Author Topic: Its True Now  (Read 576 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Its True Now
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
It's Easter time so time to bring back the Shroud of Turin controversy.  Saw today where they are claiming that new evidence is pointing to it being real.  They did not get around to telling what that evidence was but I suppose that is not important.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +76/-1
Re: Its True Now
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 02:36:28 PM »
It's Easter time so time to bring back the Shroud of Turin controversy.  Saw today where they are claiming that new evidence is pointing to it being real.  They did not get around to telling what that evidence was but I suppose that is not important.

Link?  Who are "they"?

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 04:06:35 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2013/03/shroud-of-turin-hits-airwaves-amid-new-claims-that-its-real/

Worth reading for the comment section below.

A favorite so far: Suppose they prove it’s a shroud from the first century. So what? That doesn’t prove it’s the shroud of Jesus Christ. Maybe it’s the shroud of Brian Cohen.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:09:58 PM by Jag »
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 04:21:49 PM »
Ooh, another gem!

“Religious Faith” a bridge from reason, logic, and critical thinking to one of an irrational, illogical, emotionally appeasing deluded mindset, enabling the infected with the capability to believe ANYTHING while rejecting facts of reality. What a sad state for a mind.

GetReal:1:1 Behold world, the ignorant, gullible person that believes without proof, without reason, without logic, shackled to their fears by an emotionally deluded blind religious faith in a nonexistent god. Forgive them for they know not how truly ignorant they are.

GetReal 1:2 I say unto you child, allow not your mind to become polluted by superstitious non-sense in order to fulfill an emotional weakness rooted in fear and gullibility.
Forsake the ignorance, stupidity, and emotional need in a deluded religious faith that thee might preserve the rational and logical mind. Seek wisdom in reality, in logic, and love all.

GetReal 1:3 Child, please open your mind to a bit of reason.
Of all the thousands of gods that have been worshiped over the centuries and still many till this very day, that men have shed blood for, died for, and been scarified too, by many different cultures across this planet, were their gods any LESS real to them? No child, for they also lived a willful delusion.
And let us not forget the all the different religions, and all the different beliefs amongst those religions.
So I say to you child, open your eyes for there can only be one truth, and that truth falls far from any god, for it is found in the realm of reality, of reason, logic and critical thinking.

GetReal 1:4 Be not afraid to break the shackles child, fear not the threat of an eternity in fire, for it is simply a tool to achieve submission, to scare you, to frighten you to accept the beliefs of your parents, of your culture, to imprison your mind to a supernatural belief, for fear is a powerful weapon, especially when used to corrupt the mind of a defenseless child, and how dare they inflict this upon you.

I'd like to find the person who posted that and send him or her to ATT to talk to baby zax, aka Maggie. That would be fun to watch.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 07:16:40 AM »
We should see if we can get the entire book of GetReal; seems like a good book  ;)

Offline wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +114/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 09:27:53 AM »
I wonder if anyone has examined the DNA in the shroud's blood to establish the race of the dead person. That could squash any claims easily unless it was Palestinian
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 11:22:06 AM »
Hey, with a good sample of the blood we might be able to clone our own God. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 01:55:12 PM »
Since jebus only has one parent, shouldnt the dna on the shroud be a single helix? We should agree that it is the shroud, then when they test the dna and find a double helix then we can claim jebus was a normal human with a human mum and pop... killing all this son of Gawd talk

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 03:23:53 PM »
  Jesus was raised in a 2 father household: Joseph & god.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips