Author Topic: Is the Westboro Baptist Church well organized trolls or are they serious?  (Read 754 times)

Offline J0SH

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Unbeliever of the bullshit.
Is that level of stupidity actually possible or do you think they are just putting on a show as a large group of trolls?
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion."  -Robert M. Pirsig
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” -Mahatma Gandhi

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +294/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
They're quite serious.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken/Lucifer/All In One/Orion.

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
Oh yeah, their as serious as it comes. Just watch anything about them on youtube and Google Lauren Drain (former member who was kicked of the family for question the church) to get a good look at how real the douchebags are.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +198/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
One of Fred Phelps' sons is an atheist activist now (Nate Phelps), and, obviously, a disowned family member. I've heard him speak on his deconversion and his family life that led to it, and it certainly sounds like they are as serious as can be.

Many of them are lawyers, which makes it worse, in that they will take any opportunity to sue, in addition to all their other activities. It's a damned unpleasant combination. They really do seem to be at least as hateful as they appear.
"It's hard to, but I'm starting to believe some of you actually believe these things.  That is completely beyond my ability to understand if that is really the case, but things never cease to amaze me."

Offline Emily

• Professor
  • Darwins +51/-0
Megan Phelps and Grace Phelps (sisters) left the church in November, and of course got disowned. They are the nieces of Nate Phelps. I hope they reconnect with each other.
"Great moments are born from great opportunities." Herb Brooks

I edit a lot of my posts. The reason being it to add content or to correct grammar/wording. All edits to remove wording get a strike through through the wording.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
Is that level of stupidity actually possible or do you think they are just putting on a show as a large group of trolls?
There's no contradiction there, though, is there? They're stupid, they're trolls, and they are putting on a show.
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline essgeeskee

• Graduate
  • Darwins +1/-0
I'd have to say they are just putting on a BIG show. They come off as being fundamentalist Christians and are always referring to the Bible talking about how "God hates fags". They're correct because the Bible does say that in Leviticus. The only problem with that to ME is that they ignore the 2nd part of the Bible verse where it says that gays are to be put to death. Some say that stoning was the preferred method. Putting up signs at funerals is not the same thing as "following scripture". God specifically instructs his followers to put gays to death; not piss them off by putting up signs, discussing how bad homosexuality is behind their back and name calling. I know it sounds sick, but these religious nuts MAY be the reason why the gay population seems to be on the rise. If they would stone the gays as God instructed them, the gay problem they're always ranting about would be under control. Right?

I know that some people will say, "Well, that was the OT. The New Testament does not provide such punishment for homosexual acts." If that's the case, why even bother mentioning what God said about gays in Leviticus at all? This was "supposedly" the same time period when God was giving Moses the same 10 commandments that Christians live by today. So what I gather from that is that today's Christians can live the 10 commandments of the old testament, point out SOME of the abominations mentioned in Leviticus while ignoring Gods instructions on how to deal with people who "go against God".

Again, I know what the Christians will say. They'll say, "the Bible also says respect the law of the land." If that's the case, who needs the Bible?

Sorry for the rant. I haven't posted here in a while.

:)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 05:53:06 AM by essgeeskee »
"Follow your intuition!"