Author Topic: What if?  (Read 299 times)

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
What if?
« on: February 28, 2013, 01:34:31 AM »
Lets pretend that this god did exist and we said it was of a different/higher race. Then lets pretend that it was a scientist that put us together with miracle rubik's cube life force awesomeness!!!!!

It would still have come from something that would equate to the horsepower coming through wall at 240VAC. Just energy, mindless, polarized, magnetic.

Could you accept that?

Offline wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
Re: What if?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 01:39:07 AM »
Sorry, carsten; not sure if I'm following you. Are you saying (in this hypothetical) that what was thought to be a god actually turns out to be just undirected energy tunneling out of another universe, or something like that?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:52:26 AM »
No. Not god.

This god would be the scientist that only created our species (hypothetically). In the furthest stretch of the imagination. Like the guy who "invented" jello. Or the guy who invented the gas fired cylinder.

Then its existence would still have been due to cajillions of light years of energy spinning about and evolving star dust into dust, into planets, etc....etc...!

I am not prescribing to this belief. I am asking if that would get you closer to believing in a god, or say it is to far away from your belief.

Offline Add Homonym

• Fellow
  • Darwins +222/-4
  • I can haz jeezusburgerâ„¢
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 02:25:08 AM »
I think it's well established, that Dr Who created human life, when Scaroth's ship exploded.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Death
Humans, in general, don't waste any opportunity to be unfathomably stupid - Dr Cynical.

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 04:13:17 PM »
Love it when the idea sounds and reads well to you..but not any one else. Mulligan.