Author Topic: Want to Make a Video  (Read 363 times)

Offline TheSadCat

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Want to Make a Video
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
So several of my friends (believers and non-believers) really don't understand what the question WWGHA? is actually getting at. If anything, we can see on YouTube many users who similarly are having trouble grasping the concept. While I could just link them to, say, ProfMTH who responds to another user, I feel like it would garner more attention if I made a video myself and perhaps directed them to these forums so that they can get some direct feedback about the question for themselves. I have a few questions, however, before I go and perhaps waste my time:

1. If I talk about cancer patients and soldiers who are "blessed by God" despite all the others who similarly prayed and died, do I need to attribute this to WWGHA or can I just mention it briefly and say, "For more information on this subject please see the relevant video here"?
2. Should I preface general ideas with "WWGHA analyzes it like this..." or should I say "Marshall Brain argues that..."?

I plan on including my own thoughts and ideas so I don't just simply parrot what others have said before, but at the same time I think the ideas are so fleshed out already that I don't think I could say something truly original. However if any of us actually took that idea to heart I don't think we could really make anything (a strong claim, but you get the idea). Thoughts?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Want to Make a Video
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 06:19:51 PM »
I've got my popcorn and milk dudes ready.  Go for it.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 06:31:03 PM »
Did they see this video?

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ]
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:46:41 PM by shnozzola »
“I wanna go ice fishing on Europa, and see if something swims up to the camera lens and licks it.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
I can't say that this is an official answer, but it seems to me that the purpose of the WWGHA site and the arguments made in the vids/written sections are for the purpose of spreading those ideas. It would seem to me that that reusing any of those arguments in a discussion would be fine, but a link or mention of the site would also be appropriate. For example: "The website WWGHA says x: This is what is meant by x: here are some examples of x in Christianity". Again, I can't speak for the owner of the site, but it seems that the intention is that people will share these ideas. After all, if one does not want their ideas to be shared, it would seem asinine to post them on the net. Just ensure that some kind of reference to the site is made, and I doubt that it would be an issue.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?