Author Topic: A plague of locusts  (Read 316 times)

Offline shnozzola

A plague of locusts
« on: March 09, 2013, 09:03:25 AM »
Small thing, maybe, but once again a plague of locusts is swarming in Egypt and Israel three weeks before Passover.  For theists ( Christians, Jews, and Muslims in this case), I wonder whether you (1.) think that the locusts once again are swarming from the right natural conditions in the area, and moving north in search of food, or whether (2.)   this locust plague, indeed smaller, is not controlled by God, as the biblical plague was,  or whether overall (3.)  you view all the swarms and weather etc. as a "God as mother nature" type of thing that is a conscious act by God, or a fourth possibility, and the reasons for your views?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/07/world/middleeast/swarms-of-locusts-cross-into-israel-from-egypt.html?_r=0

On the up side, some considered the curse almost a blessing. The popular Channel 2 television news showed delighted Thai agricultural workers frying up locusts for a crunchy snack. The Israeli television crew munched on a few too, noting that locusts are considered kosher.  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:08:36 AM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
Re: A plague of locusts
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 10:04:38 AM »
Looks like god was providing food for the poor, starving people in Egypt and Israel.  IS HE NOT BENEVOLENT AND KIND?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: A plague of locusts
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 12:45:26 PM »
Oh shit. I'm a first born male.  Back under the bed I go. &)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!