancer, I'd grow it out, cut it and donate it, and then grow it out again. Now that I've lived through cancer, I thought, "damn it, I deserve to keep it!!!"  But I think I'm over that now. The thing about long hair, for me, is that the hair itself looks awesome. But sometimes a shorter cut is more flattering.

On the other hand, I would have thought the company could have been happy with your hair in a ponytail.

On the other, other hand, I do think you're more attractive with short hair, and will be even more so with a clean shaven face.

Just one woman's opinion ...  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +83/-2
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 01:41:20 AM »
I sacrificed my own mane for ... and now I'm going to acquire a reputation ... my wife.
I know, right?[1]
The headbanging was still there, but gone were the flowing locks.
Still, my number one Metal hero[2] only seems to have gotten stonger since losing his own crest.
So, kaziglu bey, I'll mourn your shock of hair, applaud your attainment of that job and wish you many hours of happy, if hairless, headbanging. \m/
 1.  ;)
 2. Bruce "Conan the Librarian" Dickinson
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »
So how did the decision come up? Were you just going through a normal interview and then you screamed at the HR guy "I OFFER MY HAIR AS TRIBUTE TO THE METAL GODS!" and then he bowed down & gave you the job?
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"