Author Topic: College Frat raise over $15,000 for Transgender FTM Surgery of Friend  (Read 394 times)

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/fraternity-brothers-raising-money-help-pay-transgender-members-top-surgery260213

This is really good. I had some of my faith in humanity restored by reading this article. It's great that they support him so much.

I don't see what the social stigma is so much around 'transgendered rights' or Transphobia as hating on Transgendered people is known, of course it can make some people feel slightly uncomfortable, but the reality is that if somebody is so upset with their assigned gender that they will consider and sometimes commit suicide, then if there is something that can be done to help, it should happen.

These fratboys appear to understand that, and crowdsourced money to help pay for their brothers operation which was rejected through insurance.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +181/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
Re: College Frat raise over $15,000 for Transgender FTM Surgery of Friend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 09:43:54 AM »
Thank you for posting this EV, what a wonderful story!
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 01:11:03 PM »
That's awesome. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:58:06 PM »
What an uplifting story.  I'm usually not that much of a fan of frats, but this is clearly a supportive community.  And the video is really worth seeing.