Author Topic: A school fixes a problem...outrage follows  (Read 342 times)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +237/-6
A school fixes a problem...outrage follows
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/jesus-portrait-down_n_3006643.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl11%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D293133

The level of stupidity in the comments section makes my hair hurt. Comparing the student to complain to people who don't like an item on a menu insisting a restaurant take it off, Not understanding the concept of a school being a secular institution, Insisting historians show Jesus existed, stating people will now insist on churches being torn down.

AHHH!!! SO FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
Re: A school fixes a problem...outrage follows
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:14 AM »
Yet, if it was the figurehead for any other religion, those same people would have no problems with it being taken down.

*sign*  Double standards is a lovely thing...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +57/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »
The part of the article that stood out most to me was this:

The "Head of Christ," a popular depiction of Jesus, had been in an entranceway's "Hall of Honor" in a middle school building that was formerly the high school. It was near portraits of dozens of prominent alumni and people with local roots such as the late four-term Ohio Gov. James Rhodes. The portrait was moved recently by the club to the current high school building.

So apparently they've simply moved the portrait from the middle school to the high school.

Brilliant!

No chance of another lawsuit there, huh?
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »
Wonder how many spit wades they found on it when they took it down?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!