Author Topic: Judge rulle JW must have blood transfusion  (Read 307 times)

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
Judge rulle JW must have blood transfusion
« on: April 18, 2013, 12:53:57 AM »
http://www.smh.com.au/national/teen-witness-must-have-a-transfusion-rules-judge-20130417-2i0lc.html

A 17-year-old Jehovah's Witness suffering from a lethal form of blood cancer and refusing treatment threatened to rip the IV needle out of his arm if doctors attempted a blood transfusion. But the NSW Supreme Court has overruled the wishes of the patient, known only as ''X'', and his parents, ordering him to undergo the potentially lifesaving procedure.

Actually, I'm thinking here that at 17, this boy is old enough to make his own (stupid) decisions regarding his health. If it were a 5-year-old it would be a different matter, but at 17, I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. I say let him refuse the blood transfusion, let his family pray, and let him inevitably die.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Judge rulle JW must have blood transfusion
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:00:17 AM »
Pretty sad but I agree.  At 17 he is old enough to be stupid.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-2
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Judge rulle JW must have blood transfusion
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »
Nah give him a chance.

He's got 10 months to either get better or get smart.