Author Topic: 6th grader outsmarts Pastor on Noah's Ark  (Read 477 times)

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
6th grader outsmarts Pastor on Noah's Ark
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:59:39 AM »

Why would a Pastor lie to a childs face?
Cant make this up, he later states, "I havent thought much about it..."

Well, no shit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:01:18 AM by The Gawd »

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
Re: 6th grader outsmarts Pastor on Noah's Ark
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:48 AM »
 Amazing,on tape feeding kids bullshit
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:42 AM »
 I'd never thought of the oxygen availability above 29,000 feet. Pretty smart kid.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
I'd never thought of the oxygen availability above 29,000 feet. Pretty smart kid.

No, not really.  During the flood, the summit of Mount Everest would have still been sea level.  This is just about the only scientific problem that the flood myth doesn't have.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +751/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
Actually, I'm guessing that the water would displace the atmosphere so that the oxygen/nitrogen/fish farts would rise with the water and quite possibly be breathable at that altitude. Keep in mind that sea level would simply be 29,000 feet higher.

Of course, the multitudinous problems with the whole story make this little detail seem very minor. I have yet to hear even one single aspect of the tale that seemed at all possible.

Added: I misread pianodwarf's post above where he says the same thing about the air. Durned smart-ass atheists!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:45:21 PM by ParkingPlaces »
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
Added: I misread pianodwarf's post above where he says the same thing about the air. Durned smart-ass atheists!

Heh.  :^)

Technically speaking, all other things being equal, the air at sea level during the flood would be slightly thinner, because the same amount of air would be spread out over a sphere just a bit larger than the sea level we have today.  However, inasmuch as the radius of the earth now is 3,959 miles, and the radius of the earth with all that water on it would still be only about 3,965 miles, I doubt if the air pressure during the flood would be even as much as one percent lower than current air pressure at sea level.  I suppose I could do the math, but I'm not in the mood today.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +557/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 01:08:42 PM »
The layer of atmosphere would be thinner, though, because of the increased surface area of the planet.  But probably not enough to matter.

Compared to the much more significant problems (beginning with, where did all that water come from and where did it all go?) with the flood myth, being able to breathe at that high of an altitude isn't really even a problem.

The reason the ancient Hebrews believed it is because their cosmology held that the universe was basically water, separated from the earth by an invisible firmament.  Considering how ignorant they were, this is not surprising.  However, there's no excuse at all for modern-day people to believe that same flood myth, considering that we know that the universe is mostly empty space.