Author Topic: Santorum wants God back in America (I think)  (Read 685 times)

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Santorum wants God back in America (I think)
« on: March 15, 2013, 02:24:24 PM »
Rick Santorum pontificated about the problems of America and heavily criticized President Obama for working to exclude God from America.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/15/17327566-santorum-obama-wants-godless-america-passion-is-on-the-left?

We certainly don't need a dangerous nut like Santorum in the Oval Office. Where do these brain-dead politicians come from and why must we keep on fighting to subdue them?
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Re: Santorum wants God back in America (I think)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 02:30:36 PM »
His son was running for president of his class at one of the miltatry academies (gee, I wonder what got him in there?) and used some of the same kind of BS his father did in his campagin.  The son ended up losing.  Like father, like son. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 02:57:11 PM »
He is one scary bastard.  And the quotes cited in that article are not the scariest ones.  For those of you who can stomach it, here is the full speech. 

For those of you who can't stomach it, here are the cliff notes. 

Santorum's nephew died last night.  He did not feel pain when he was dying, because the doctors had medicated him.  It was those who were alive who felt pain.  And Santorum remembered that 22 years before, his wife had felt enormous pain on a different floor of that some hospital, as she gave birth to their daughter.

Pain, he went on to say, is necessary.  But the left want to alleviate the pain, like the doctors had alleviated the pain of his nephew's death.  He goes on to say that alleviating pain is a bad thing, (I think) because it is bad for our souls.  Pain is a good thing - just like the pain that a woman suffers during childbirth.  And if we don't have that pain, we will not... ummm... I think we won't continue to be reborn, perhaps?  Suffering, it ultimately better.  Without suffering, it appears, we will turn into the godless French.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 03:33:42 PM »
You are right "Q".  The man is insane.  His Catholic "guilt" and "suffering for God" side showed big and tall on this one.  Lets help him out and waterboard him for God.

Offline caveat_imperator

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +6/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:42:00 PM »
So, he's sad his nephew didn't die screaming in agony? :o
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:28 PM »
If he ever becomes president he will take glee in watching all of us suffer.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 07:47:17 PM »
Hey, even Santorum has limits as to how much pain some people should endure. For instance, rich people shouldn't suffer the pain of paying taxes. In fact, they shouldn't suffer at all.

They are the exception though.
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Online jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +599/-19
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:17:12 PM »
I look at it like this.  Hunger, in and of itself, isn't a bad thing.  It tells us when we need to eat, so we wouldn't want to get rid of it (indeed, if we somehow did, we'd probably cause more harm than good).  But we also don't want people who are so hungry that they know nothing else, or who are starving to death because their hunger goes unfufilled.  Pain is the same way.  We need it, at least a little bit, so we have a guide on what not to do.  But that's not a good reason to let a dying man (or boy) suffer needlessly.

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:28 PM »
  He's a walking talking bowel movement.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +819/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 10:29:59 PM »
^^^I sort of disagree. That is an insult to bowel movements.  ;D
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +454/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 10:51:59 PM »
He said Obama “wants to replace the ‘why’ of American Revolution for ‘why’ of French revolution –- a society that is Godless without faith,” that is “anti clerical, anti-God,

Is it just me, or does Santorum's delusion-verse sound kinda awesome?  Say, Mr. Santorum, can we trade your Obama for the real one?
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »
Pain, he went on to say, is necessary.  But the left want to alleviate the pain, like the doctors had alleviated the pain of his nephew's death.  He goes on to say that alleviating pain is a bad thing, (I think) because it is bad for our souls.  Pain is a good thing - just like the pain that a woman suffers during childbirth.  And if we don't have that pain, we will not... ummm... I think we won't continue to be reborn, perhaps?  Suffering, it ultimately better.  Without suffering, it appears, we will turn into the godless French.

He's catholic.  More catholic than the newly minted Pope Pepe Franny.  And pain and suffering is what brings a good catholic closer to god.  This was one of Mother theresa's fetishes.  Trying to find god in the pain and suffering of others after she'd lost her faith.  Rick santorum should be put in a psychiatric hospital.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 05:25:47 AM »
Without suffering, it appears, we will turn into the godless French.
Well, given the choice between being french or in pain, I think I'll choose being french 99 times out of a hundred. Accounting for the 1%, I'd rather be godless and in pain than french and religious.
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 09:56:30 AM »
Isn't he trying to do exactly what the Constitution forbids? Have the government controlled by (a) religion.

This is what was happening in Europe when our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution. They did not want (a) religion influencing  the government, plain and simple. They knew full well that relationship leads to total control and becomes extemely oppressive.

He was an elected official who should know and abide by the Constitution. Instead, he is a religious zealot trying to pedal his religion via the government.

SHAME ON YOU RICKY!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »
He does not see it that way because he is in the right.