Author Topic: Videos [#2735]  (Read 515 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
Videos [#2735]
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:26 AM »
Dear WWGHA

I just watched your videos. You have made some simple and compelling arguments against belief in general, but your treatment of the text is woefully naive, which makes me reluctant to recommend your site wholesale. Any Christian worth their salt who reads "Nobody can get into heaven" will just laugh. Best disposed of.

regs.

[Initial removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Online Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: Videos [#2735]
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57:44 AM »
Hi, and thanks for stopping by.

Can you clarify how you think the treatment of the text is woefully naive? And do you consider yourself to be a christian worth his salt? If so, please come tell s what you find laughable - it's unlikely that the videos will be disposed of on the basis of your "rather light on the details" email. Care to join us and elaborate a bit?

Hope to see you here!
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »
There are some christians that think everybody gets into heaven.  Are they worth their salt and do they make you laugh?
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »
The text is so self contradictory that you can take any one chapter and form a new cult around it.

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +541/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:51:08 PM »
[...] your treatment of the text is woefully naive, which makes me reluctant to recommend your site wholesale.

We only sell retail. If someone is offering you WWGHA wholesale, it is not genuine.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:37 AM »
Was Lot's wife 'worth her salt' ?

Quips aside, you are welcome you to join the forums and participate. Give more details about which video you think needs dismissing and why.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 03:07:11 PM »
Niave, you mean like the concept that bonze age Goat herders that believed in magic had a better idea of how reality works than modern science?
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:31:14 PM »
And why, and at what, would devout Christians laugh?
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 04:18:04 AM »
Dear WWGHA

I just watched your videos. You have made some simple and compelling arguments against belief in general, but your treatment of the text is woefully naive, which makes me reluctant to recommend your site wholesale. Any Christian worth their salt who reads "Nobody can get into heaven" will just laugh. Best disposed of.

regs.

[Initial removed]

Hahaha!  I love this drive by postings that just give a cursory negative review without any explanations. Obviously, he/she has no particular thoughts, just random crap.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.