Author Topic: Bill O'Riley  (Read 664 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Bill O'Riley
« on: March 18, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
Our good friend Bill O'Riley is back in the news.  Seems his marriage of 15 years (with 2 kids) went thru a separation in 2010 and divorce in 2011.  Bill pulled his old tricks (1) hiring the mediator between them to live in his house and care for the kids when with him, (2) tried to get the NY Nassau Co. police detective his wife started seeing in trouble, ans 3) got the Catholic Church to start to harass his ex wife.

Seems Bill and Cardinal Timothy Dolan are tight.  His wife got a note telling her she could no longer receive communion and not to tell her kids that God liked the new guy she was seeing and eventually married.  Wonder how the Cardinal knew what she was telling her kids that God liked the new guy?  Bill also gave $65,00 to the NY Catholic Parish.  I'm sure that did not influence the Cardinal.

Catholics are not suppose to get divorced.  Wonder why the Cardinal seems to think it is ok for Bill to receive communion?

Now Bill want the church to grant him an annulment.  After 15 yrs and 2 kids.  Kind of crazy but money and power seem to have a way of making thing work out.  Keep up those family values Bill.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +730/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Bill O'Riley
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
Like we say about Newt Gingrich. He values marriage so much he's done it three times. Same goes for Rush.

Luckily for the rich, if being moral won't fix it, being rich will. O'Reilly will survive.

On the bright side, now he can feel a bit less guilty about kissing Palin's behind.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
So if the marriage never happened, he's a fornicator, isn't he? :p

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:08:15 PM »
Like we say about Newt Gingrich. He values marriage so much he's done it three times. Same goes for Rush.

Rush has been married four times, actually.  I think someone once called him a serial polygamist.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +30/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
    About the only thing I remember from my freshman Sociology class is serial monogamy, whereby someone believes in the institution of marriage but is unable to make individual marriages work. He's still a piece of shit regardless.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »
My advice to the jerk's wife:  Tell Bill and the Church to sod the F off.  Why should she want wine and wafers from hypocritical bastards?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +646/-27
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:16:46 AM »
    About the only thing I remember from my freshman Sociology class is serial monogamy, whereby someone believes in the institution of marriage but is unable to make individual marriages work. He's still a piece of shit regardless.

Maybe that's what it was and I screwed it up?  I think serial polygamist is funnier. 

Also, if you think about electrical circuits, it makes sense.  What we think of polygamy is parallel polygamy.  Rush still has multiple wives - thus polygamy - but he does it in series.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »
Wives come in, wives go out. You can't explain that.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 05:45:34 PM »
If he gets the marriage annulled that means his kids are bastards. Or virgin births. Baby girl needs to write a tell-all book and get the bastard where it hurts. Then she won't need his money and can tell him where he can stick it. :P
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 08:19:11 PM »
If he gets the marriage annulled that means his kids are bastards. Or virgin births. Baby girl needs to write a tell-all book and get the bastard where it hurts. Then she won't need his money and can tell him where he can stick it. :P
Made me wonder if there was prenup or some kind of settlement where she can't tell all or is cut off from the cash? Sounds like an O'Riley trick.
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
 Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime.
Aristotle

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 08:25:47 PM »
I thought about the same thing.  Kind of like when he was accused of workplace sexual harassment and had that settled where no one could talk.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +125/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:33:30 PM »
So if the marriage never happened, he's a fornicator, isn't he? :p

For that amount of money, it's not fornication. It's rapture.
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Made me wonder if there was prenup or some kind of settlement where she can't tell all or is cut off from the cash? Sounds like an O'Riley trick.
That is apparently how Rush and the rest of the right-wing family values hypocrites get away with all the shenanigans, including drugs, gambling, affairs, abuse, etc. They pay the women off, so like high-class hookers, they can't talk. And to some extent, the women know what they are getting into.

Nothing turns me off like proud ignorance plus self-centered arrogance, and that defines many of the spokesmen on the right. I'd sooner date an orangutan than a right-wing fool, no matter how rich. Great apes are more thoughtful, with better morals (less likely to abandon you and the kids while you are sick with cancer) and their conversation is on a higher plane. Many are also nicer looking than either Rush, Bill or Newt.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 04:41:50 PM »
I don't know?  You might run into Donald Trump's father if you date apes.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +824/-6
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 05:05:18 PM »
So, that's where he gets the hairpieces?