Author Topic: Unbelievably awesome atheist rapper  (Read 221 times)

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +339/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
Unbelievably awesome atheist rapper
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
Imagine an atheist rapper who lyrically destroys religion and talks about intelligent topics like science and accelerating technological advancement without breaking the rhythm...then listen to the reality:

:D
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Unbelievably awesome atheist rapper
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:46:13 PM »
I have heard his stuff.  Pretty good.  The guy just seems like he can't stay out of trouble.  From Compton and has lots of guns.  He got in trouble with another atheists group and ended up in jail I think.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +339/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
Do you have any links for details?  If he's committing crimes, that's a huge disappointment.
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +558/-22
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 08:55:04 PM »
I'm not much of a fan of hip hop, but he's an outspoken atheist, so that's a plus in my book.  (edit - I sound like every quote in the article linked below)  I did not find any indication he was a trouble maker.  but then, I'm not the google viking Pony is.

"I come from gang life — don't get it twisted. I could easily be just another gangster rapper. That's not where I am; that's not the life I want to portray," he says. "You have to understand this, you have to understand my history as a soldier. I went to Iraq, I saw people die. It's not a game to me. This is the real deal. This poses a threat to our technological advances that we're going need to escape the human condition."
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2009-04-30/music/rapper-greydon-square-is-an-atheist-icon/

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.