Author Topic: More from Herb Pope  (Read 421 times)

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
More from Herb Pope
« on: March 04, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »
http://muskogeephoenix.com/opinion/x273854185/THE-PEOPLE-SPEAK-Put-Constitution-back-into-government

According to him, the United States government was replaced by a corporation (which presumably ignores the Constitution) way back in 1871.  This is apparently why JFK was assassinated, because he didn't want to obey the corporation.  It's also why nobody in the government will do anything about birther allegations that Obama isn't a natural-born citizen.

Because, after all, that's the most important issue facing the nation today...Barack Obama's citizenship.  Not the deficit/debt, not the economy, not any of the other myriad issues that impact the nation.  Nope, it's whether Barack Obama is a natural-born citizen...at least according to the birthers who're still obsessed with the issue.

And here's his 'proof'.  Apparently, he thinks this even overrides Supreme Court rulings on the subject (Dred Scott v Sanford (1857), United States v Rhodes (1866), Minor v Happersett (1875), United States v Wong Kim Ark (1898), etc).

While I've brought this subject up before on this forum, it was too good an opportunity to resist showing just how deranged the hardcore birthers have gotten.  Because, according to them you have to prove that you were born in United States territory, you have to have two citizen parents, and you have to have maintained your citizenship even as a minor.  Oh, and you can't be adopted by a non-citizen either.  If you meet all those qualifications, then I guess you can ask for a Birther Seal of Approval, but that won't actually mean anything legally.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +750/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: More from Herb Pope
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »
False beliefs are incredibly important to some people. Of course, they don't think they are false. Here's an interesting article on the issue.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2013-01/osu-fbp012413.php

I loved the people who were claiming that the Obama presidency was a conspiracy from the get-go. That he was groomed from before birth to get elected. Which means that in 1960 it was clear to the conspirators that there would be no problem getting a black man elected in 2008 or so.

Yea, right. And conspirators who could pull it off weren't smart enough to have a good fake birth certificate at the ready? Yea, right.

John McCain wasn't born in the U.S. I didn't see too many right wingers complaining about that.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +750/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
By the way, the chart is wrong about a lot of things. The most obvious one: the requirement that both parents be U.S. citizens. The law requires only one be a citizen.

If the dude can't get that right, why bother trying the parse the rest of his shit.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2013, 01:23:16 PM »
Actually, as long as you're born on US soil, neither has to be a citizen (Wong Kim Ark was born to Chinese nationals, not even immigrants undergoing the naturalization process).  Natural-born citizen just means "a citizen at birth", as opposed to a naturalized citizen.

Honestly, I'm no longer bothering to even try to treat this picture as legit.  I'm just citing things from various Supreme Court rulings at him and then letting him destroy his own position with his ranting.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:09 PM »
Gee, when I 1st saw the header here I thought a new pope had been elected.  Pope Herb I.

Romney's pa was born in Mexico.  I guess he would have been seen as the wetback president if he had been elected.

Every day you see on the net people wanting to know why Obama has not been impeached yet.  Remember that church group that was praying to make Obama's children fatherless?  They won't give up until the bitter end...and then prob not.  They will want his pic and name removed from any list of US Presidents.

And they say racism no longer exist. haha.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!