Author Topic: Former Pastor Sentenced to 7 Years  (Read 299 times)

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Former Pastor Sentenced to 7 Years
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:15:15 AM »
My buddy told me this news earlier today, though the case is a year old...

This guy was one of my Pop Warner football coaches for a couple years in the early 90's; probably my favorite coach ever in all my years of playing football, baseball, and basketball. Damn shame...

http://obnoxioustv.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/former-cogic-pastor-milton-wells-sentenced-to-seven-years-in-prison-brother-of-general-board-member-bishop-wells-plead-guilty-to-raping-two-13-year-old-members-of-his-church/

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Former Pastor Sentenced to 7 Years
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 08:04:49 AM »
It is odd how "men of God" seem to have such failings.  My advice...stay away from all of them.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline pianodwarf

• Fellow
  • Darwins +204/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 08:16:46 AM »
The FFRF newspaper "Freethought Today" has a section called the "Black Collar Crime Blotter", a list of various news items from around the world (mostly the US, but other countries as well) detailing various clergypeople exhibiting their exceptionally high ethical standards.  *cough*  As you would probably imagine, most of the stories have to do with child molestation, but there's other fun stuff in there as well, such as embezzlement and assault.  Each BCCB section typically contains somewhere around 100 such stories.  (Freethought Today is published ten times a year.)  That column, plus their "Crank Mail" column, is worth the price of membership all by itself.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +35/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:39 AM »
Seven years seems way to short of a sentence for raping two teenage girls.  I'm assuming that he will have to register as a sex offender from now on but tacking on hard labor in Siberia to his sentence can't be a bad thing.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:20 AM »
I think its a 7 year minimum sentence...