Author Topic: I don't even  (Read 342 times)

Offline Sketchiii

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
I don't even
« on: March 13, 2013, 11:32:46 AM »
So I randomly happened upon a thread which just so happens to be in the paranormal board on 4chan, which I have no care for.
I took a few minutes to glimpse the thread but found that I couldn't stop reading replies.

Do theses people actually believe what the are writing? I seriously don't have answer.

Link: http://boards.4chan.org/x/res/12190185

Note: Threads on that site are very temporary so it may no longer exist very soon.   

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: I don't even
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:36:08 PM »
Welp, I've managed to avoid 4chan until now, and now I have confirmation I haven't been missing anything. Summoning demons for sex? Well, if succubi were real, it's a sure bet people would be doing just that.  &)

As to whether the folks on that thread really believe what they're spouting, I don't have an answer either. Probably at least some of them are just playing along out of amusement, or to be "in" with the group.

Thanks for letting me have a glimpse of 4chan, Sketchiii. I doubt I'll be back; I can get better laughs over at cracked.com.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Sketchiii

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 12:57:59 PM »
Yea I thought it would be something interested and different for folks here to look at that's somewhat related to this site.

Since making the thread I've been lurking the board which I don't intend to make a habit of because I like my sanity but I am genuinely no closer to determining whether these people believe the things they are writing.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:13 PM »
It's 4chan, I doubt half of the people writing responses actually believe that they could summon a demon.  My guess is some of those responding may have believed they could and may have even tried when they were younger.  I had a friend in high school who had an interest in casting spells and witchcraft.  She's long given it up but can still tell you things she's read and tried.  So in that thread I bet those that have some previous experience are trolling those that want to believe they can summon a demon for sex. 
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »
Can they get a demon to start posting here so we can ask it questions?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 02:43:14 PM »
Thank you for posting this.  I had no idea that it was so dangerous to summon demons for sexual gratification.  Apparently, as various posters pointed out, it is much safer to hire a prostitute if you are just looking for sex, rather than risk having your soul sucked out.

I will remember to refrain from said summoning activities from this point forward. 

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
So is that soul sucked out thing worth trying? ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!