Author Topic: Your Premise? [#2730]  (Read 3193 times)

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Re: Your Premise? [#2730]
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
There's a pretty good chance this is just troll mail.

Forums are always frequent targets for trolls. Christian trolls, in particular, are like moths to the atheist flame.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +293/-32
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 06:00:01 AM »
I have not encountered any mechanical malfunctioning in my spirit.  It works every single time I need it to.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +196/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 12:04:11 PM »
As a communications student, I strongly suggest that you find a better way to start an email than this - Hello Inquirer of Weird Logic:

Although it's possible to infer your meaning with a bit of imagination, frankyl it makes no sense as stated.

Do you remember when you were in school (assuming that you attended and were not homeschooled) when the teacher taught you the basics of a "Good Introductions" - you should review that information, because your beginning was so awful, I didn't bother to read the rest.

I'd give it a D-. I'm jus' sayin'...
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Betelnut

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +13/-3
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
One of the more entertaining threads here.  Very funny!

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
Hello Inquirer of Weird Logic:

Your premise is "why doesn't God heal amputees" as an inquiry, to base your entire cult on? Why are you leading a cult of skeptics, based on the foundation of "healing" and "lack of healing" for your very strange teaching?

I think you missed the point.

I just wish you'd sit on the OUTSIDE of the Kingdom and watch as people are given their limbs back,

Been dead then? Have you seen that?

[wall of text deleted]

So, let me ask you, "Why Won't God Heal Amputees?"
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2013, 09:38:04 PM »
Atheism is a cult? Was there a memo? I didn't get one. I seem to never do. :(

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »
Your premise is "why doesn't God heal amputees" as an inquiry, to base your entire cult on?

Cult?  All that text was preceded by this flawed characterization.  Everything you have to say... all your drivel and dribble is therefore invalid, and superfluous as well.

See?  THAT's how you respond to something on the internet that bothers you, nimrod.

Online Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »
You must have had a bad father, or were left orphaned.

Awesome. Our holy and great creator of this so called cult is the Batman. Not many cults can say their leader is the Batman, I am glad I picked the right one.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:44 AM »
Dear accuser:

Where is the logic in your letter? It seems you like to see your words posted. But all you were going to say was in the first three paragraphs, mostly in two sentences.

We also know how to use pathetic but it is an empty word. But yes, belief in god us pathetic.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +336/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 08:12:42 PM »
Hello Inquirer of Weird Logic:

I want to respond to this in whole and not just cherry-pick like I did.

Your premise is "why doesn't God heal amputees" as an inquiry, to base your entire cult on?

you start off, in essence, with an insult and you really believe we'll be persuaded by anything else you say.

Please explain to me: How is atheism a cult?

Why are you leading a cult of skeptics, based on the foundation of "healing" and "lack of healing" for your very strange teaching?

Brain, who I am sure you're speaking to, isn't here. Hasn't been for a long time. You're speaking to members of a website and you're starting off extremely poorly.

Ever heard of "figurative speech"?

Also, you realize that in the purest logical argument, you've provided to all the people who are foolish enough to even entertain your sad, pathetic teachings -- that you've invented some form of misleading never seen before (yes, it's original, to the point of completely ridiculous, not innovative in thought, and especially where LOGIC is concerned).

What does this even mean? You're speaking of logic yet not applying it to your own thoughts.

I find it extremely ironic that your false dichotomy is blasted over and over again, with your crowd of foolish listeners actually paying attention.

Evidence that it's false?

The logic is so flawed, and the irony is that you try to use logic to prove your argument. Instead, you end up arguing in circles[1] over and over again, and you never answer any questions. You pose questions, and you answer them yourself. You ask foolish questions and then provide irrational stories to support your OWN THOUGHT and subjective opinions on the matter.
 1. corrected your spelling

Everyone has a right to their opinion based on the totality of evidence provided; and people have a right to disagree with it.

Who told you that God is out healing everyone left and right?

"If you ask, you shall receive." -- however, that whole "figurative" inclination comes back into play. Do you take everything in the Bible as being literal? Is the line I quote supposed to be taken literal or figurative?

Understand?

Did you go to some revival[2] tent meeting and feel bad because it was like being shown a magic trick at a circus, then you find out it's a trick later? So you make a whole website or blog devoted to your hatred for magicians and people who perform magic tricks on stage, and your hatred for circuses ENTIRELY because of that one poorly done show that left you disappointed when you said, "You cut that woman in half with a saw, and put her back together. Why don't you heal me, I have no legs!!!" Oh Great and Powerful Oz!
 2. spelling correction

Nonsense ranting. Try again. However, I do wonder: do you go to Christian websites and say the same things to them when they say things you disagree with? I highly doubt it. No one forced you to come here.

You are pathetic. I hope you are an amputee, and I hope you can't wipe your own butt when Judgment comes to you. I will sit and judge you, and order that you have all your limbs removed, as a return with interest -- on your "ministry" in the earth. You sad, sad and foolish man.

"Love the sinner, not the sin." -- do you actually follow anything but the hatred spewed from your Bible. I'm thinking not. Doesn't say much about you, does it?

You must have had a bad father, or were left orphaned.

Resorting to insults of other people's family? So Christian of you. You do realize: you're not helping your religion by so many insults? Perhaps you don't? Which also says a lot about you.

That's even sadder. I also wish you didn't hate everyone in the world who wants to believe in God, simply because you want to believe in a Great and Powerful God who gets involved in everyone's life, healing limbs like lizards whose tails fall off, and grow back. If God made humans to regenerate, we should just be immortal as well based on your false logic. Why does God let everyone DIE? Hmm, because based on your logic, there is no God -- because people DIE. Right! Your logic is undeniable. There is darkness and pain, therefore God doesn't exist?

You really do have a warped sense on what you perceive of what we perceive as reality.

You are so foolish it hurts to even address you in this email. It's painful to just ask you WHY you waste so much time with your false reasoning, your irrational arguments, and your persistent waste of space! Go away, and abandon your folly -- it's really getting on people's nerves, especially the amputees who HATE you, and believe in God still.

You sure do speak for a lot of people. First, we hate. Then, others hate yet the only person at this moment I see hating anyone, is you.

Good work on making an entire group of veterans and those who lost limbs, feel like shooting you in the arms and legs, and letting you experience the LOSS of your limbs; unless you already lost them. Good, it serves you right if you're without limbs. You really don't deserve to have arms and legs, if that's your entire audience -- and your target audience, and people who truly despise you (veterans especially, all of them I know, think your website is a joke at first, and then upon seeing how dead serious you are about robbing them of the only hope they have in this life -- that one day they will be restored and see justice -- you come along and try to STEAL that hope from everyone I know). You sick bastard. Grow up, and get over your daddy issues, or your pathetic hatred of revival[3]tents. Everyone knows wrestling is fake as well -- it's a show -- it's show-business! Get OVER it!
 3. fixed spelling

Hope is a facade where evidence doesn't exist at all. What they have is 'false hope', and how is anyone taking anything away from anyone? Atheists in the US (and most places around the world) do not create laws for their benefit. That's what Christians do.

No one at any time, EVER, indicated to the people who know their God (not the people who know the Bible, the people who KNOW their Maker) -- such as Native Americans who never HEARD of "the Bible" for example -- still had faith greater than the smallest amount of confidence you ever could conceive of in your short, pathetic, mortal life. It's people like you who make me wish I was never born to begin with;

Speaking for others again? Also, the last bit: that's not our fault, that's your own; for taking things like this way too seriously.

Veterans fought for the Freedoms of this country which includes Freedom of Speech. We don't want to take away your freedoms yet you think we're undeserving of ours, no? You do realize atheists are veterans, too? That there are atheists in the Military today? Are your feelings for them the same for us? Or is this all just toward Brain?

I wish I never came into this world to meet the likes of you. I care about the amputees and my friends who have been injured and return from a terrible war, WHICH APPARENTLY -- God lets happen in this world..

And "we" don't. I see. 

...look around, IT'S WAR you idiot! Wars are determined until the end, and so far, they're pretty messed up. But there's no war I've ever seen that compares to the one you're waging against people of faith. That, and your SICK and TWISTED premise makes me want to vomit. You are SICK. You are disgusting!

You're the one flinging the vitriol. Also, you do realize there are many other websites just like this on the Internet. I don't agree with Christianity. I think it's a hateful, prejudiced, bigoted religion but I don't go around telling them to remove their websites. They have a right to their voice just as we do and everyone else. Freedom of Speech isn't just reserved for Christians, though I am sure you believe that.

Please remove your DISGUSTING and SICK website, and avoid the lawsuit that should be prepared in defense of EVERY God-fearing amputee I know. You SICK and TWISTED monster!

Again: Freedom of Speech. You have no case.

You don't deserve a platform, so get off your soap-box and APOLOGIZE for years of abuse, and misuse of your freedom of speech, you disgusting criminal!

You really have no idea what "Freedom of Speech" is, do you? It's for everyone not just people like you.

So what's your premise? You talk A LOT about the Bible. Where do you come off thinking the Bible is so damned important to those who have any real faith?

do you even understand what you said here?

The Bible is USEFUL, and that's all intelligent sceintists who have faith will EVER teach. But you're not a scientific observer. If you were, you'd have some logical, rational, common sense, and realize the Bible is for people who are still brand new to a faith that's extremely hard to grasp with just words. But truly, you're entirely misled by the Fundamentalists who are saying they are "Christians" and the Catholics through history... but more so than not, you are focusing on what appears to be "Revival Tent Meetings" where false teachers love to swarm, and sway even more weak-willed and lesser intelligent people.

I have never seen or been to such a thing. However, that seems more your problem than ours.

You are coming off as the most judgmental person on earth right now. I find your "ministry" to be appalling, and unfortunately for you -- every jury in this country has at least one person with faith in God sitting there, and sadly, the way juries like to handle cases like yours, is to see the actual damages you are causing and rate them on a scale for judgment that allows you to see the truth, and face justice, when you may have kept "all the laws" you are still defaming character, especially of veterans, who I believe you make references to just by default. It's the most disgusting thing on the web -- and I've seen war, and have dealt with amputees.

Again: you have no case.

Now, take offense or try to defend yourself, but it's not going to slow down the anger you've boiled up against those who only have faith left, and THAT is hard for people who've had their LIMBS BLOWN OFF, okay? So, quit trying to teach people your twisted logic.

Emotionally drained yet?

You have these twisted thoughts that no one can help. Your logic isn't based on the science of correct thinking, or you'd actually know that your premise is the most flawed garbage to be made into any concept. And you've devoted a whole lot of time and energy to, what appears to be, convincing yourself that there's no God, and if there was a God, people without limbs would have them magically grow back -- then EVERYONE would know there was a God. Good work. Aren't you the brightest crayon in the box!

You certainly aren't. I don't think you understand a quarter of what you're saying.

Now, please, understand your offensiveness, because no one's really buying this. God-fearing amputees hang on to their faith, while you sever people's only extension of hope, the hope that they will be restored one day and be able to walk again, or have limbs again. If you only knew that their faith was so strong -- you'd give up on your pathetic campaign.

You keep saying they are strong yet insulting them in the same breath by saying they aren't strong by implying this website is taking away their hope.

Make up your mind.

But you haven't heard the last of this.

Threats? You do realize even if you could sue this e-mail of yours isn't going to help you, right?

I just want you to have the burning coals of anger well up inside your own conscience, for how many people you've personally offended.

And you think you're not offending anyone with your diatribe?

You come off as being extremely pompous, foolish in your logic, and extremely presumptuous where "Christian fundamentalists" seem to be the group you're targeting. Well, let me just tell you they're all flawed, and the idea of "God" is difficult in any culture and in any religion. But the idea still exists, and someone like you isn't going to come out and prove a negative all at once, based on some flawed premise of people's limbs not being healed.

Actually, I think the target is everyone. And just as a side note: you come off as a "Fundamentalist".

In Judgment, I stated you should have your limbs removed -- but honestly, I just wish you'd sit on the OUTSIDE of the Kingdom and watch as people are given their limbs back, restored health, and watch as people who were hungry have food given to them, the poor being made rich, and the humble being given crowns -- while you sit on the OUTSIDE, in the darkness, by yourself, all alone with your webpage in front of you, the only thing you have all the time on earth to think about, until you beg for forgiveness and see that it will be those who have their limbs restored, who will literally stand up and look at you, in awe, and say what they want to say about YOU. I determined in logic, that from what harsh words you use, and how disgusting your teachings are -- they will stand up and say together that you ought to have your limbs blown off, and I get this deep feeling that's what you're up against.

You have a warped sense of what Heaven is going to be.

So, you can doubt the Judgment is a real thing -- but when it is time, you'll either (A) enter the complete blackness of nothing and darkness forever, where non-existent you will be as though you were never born (that's the atheist nirvana of course), or (B) you'll face the other Truth that the world has yet to determine, if they don't have any faith at all... regardless, the Truth will stand in the end if (A) is found to be a lie.

How does one doubt something they don't believe exists?

I don't play dice, and I'm more leaning toward the side of mercy where Judgment is concerned. A better premise for you if you EVER decide you have faith, or a conscience, let me give you a different task in how you can constructively get a message across to a much larger crowd: the doctrine of hellfire can't exist with the teaching of a "merciful and kind and loving God of justice and mercy" -- so chew on that one. If you wanted a more powerful premise, it should be something more convincing than your "amputee" rationale; the doctrine of hell is a complete lie, and misleads more people than anything else. It's more disgusting than even your teaching; false teachers IN THE CHURCH have been using hell to instill fear in people for the ages... and they think it's a REAL PLACE of torment. They are mistaking the Judgment, which is temporary, and the wrath of God, which is temporary -- for "eternal pain and suffering in flames of torment with Satan and the fallen angels and demons, forever!"

Now consider carefully what I just shared with you. Think about the notion of HELL, and how sick it is. People burning, literally, forever? That's perverted in a way I can't even begin to express. If you think I'm crazy for confronting you like this, and for telling you I believe in God -- but it's impossible for me to have faith and believe in a God who created all things with a purpose, including the knowledge of good AND evil -- so that there will be no desire for evil and no secrets whatsoever... we know evil now. Great. But to what purpose? For the majority of people to burn forever? That's sick.

Now, if you want to be constructive, use your talent for reaching an audience, al beit, a small one, and a pretty sick-minded one if you ask anyone I know (amputees from war for example). Nice to hear from one of those on the other side of the fence for a change? I bet you only hear from other skeptics more often than not -- and maybe some Christian yells at you that you're going to go to hell, and you need to believe the Bible.

This is just hilarious. You rant and rave and hope we (or just Brain) lose limbs and then say how we can be more helpful but only if we ask God for forgiveness. Hilarious. You're a funny guy.

Well, I'm not telling you that you're going to hell, nor am I saying you should believe the Bible. Though it wouldn't hurt to confront the problems you have with the Bible and figure out what is really motivating your hatred of God... is it... because you're gay? Is it... because you're selfish and loaded down with lusts of such perversions that you know you'd "go to hell" if there was one? Is that it?

I just don't think these judgments on either side, are MERITED. So, if you stop with your sick judgments, I'll cease to pass these hypothetical judgments of you and your character, and your "twisted logic".

Fix it, or face a court in the real world if you so desire to hear from angry amputees who really, really don't like your website, and would rather see it taken down. Okay?

More threats.

Thank you!

Such a funny guy.

Very Respectfully:

What? What respect. Another word you don't understand.

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »
There's a pretty good chance this is just troll mail.

But compared to most, It seems at least reasonably well written/not cut and paste. Still batshite insane, spiteful, missing the point, full of hypocracy...but none the less didn't come across the crayon scrawl that people who have as much hate in them seem to write. But still the "whine whine whine whine. Therefore you all badl bad people and you should take down you website because it hurts my widdle feelings" is its essence.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:25:55 AM by Hatter23 »
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +66/-0
  • Polyatheist
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 03:59:53 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaaand... another crazy person misses the point entirely. &)
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 11:46:06 AM »
A lot of words, OP. I hope you feel better for venting.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2013, 09:23:11 AM »
You have these twisted thoughts that no one can help. You are coming off as the most judgmental person on earth right now.
You don't deserve a platform, so get off your soap-box and APOLOGIZE for years of abuse, and misuse of your freedom of speech, you disgusting criminal!
You SICK and TWISTED monster!
You are so foolish it hurts to even address you in this email.
Go away, and abandon your folly
I care about the amputees and my friends who have been injured and return from a terrible war
I hope you are an amputee, and I hope you can't wipe your own butt when Judgment comes to you.
what is really motivating your hatred of God... is it... because you're gay?
You are pathetic.

I love the juxtaposition between the quote above and the quote below.

[...]Very Respectfully...
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);