Author Topic: Obama-Devil Resemblance on 'The Bible' Sets Off Firestorm  (Read 582 times)

Offline shnozzola

Obama-Devil Resemblance on 'The Bible' Sets Off Firestorm
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:24:49 PM »
The resemblance between President Obama and an actor who plays the devil on History's "The Bible" has drawn more than a little notice.

Conservative commentator Glenn Beck was among the first to take to Twitter to point out the resemblance between Obama and actor Mohamen Mehdi Ouzaani. A slew of tweets and news stories ensued, many from Obama supporters who weren't pleased.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/obama-devil-resemblance-bible-sets-firestorm-81596

Mark Burnett and Roma Downey, executive producers of “The Bible,” added:

“This is utter nonsense. The actor who played Satan, Mehdi Ouzaani, is a highly acclaimed Moroccan actor. He has previously played parts in several Biblical epics– including Satanic characters long before Barack Obama was elected as our President.”
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
Re: Obama-Devil Resemblance on 'The Bible' Sets Off Firestorm
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
Probably just a coincidence. &)
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +578/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »
In a world with nearly 7 billion people, there's bound to be a few with fairly close resemblances.

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:46 PM »
A question, as I am not watching this series: the actors playing the lead 'good' characters, are they of Mid-Eastern appearance as well, or are they white?

Offline LoriPinkAngel

• Reader
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • I'm Your Nurse, Not Your Waitress...
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:37 PM »
I haven't seen it but one of my FB friends posted that the guy playing Jesus is pretty hot.
It doesn't make sense to let go of something you've had for so long.  But it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's actually nothing there.

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +88/-1
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 09:36:54 PM »
I'm not watching it either, but was reading the article the OP was based on a little earlier today, as well as a bunch of the comments at the end.

Apparently, according to many of the comments, the "good guys" are significantly fairer-skinned than the villains, but the powers that be behind the series are not (naturally) admitting to that being anything but coincidence, and claim the utmost of respect for Obama. I haven't checked the cast list to compare ethnicity  to degree of menace for myself, though.

It does seem, in today's politically correct climate, though, that a definite pattern of casting evil characters with darker-skinned actors would have  been caught and corrected somewhere in the production phase.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »
Just another half brother Obama did not know about. ;)  Are the people who produced this fuddies?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »
That is what Obama would look like if we allowed presidents to serve 3 terms.  I understand why Glen Beck got confused. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 07:56:37 AM »
According to Beck and other right nuts...Obama is plotting to serve a 3rd term.

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:10 AM »
A question, as I am not watching this series: the actors playing the lead 'good' characters, are they of Mid-Eastern appearance as well, or are they white?

Oh they're white...with a bit of lean towards hispanic. However the Narrator is black. The guy who played Satan has a history of going for Biblical/Historical parts.

Why they don't get say...Middle Eastern Jews for the parts of...Middle Eastern Jews seems a bit beyond me.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 12:26:07 PM »
You can't do that.  The myth evolved to see Jesus as white.  Do you want people to watch or not?  You don't tjhink God's Son would be another race do you?  Read your bible. ;)

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:37:18 PM »
You can't do that.  The myth evolved to see Jesus as white.  Do you want people to watch or not?  You don't tjhink God's Son would be another race do you?  Read your bible. ;)

And then you get in store in the ghetto and you see pictures of Jesus as an African....a genetic south of Sahara African. Sigh. Same problem in negative, and not even with the "way they always did it" excuse.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
Bible's Satan =~ Barack Obama
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
I wasn't aware that the "bible" was an illustrated work, but then somebody else is working the headlines for clicks:

Why does The Bible's Satan look so much like Barack Obama?

Coincidence... or something more sinister?

You might think it would be impossible for a TV series set thousands of years in the past to comment on contemporary American politics. But last night, hundreds of viewers of the History Channel miniseries The Bible took to social media to argue that the show had found a way — by casting Mohamen Mehdi Ouazanni, an actor who bears a striking resemblance to President Barack Obama, as Satan.

Perhaps inevitably, conservative commentator Glenn Beck was one of the first to comment on the physical similarity between The Bible's Satan and our 44th president. Beck originally made the comparison last week, while encouraging his followers to watch the upcoming episode

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Re: Bible's Satan =~ Barack Obama
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 04:41:21 PM »
So the far right wingnuts were right. ;)

Online screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:12 AM »
merged topics
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.