Author Topic: The best Easter story ever.  (Read 358 times)

Offline bgb

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +8/-0
  • That felt great.
    • BGBART SHIRTS AND GIFTS
The best Easter story ever.
« on: March 29, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »
OT --- Easter
A preacher was putting on some Sunday school............ Talking about Holidays.
The preacher asked "Little Johnny" why we had Easter.
Little Johnny replied, "We have Easter in order to celebrate the Easter Bunny, Easter Eggs and Easter candy".
The preacher said, "Well, that's not quite right Little Johnny, do you know what the Resurrection is"?
Little Johnny replied, "Not exactly, but I know that if you have one that lasts more than 4 hours, you have to call the Doctor immediately"............
The whole point of science is that most of it is uncertain. That's why science is exciting--because we don't know. Science is all about things we don't understand. The public, of course, imagines science is just a set of facts. But it's not.  Freeman Dyson

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
Re: The best Easter story ever.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »
It's what Jesus would do :D
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Re: The best Easter story ever.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:15:21 AM »
Many years ago I was in the Royal Air force and we were on a bus to somewhere on Easter Sunday. We passed a church that had a Jesus on a Crucifix. A wag shouted out as we passed "What a way to spend Easter." Because the sprinklers were going, anthony wag shouted out "Let us spray."
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University