Author Topic: {no subject} [#2734]  (Read 1545 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
{no subject} [#2734]
« on: April 10, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »
I think what you wrote and your website is are just stupid in all sense ... like who you think you are??? GOD !!!???

You think that some words that you say are going to change the word?

prove that Jesus and God aren't real first... oh wait you cant !!!

but remember God is the one that gives everything.. and the devil is using you a lot.. so man when you are in hell... remember every letter you wrote against God ... or when you get sick ... or get cancer... and where the only option you get is to believe ...

Remeber wherever tomorrow brings is in Gods hand..

and is not to late .. to Believe!

and  I feel sorry for you ...
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
Re: {no subject} [#2734]
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 04:20:34 PM »
Well, I'm convinced; where do I sign?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
I remember when I was twelve. At least I hope a twelve year old wrote that drivel. Either way remember to clean the drool off your keyboard when you're finished using it.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 04:38:29 PM »
What an interesting letter.  Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

May I be so bold as to ask you a question?  Can you prove that Jesus and God are real?  If so, please join the forum and share your evidence.  It might be enlightening for all of us. 

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
I think what you wrote and your website is are just stupid in all sense ... like who you think you are??? GOD !!!???

If the website's idea is that there are no gods... why would the author go around and proclaim himself god?

Change what "word"?  Oh, you meant "world".  Why not pray to god, and ask him to mind-probe the author?

Prove that Jesus and god are real.

but remember God is the one that gives everything.. and the devil is using you a lot..

Prove it.

so man when you are in hell... remember every letter you wrote against God ... or when you get sick ... or get cancer... and where the only option you get is to believe ...

Why do you need to resort to threat of vagueness?  Jesus said to wish your enemies well.  Why not pray for our well-beings?

You spelled "remember" correctly in the previous sentence, but not here?

The first time you used "to" here, it should've been "too".  Also, why is "believe" capitalized?

Even pushing that aside, I'll respond only with "been there, done that".

No you don't.  Quit lying.
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »
A child having a tantrum
All feelings, no rationality,

.......................perfect theist
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »
Neener, neener, neener!!! You can't prove that I don't have a 50' invisible dragon in my back yard. And she's getting mighty pissed that you deny her ... you just wait or she'll fry you to a crisp and you'll have no one to blame but yourself!!!  &)

Silly person.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
Home schooled.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Irish

• Fellow
  • Darwins +18/-0
  • Moraxella catarrhalis on BA
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
Sure, I'll bite.

You think that some words that you say are going to change the [world]?

(Alteration mine)

Humans transmit ideas via voice and print through the use of words and it is these ideas that change the world.  All great ideas regarding economics, politics, philosophy, science, mathematics, engineering, etc. were transmitted to other humans via words, either printed or voiced.  So yes, I think that words change the world. 

Prove that Jesus and God are real.  As a direct rebuttal to your demand I ask you this: Prove that I don't currently have a miniature purple dragon sitting on my shoulder.

but remember God is the one that gives everything

God doesn't exist.

and the devil is using you a lot

The devil doesn't exist.

so man when you are in hell

Threats of hell-fire, nor promises of paradise, no longer influence me.  Once you come to the knowledge that these places do not exist and are merely used as a means of control over man they are rendered utterly powerless to control your life.

... remember every letter you wrote against God ... or when you get sick ... or get cancer... and where the only option you get is to believe ...

I predict that on my deathbed I will still be an atheist[1] and will not attempt to use Pascal's Wager or a watered down variation, as you have here, as a means to cheat reality.

Why? I still have the normal human struggles, feelings, emotions, aspirations, etc. So far, from what I know of you and what you now know of me, the only difference we have is our disagreement over the existence of deities, well, deity. For all you know we may have a great many things in common.
 1. Assuming my mental faculties are not affected or eliminated by disease or medication
La scienze non ha nemici ma gli ignoranti.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »
This person might be right...God does know when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake.  He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake or you will be in hell.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
I was diagnosed with cancer last year.  Oddly enough, I never prayed nor started believing in a sky-daddy yet I am cured today. Yeah, science.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 09:53:44 PM »
but remember God is the one that gives everything.. and the devil is using you a lot.. so man when you are in hell... remember every letter you wrote against God ... or when you get sick ... or get cancer... and where the only option you get is to believe ...

The only option I get when I'm dying is to believe? I don't think so. I'll go with option #2. You know. The one where a guy dies and that's it. There will be no need for me to feed the theist trolls by converting at the last second.

God gives me everything? Let me see. How am I different from the christians I've known. There should be a difference. Gee, I think I'll make a list:

Christian #1: Left her abusive husband in the middle of the night with her three kids. Her 7 year old son died two years later of a bee sting, her oldest daughter died in a car wreck at the age of 20, her brother shot and killed their parents over girlfriend issues. A girlfriend she introduced to him.

Christian #2: Newly married, dead of testicular cancer at the age of 23.

Christian #3: Picked up two people in a rain storm. They killed him and stole his car.

Christian #4: Murdered along with her three month old baby and stuffed under a car that was set on fire.

Christian #5: Father of 2, dead of lung cancer at the age of 43. Oldest kid 11 at the time.

Christian #6: Skydiving, parachute didn't open all the way, hit the ground at 85 mph, crippled for life. Was 25 at the time.

Christian #7: 87 years old, has had Parkinsons disease for 25 years, is suffering tremendously.

Christian #8: Lived into her 90's, but dementia meant that she had to ask her son who he was every time he went to visit the last ten years of her life.

Christian #9: Worked her butt off to help her son (also a christian) get through college. He graduated with honors, got a great job as an engineer, and died in a car wreck three weeks later. She died two years after that of brain cancer.

Christian #10: Fell off a cliff while hiking. Died at the age of 24. His wife was 7 months pregnant.

Me, Atheist #1: Almost 62, non-believer for over 50 years. Still alive and healthy. The only time I ever went to the hospital was to get a minor hernia fixed (thank you very much, evolution!). Yesterday I ran across a parking lot in the rain, hoping to not get too wet. When I got to the store I was headed for a man about my age with a cane asked me how the f**k old I was. I told him and he asked how the hell I could run at all at my age, let alone do it and not be out of breathe.

I've never had problems with drugs, alcohol or the law. Women, yes, but that doesn't count. (thanks again though, evolution!) My two sons are still alive, my parents died old enough to not surprise me and I get along just fine with all of my family members. Nobody has ever threatened me with a weapon and I was always smart enough not to jump out of a plane.

How is my not believing in god bad for me again?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline magicmiles

• Fellow
  • Darwins +180/-73
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »
Damm, ParkingPlaces. As a Christian that knows you (in internet land at least), I feel compelled to increase my life insurance.
Go on up you baldhead.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »
^^^mm, you should also change your beneficiary. PM me for my address and stuff!  ;D
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 01:33:39 AM »
My guardian dragon Glori is 6' long, teal blue, and wears a Bogart-style fedora and trench coat... And shocking pink leg warmers on all 4 of his legs.

I feel sorry for the OP... All booga-booga threats of hellfire, and no dragons to talk to.  *snif*
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 02:25:58 AM »

Prove that Allah and Vishnu aren't real first.....oh wait, you can't.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 07:06:10 AM »
Oh, man, this is getting good. I think I'll plan a world-wide trip to visit everyone's dragons.  ;D
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »
Quote from: LW 2734
I think what you wrote and your website is are just stupid in all sense

At least it's grammatically correct, which is more than I can say for some people... *cough*

... like who you think you are??? GOD !!!???

That's a really weird thing to say.  Considering oneself to be a god is just about the last thing you would ever expect from an atheist.

(By which I assume you mean "change the world"):  Well, yes, at least potentially.  There have been many other occasions on which "some words that someone said" changed the world.  I'm assuming you're a Christian, and if so, you would seem to be obliged to agree with me regarding at least one set of words.  Can you guess which set?

Don't need to.  The burden of proof is on the one making a claim that extends ontology, which in this case is the theistic believer.  If the believer cannot make his claim, reason resides with the atheist.  Atheists bear no burden of proof because they are not making any claim to prove.

but remember God is the one that gives everything.. and the devil is using you a lot.. so man when you are in hell...

God does not exist.  The devil does not exist.  Hell does not exist.

remember every letter you wrote against God

An omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent being is going to set me on fire for all eternity for making an error in the honest use of my reason...?  What a piece of shit.

... or when you get sick ... or get cancer... and where the only option you get is to believe ...

Believing in a deity is the only option I have when I contract any kind of an illness?  Have you ever heard of this thing called "medicine"?

Citation needed.

I'm assuming, here that you are asking me to believe in "god".  Please specify which one or ones, out of this partial list of deities that the human race has worshipped in the past (and if the one you're talking about is missing from the list, please advise):

Agdistis
Ah Puch
Ahura Mazda
Alberich
Allah
Amaterasu
An
Anat
Andvari
Anshar
Anu
Aphrodite
Apollo
Apsu
Ares
Artemis
Asclepius
Athena
Athirat
Athtart
Atlas
Baal
Ba Xian
Bacchus
Balder
Bast
Bellona
Bergelmir
Bes
Bixia Yuanjin
Bragi
Brahma
Brigit
Camaxtli
Ceres
Ceridwen
Cernunnos
Chac
Chalchiuhtlicue
Charun
Cheng-huang
Cybele
Dagon
Damkina
Davlin
Dawn
Demeter
Diana
Di Cang
Dionysus
Ea
El
Enki
Enlil
Eop
Epona
Ereskigal
Farbauti
Fenrir
Forseti
Freya
Freyr
Frigg
Gaia
Ganesha
Ganga
Garuda
Gauri
Geb
Geong Si
Hades
Hanuman
Hathor
Hecate
Helios
Heng-o
Hephaestus
Hera
Hermes
Hestia
Hod
Hoderi
Hoori
Horus
Hotei
Huitzilopochtli
Hsi-Wang-Mu
Hygeia
Inanna
Inti
Ishtar
Isis
Ixtab
Izanaki
Izanami
Juno
Jupiter
Juturna
Kagutsuchi
Kartikeya
Khepri
Ki
Kingu
Kinich Ahau
Kishar
Krishna
Kukulcan
Lakshmi
Liza
Loki
Lugh
Luna
Magna Mater
Maia
Marduk
Mars
Medb
Mercury
Mimir
Minerva
Mithras
Morrigan
Mot
Mummu
Nammu
Nanna
Nanse
Neith
Nemesis
Nephthys
Neptune
Nergal
Ninazu
Ninhurzag
Nintu
Ninurta
Njord
Nut
Odin
Ohkuninushi
Ohyamatsumi
Orgelmir
Osiris
Ostara
Pan
Parvati
Phaethon
Phoebe
Phoebus Apollo
Pilumnus
Poseidon
Quetzalcoatl
Rama
Re
Rhea
Sabazius
Sarasvati
Selene
Shiva
Seshat
Set
Shamash
Shapsu
Shen Yi
Shiva
Shu
Si-Wang-Mu
Sin
Sol
Surya
Susanoh
Tawaret
Tefnut
Tezcatlipoca
Thanatos
Thor
Tiamat
Tlaloc
Tonatiuh
Toyo-Uke-Bime
Tyche
Tyr
Utu
Uzume
Venus
Vesta
Vishnu
Volturnus
Vulcan
Xipe
Xi Wang-mu
Xochipilli
Xochiquetzal
Yam
Yarikh
Yahweh   
Ymir
Yu-huang
Yum Kimil
Zeus

Thank you for your assistance.

Back at you.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline plethora

• Fellow
  • Darwins +60/-1
  • Metalhead, Family Man, IT Admin & Anti-Theist \m/
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 08:27:02 AM »

Nothing says succinct, compelling and rationally persuasive quite like using triple question marks, triple exclamation marks, bad grammar, CAPS and calling arguments 'stupid' without offering counter arguments.

* golf clap *

Your way with words certainly will not change anything. However, words that actually convey rational arguments supported by evidence will certainly persuade those who are inclined towards scepticism.

I don't have to prove anything. You claim god exists, therefore you need to prove it.

There is currently no scientific, empirical evidence for the existence of a god. Therefore, I reject your claim that he does exist.

but remember God is the one that gives everything.. and the devil is using you a lot.. so man when you are in hell... remember every letter you wrote against God ...

Ah, the threat of hell ... that old chestnut. The appeal to force popularly used by those who are too intellectually feeble to actually argue for their position.

Do you enjoy threatening people? Do you enjoy being an advocate for a god who threatens people with eternal torture?

What an exemplary display of the moral bankruptcy that entails believing in the christian doctrine.

No, you don't. So take your false pity elsewhere.
The truth doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 09:13:44 AM »
At least it had no Jesus and Joseph. I had doubts at 12, and soon put them in the myth department. Jesus went there too, when I was 16. God took a couple of years more.

I guess I was not quite smart enough. My kids both have IQs in the 130s.

But back to the letter. What do they teach in school these days?

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +894/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 03:21:13 PM »
I am a very happy atheist with a good job, nice home, loving family and two incredible wonder doggies.  :-*

I can't fathom the threats of what god will do to us for not believing.  I have had my share of bad times, but no god has never jumped into my face, wagged his holy finger and said, "Ha ha! See what you get for being a heathen?"

Considering what happened to Job, who was a faithful believer (not to mention all the Christians who ever come into contact with ParkingPlaces) I'll stick with unbelief, thanks. ;D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 09:28:39 AM »
Home schooled.

I'm not so sure about the second part.

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 02:56:19 PM »

You can either open your eyes, or keep paying that pastor to teach you fairy tales, the choice is yours.
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »
All you lowsy Athiests bragging about you're good luck are in for it!1!!.  God hates bragging.  Your so gonna get it.  WAIT AND SEE1!1

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +258/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

No, that would mean a god exists. None do. That's kind of the point. It is quite obvious and you missed it. I'm guessing it might be because you are stupid.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 04:22:06 AM »

I just LOVE the intelligence you offer to us! Thank you so much for clearing up all of what is wrong!
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 09:45:15 AM »

Yes, yes I am God. I am God, now bow before me.

What word?

Bird, bird, bird is the word, a bird, a bird, abird is the word!

Oh, and so you know, the "word" you're talking about is just modified by many religious folks like yourself.

But of course, if you were referring, changing the world, yes, the world has been changed a whole lot today, it was not the same as it was thousands of years ago from words itself.

Aaah, the typical "You can't prove that God doesn't exist!" talk. But the thing is, if you can't prove he exists, then what's the point? If you can't prove that there aren't thousands of other gods you so very much reject, does that make them real too?

Wow, so you believe that there's "satan" who is deceiving me. Can you prove that? You're so certain that I will go to hell. Can you prove that? And, if there's a God, then why doesn't he convince me that Satan was deceiving me?

Aah, you gotta love the doomsday sayers. "Judgement time is nigh!" So they all said for thousands of years. I, for one, feel sorry for you.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 10:00:59 AM by Timtheskeptic »
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +894/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
What's with all the threats and warnings? If we are too stubborn and hard-hearted for god or Jesus himself to reach us, what hope does some anonymous guy on the internet have?

And bringing in the devil to explain why we are atheists--soooo medieval. &)
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
I stopped reading at "...is are just stupid".

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.