Author Topic: Best (read worst) facebook response on god.  (Read 1062 times)

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
Best (read worst) facebook response on god.
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »
Unfriggin believable!!!

On a post regarding supporting same sex marriage. This person objects.

"i have one more complaint I want my rainbow to be left alone it was a sign to us who believe you can come up with your own sign i dont care just leave mine alone/ when i had to explain to my 97 year old grandmother what ppl were using it for to be there sysbloe she was quite upset and said but thats my sign no more floods thats what god gave us. See you step on what there beliefs are Im not saying you cant have a sysbol just dont use this one."

WTF BATMAN.

Do we need to refresh them on the countless numbers of people dying each year to floods?

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
Re: Best (read worst) facebook response on god.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
These gay folks need to pick a new sysbloe!!

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 05:21:02 AM »
Must have been home schooled.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:34 PM »

Or possibly hmoe schlooed.

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 12:08:58 AM »
Unfriggin believable!!!

On a post regarding supporting same sex marriage. This person objects.

"i have one more complaint I want my rainbow to be left alone it was a sign to us who believe you can come up with your own sign i dont care just leave mine alone/ when i had to explain to my 97 year old grandmother what ppl were using it for to be there sysbloe she was quite upset and said but thats my sign no more floods thats what god gave us. See you step on what there beliefs are Im not saying you cant have a sysbol just dont use this one."

WTF BATMAN.

Do we need to refresh them on the countless numbers of people dying each year to floods?

I nearly broke my nose facepalming. I really, really want to believe people like this are a minority, only made visible by the new social media.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 01:03:47 AM »
So now Christianity owns the patent and trademark on rainbows?  What about the ones that come out of prisms?  The Bible doesn't mention prisms, so do they count?  Also, what about Skittles?  BTW, I'm Irish.  The rainbow's mine.  It's a sign to my people of where leprechauns put their pots of gold.  Gays are welcome to use it though.  Their flags are far nicer than the "Christian flag" (utterly lousy, boring design).  Sorry Christians, you've got to stick with your torture device.  Besides, if you really think your god needs rainbows as a post-it note to remind himself not to flood the world every time it rains, maybe you should be happy he's getting more reminders.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 06:21:04 PM »
That explains Hurricane Katrina-- not enough gays in New Orleans, and therefore not enough rainbow flags. Isn't that what that nutjob tv preacher said?  :?
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Aspie

• Graduate
  • Darwins +34/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 06:56:12 PM »
That's some bit of mental gymnastics I'll never understand - God doesn't send floods anymore so apparently now they just pop in out of thin air instead. To many theists the idea of something coming from nothing is worthy of derision except in this particular case where God cannot be held responsible for natural disasters because they somehow operate outside the scope of his plan. Poor God can only watch on in sheer helplessness as random chaotic events in his perfectly ordered universe ravage entire civilizations of his children.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 06:58:16 PM by Aspie »

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
These days it seems weird that no theists are here telling us why they "DO IN FACT" belong to god and his promise.
I double dog dare you!!!

8)

Offline Samothec

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +49/-2
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »
Or possibly hmoe schlooed.

I don't think that's quite correct. They took "symbol" and got "sysbloe" so "m" is replaced by "s", the last two letters are transposed then an "e" is added at the end. So, it should be "hose schooldee" treating the pair as a single unit. Wait, maybe they were grouping the consonants then adding an "e" at the end. So, it should be "hsoee schldooee".  :o  Crud, I'm not sure. Can we get a ruling on that person's brain damage?    :angel:

That's some bit of mental gymnastics I'll never understand - God doesn't send floods anymore so apparently now they just pop in out of thin air instead.

Maybe the double rainbow is god's version of crossing your fingers behind your back when making a promise?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:56:53 AM by Samothec »
Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding. - Martin Luther

Offline Willie

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-1
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
I don't think that's quite correct. They took "symbol" and got "sysbloe" so "m" is replaced by "s", the last two letters are transposed then an "e" is added at the end. So, it should be "hose schooldee" treating the pair as a single unit. Wait, maybe they were grouping the consonants then adding an "e" at the end. So, it should be "hsoee schldooee".  :o  Crud, I'm not sure. Can we get a ruling on that person's brain damage?    :angel:

"Hose schooldee" works for me. It's certainly hosed, in any case.