Author Topic: Not door to door but by phone.  (Read 368 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Not door to door but by phone.
« on: March 03, 2013, 03:00:24 PM »
Just now as I was on site I got a phone call.  It was a lady asking if I knew what God had planned for me.  I said, "I don't believe in a god so I guess we can stop here".  She asked why I believed that way?  What happened in my life to get me to think that way?  I told her there was no proof for a god and started to tell her if she was born in a Muslim country she would prob be Muslim and that wars and such are mostly religious based.  I then started on the Catholic church and its problems and such.  She then started on the bible and I stopped her and told her that was fake and made up by a bunch of goat herders.  Finally, she gave up and said it was interesting talking to me.  I was not very nice but then she called me.  Prob crossed off the list for further calls.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline anthony_retford

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
Re: Not door to door but by phone.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 06:13:19 PM »
Aha, a militant atheist.
People are 'erroneously confident' in their knowledge and underestimate the odds that their information or beliefs will be proved wrong. They tend to seek additional information in ways that confirm what they already believe.
Max Bazenman, Harvard University

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 06:26:50 PM »
Hey, at least you didn't have to put your pants on.

Of course my assumption that you would have put on pants to answer the door may be flawed.  ;D

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »
Hey, I always have my pants on when on site.  Who knows what some of you are capable of? ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +472/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »
Prob crossed off the list for further calls.
No, moved from the "Prospective" list straight to the "Hardcore Fundamentalist Shock Battalions target zone list". Prepare for a pair of Blackhawks (emblazoned with pix of American Jesus wrapped in the Flag and holding a gun) landing in your garden and discharging a band of elite KJV-wielding pastors.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 04:00:22 AM »
Hey, at least you didn't have to put your pants on.
Well, the witnesses visit me every few years. We talk, I ask them if they'd be willing to talk more over coffee in a week or so ... then they agree and invariably proceed to not show up. I have not noticed any effect my trousers may have on that outcome. Maybe I should try without them next time? I think I could make a strong case that not showing up is far ruder than answering the door in shorts in any case ...
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 05:44:06 AM »
hmmm... thats interesting. Shoulda told them you were planning to go into the priesthood but all those plans got halted when you found out you had damaged testicles... then asked them why damaged testicles should stop your ministry?

I received an accidental text last a little longer than a week ago. It was addressing someone else, but the texter said they wanted to tell whoever the text was to, about their ministry. I explained that I wasnt who they were looking for, but if they could NOT tell children they are evil and born evil in their ministry I would appreciate it. "Its my ministry"

They asked if that was something I experienced in church. Explained yes in every church I had been to, because of the doctrine of original sin. They responded that original sin is biblically sound doctrine. I explained that I knew, but "we" ignore plenty things that are biblically sound, like slavery. They agreed and kept it moving... but left me with the link that I never checked out: www.themomministry.com

Online bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »
but left me with the link that I never checked out: www.themomministry.com
The third line is a No! No! It kind of says it all. "Whether you are a Parent, Mentor, Grandparent, or Church Leader, it's time to see the role of parenting as God does
Are they serious!
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12