Author Topic: Happy Atheists Day  (Read 344 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Happy Atheists Day
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:38:14 AM »
Happy Atheists Day.  The day thoughtful Christians have given to us. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline thunderridge

• Graduate
  • Darwins +16/-0
Re: Happy Atheists Day
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 12:16:43 PM »
Tony Miano (Ray Comfort disciple) apologized yesterday for calling April 1 National Atheist Day in the past. It was not biblical.  Instead he will use the day to pray for the atheist and encourage other xians to do the same.  youtube the guy.  He loves to open air.

Offline sun_king

• Graduate
  • Darwins +25/-0
  • We see things not as they are, but as we are
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:29:30 PM »
Damn! Five years from now we will be celebrating our day on Easter????

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
April 1st is my wedding anniversary.  I'm usually too busy getting hit upside the head from my wife for forgetting about it, rather than care about someone wanting to make an atheist joke.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +124/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:38:34 PM »
April 1st is my wedding anniversary.  I'm usually too busy getting hit upside the head from my wife for forgetting about it, rather than care about someone wanting to make an atheist joke.

I hate to think what would have happened if you went 'April fools!' after making your vows. How did you fight the temptation...or didn't you? If you didn't, how did you survive?
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Online Aaron123

• Fellow
  • Darwins +77/-1
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:07:19 PM »
Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, ‘Raca,’ shall be in danger of the council; but whosoever shall say, ‘Thou fool,’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

Does this mean that every April 1st, there's a spike in the number of christains that are going to hell?  God must really hate that day...
Being a Christian, I've made my decision. That decision offers no compromise; therefore, I'm closed to anything else.

Online rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:05:44 PM »
I hate to think what would have happened if you went 'April fools!' after making your vows. How did you fight the temptation...or didn't you? If you didn't, how did you survive?
I did think about it.  My wife and I had talked about doing something like that after the vows.  Turning to everyone and saying "April fools.  We just wanted to get everyone together to have a party.  This is all for show.  Haha."  But we didn't and now I'm married for real and everyday that I get to spend with her is a blessing that will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, probably end.

But really I love my wife.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson