Author Topic: I am the LORD your GOD. Ask Me anything.  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
Re: I am the LORD your GOD. Ask Me anything.
« Reply #87 on: March 03, 2013, 05:17:36 AM »
Quote from: One
True. Still, your point was that people would choose to do bad things because their thoughts told them to. My point was that people would choose to do good (or, at the very least, choose not to do bad). This post proves My point, rather than yours.

My point is not that your thoughts will cause you to bad things.  My point in that your thoughts can cause you to do bad things or even good things.  The longer you sit there and keep thinking "I need to mow the lawn" the more likely it is you will go mow the lawn.  The longer you sit there thinking "I don't want to mow the law", the less likely you are to mow it.  But I don't mean to say this is an absolute.  A murderer becomes a murderer by thinking murderous thoughts.  If he controlled his thinking and rejected those murderous thoughts, he would not murder.  Now as you pointed out it's not always easy to control our thoughts, but that's beside the point.

That's personal. If you have questions about specific beliefs, I might answer them. If not, I'm not gonna give a general answer.

So it doesn't bother you if someone disagrees with you?

Now this is really silly; thinking of murder makes me a murderer? Well I´m glad our jurisdiction nowadays doesn´t work like this or the world would run out of people. As long as I haven´t killed a person I haven´t done anything, period. What I am thinking is my private stuff and you can`t do anything about it, like it or not. Anything else you say is nonsense.
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #88 on: March 03, 2013, 06:29:48 AM »
My point is not that your thoughts will cause you to bad things.  My point in that your thoughts can cause you to do bad things or even good things.  The longer you sit there and keep thinking "I need to mow the lawn" the more likely it is you will go mow the lawn.  The longer you sit there thinking "I don't want to mow the law", the less likely you are to mow it.  But I don't mean to say this is an absolute.  A murderer becomes a murderer by thinking murderous thoughts.  If he controlled his thinking and rejected those murderous thoughts, he would not murder.  Now as you pointed out it's not always easy to control our thoughts, but that's beside the point.

If that were true, all bullied children would become murderers.

So it doesn't bother you if someone disagrees with you?

Depends on what we disagree on. If I give an explanation for something and people disagree with it for the sake of disagreement, I get pissed.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 12:46:43 PM »
If that were true, all bullied children would become murderers.

You keep acting as though I am speaking in absolutes.  I'm not.  Some bullied children do become murderers?  Why?  Because of their thoughts.  Let's say such a child seeks a counselor before committing murder.  What's the child going to say?  He's going to say, "I'm having thoughts about murder."  The counselor is going to try to get those thoughts out of his head, probably as a long term solution.  But isn't an ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure?  That's all I'm saying.

Depends on what we disagree on. If I give an explanation for something and people disagree with it for the sake of disagreement, I get pissed.

What gives you the right to get angry if someone disagrees with you?  Maybe you are wrong.  Have you ever thought of that?  I disagree with you.  And since I disagree so will some others.  So much for creating a perfect world huh?

Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2013, 01:09:22 PM »
You keep acting as though I am speaking in absolutes.  I'm not.  Some bullied children do become murderers?  Why?  Because of their thoughts.  Let's say such a child seeks a counselor before committing murder.  What's the child going to say?  He's going to say, "I'm having thoughts about murder."  The counselor is going to try to get those thoughts out of his head, probably as a long term solution.  But isn't an ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure?  That's all I'm saying.

Thoughts don't influence actions as much as you seem to believe. For example, I've yet to call you an idiot on several issues, even though my gut tells me I should.

What gives you the right to get angry if someone disagrees with you?  Maybe you are wrong.  Have you ever thought of that?  I disagree with you.  And since I disagree so will some others.  So much for creating a perfect world huh?

It's not disagreeing; it's disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing that pisses me off.
That said, as the One Above All, I reserve the right to do what I want when I want.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2013, 01:25:56 PM »
Thoughts don't influence actions as much as you seem to believe. For example, I've yet to call you an idiot on several issues, even though my gut tells me I should.

I hope you realize that in your own round about way that you just proved my point.

And no, you are just thinking that I mean our thoughts have more influence than I actually mean.  It's as if you are claiming that our thoughts have no effect on our actions at all and that there is absolutely no benefit to controlling our thoughts.  Most of the time it's not important.  But in areas where we ourselves may be actually tempted to carry out a bad action, we should control and reject those thoughts.

Just like you could have completely rejected the thought to call me an idiot instead of keeping on thinking about it.  You can think about it all day as long as you are not tempted to actually do it.  But where temptation actually exists you must take control of your thoughts.

It's not disagreeing; it's disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing that pisses me off.
That said, as the One Above All, I reserve the right to do what I want when I want.

Well I don't agree with your morals on what is evil because I think you might be wrong.
Ye are my witnesses, saith Jehovah, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »
I hope you realize that in your own round about way that you just proved my point.

And no, you are just thinking that I mean our thoughts have more influence than I actually mean.  It's as if you are claiming that our thoughts have no effect on our actions at all and that there is absolutely no benefit to controlling our thoughts.  Most of the time it's not important.  But in areas where we ourselves may be actually tempted to carry out a bad action, we should control and reject those thoughts.

Just like you could have completely rejected the thought to call me an idiot instead of keeping on thinking about it.  You can think about it all day as long as you are not tempted to actually do it.  But where temptation actually exists you must take control of your thoughts.

Or take control of your desires. You know, what regular people do.

Well I don't agree with your morals on what is evil because I think you might be wrong.

Feel free to disagree. We'll settle up after.[1]
 1. Free miracle for who can guess where that sentence is from.
We choose our own gods.

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2013, 04:29:48 PM »

Why this?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/03/us/new-york-crash-baby/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Also, did you mean for the baby to survive because of the technology that exists today but otherwise would've been impossible to save the life of the unborn child back in the days of the lies/exaggerations (I mean the bible)?
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2013, 05:13:45 PM »
Or take control of your desires. You know, what regular people do.

And you are going to do this without ever giving it a thought? 

Feel free to disagree. We'll settle up after

So then you won't have a problem when I live my life like I disagree?

Online DVZ3

• Reader
  • Darwins +41/-8
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2013, 11:08:18 AM »

Nevermind, turns out you decided to take the baby life anyways; I hope it wasn't because of my post of the story.  :-\

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/us/new-york-crash-baby/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
Hguols: "Its easier for me to believe that a God created everything...."

Offline Tykster

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
This may be moot, but as you exist outside of the confines of our physical universe how can any information ever be transmitted to you?
rhocam ~ I guess there are several trillion cells in a man, and one in an amoeba, so to be generous, lets say that there were a billion. That is one every fifteen years. So in my lifetime I should have seen two evolutionary changes.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2013, 12:16:12 PM »
And you are going to do this without ever giving it a thought? 

I do it all the time without thinking. I just think about what to do and don't do it.

So then you won't have a problem when I live my life like I disagree?

Fine by me, in some situations.

Why this?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/03/us/new-york-crash-baby/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Free will.

Also, did you mean for the baby to survive because of the technology that exists today but otherwise would've been impossible to save the life of the unborn child back in the days of the lies/exaggerations (I mean the bible)?

The baby survived because of technology, yes. It wasn't a miracle.

This may be moot, but as you exist outside of the confines of our physical universe how can any information ever be transmitted to you?

That's a very complicated answer that would require years of studying math and physics. In short, even if I were to explain it, you wouldn't understand it.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2013, 05:37:27 PM »

I do it all the time without thinking. I just think about what to do and don't do it.

So you are saying you never do anything wrong?

Fine by me, in some situations.

You do realize when I, and others like me, do this that people are going to blame you for our actions?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2013, 11:57:41 AM »
So you are saying you never do anything wrong?

Sometimes, as everyone does. Nobody's perfect.

You do realize when I, and others like me, do this that people are going to blame you for our actions?

How many times do I have to say "free will"? Don't blame Me for your own mistakes.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2013, 03:30:44 PM »
Oh.  I guess there's not really much you can do then except reward those that listen to you.

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2013, 03:36:53 PM »
Oh.  I guess there's not really much you can do then except reward those that listen to you.

The reward is in doing what I think is right. It improves their lives without any need for my direct intervention.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »
And what about when you destroy the wicked?  Wouldn't that also be a reward?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
And what about when you destroy the wicked?  Wouldn't that also be a reward?

The wicked will destroy themselves. Again, no need for my direct intervention. It's all part of The PlanTM.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2013, 05:23:14 PM »
Oh yes, my bad.  I forgot it actually says "no flesh" would survive unless the days are cut short.  That's when Armageddon begins and cuts them short.  Certainly those that survive will be glad you intervened. 

Offline su27

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-1
  • "Militiant" atheist
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »
Sometimes, as everyone does. Nobody's perfect.

Wait, what? God is not perfect?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2013, 11:36:42 AM »
Oh yes, my bad.  I forgot it actually says "no flesh" would survive unless the days are cut short.  That's when Armageddon begins and cuts them short.  Certainly those that survive will be glad you intervened. 

No such thing as Armageddon. It's a lie spread by priests in an attempt to convert people by using their fears against them.

Wait, what? God is not perfect?

Not at all. But I'm pretty damn close. Closer than any other being in the multiverse.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
No such thing as Armageddon. It's a lie spread by priests in an attempt to convert people by using their fears against them.

So you would be willing to let mankind totally destroy itself?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 12:02:03 PM »
So you would be willing to let mankind totally destroy itself?

You won't.
We choose our own gods.

Offline Jstwebbrowsing

• Reader
  • Darwins +28/-109
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2013, 12:54:39 PM »
What makes you so sure?

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +286/-37
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2013, 12:56:39 PM »
What makes you so sure?

Omniscient. However, even if I wasn't, The PlanTM has been fulfilled for countless eons in an incomprehensibly large number of universes.
We choose our own gods.