Author Topic: monolight discusses homosexuality  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: monolight discusses homosexuality
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2013, 04:14:25 PM »
The single meanest thing that anyone has ever said to my daughter was this:

She had just turned 5, and was at a soccer daycamp.  She was with a group of other 5 year olds.  A big kid (maybe 8 ) came up to the little girls and said:

"Do you like Elmo?"

And my daughter said "Yes!  I like Elmo!"

And the big girl said "Then you are a baby.  Only babies like Elmo."

My poor sweet little girl, changed gears, and said "No, I don't like Elmo."

And she came home all upset.  She told me that she lied to the big girl, and she was sorry that she lied, and that she knows lying is wrong, but that she didn't want the big girl to think she was a baby because she wasn't a baby.  She cried and cried and told me that she did like Elmo, and that she didn't know why she lied, and that she wasn't a baby and was just left all confused.  We snuggled on the couch and watched Elmo together, and talked about bullying, and about people who are judgmental about other people, and we discussed strategies to deal with future events. 

Kids have made comments about adoption, about race, about single parent families, but most of those comments (so far) have been innocent statements or questions from kids who genuinely don't understand.  Sometimes my daughter comes home and tells me the things that other kids have said, (kids only get adopted when their real parents die, all kids have to have a father - President Obama made it a law, why doesn't your mommy look like you?) but none of these things have hurt her like the Elmo incident. 

The content of bullying doesn't matter.  We have a responsibility to teach our children not to be judgmental about other people.  Sadly, most religions teach their followers to look down on others who don't fit a specific set of criteria.  And that characteristic is one of the greatest dangers of religion. 

Offline Monolight

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +2/-1
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2013, 03:49:50 AM »
Kids teased me at school for being quiet, not loving sports, and preferring to read.  Should we be concerned about the effects having quiet, book-loving, non-sporty parents had on me?

If not, then why concern over having two same-sex parents, if teasing at school and "fitting in" as an adult are the ONLY factors for concern?
In the meantime I found an article from the point of view of a lawyer. It has interesting points about all concerns about same-sex parents that crossed my mind even remotely, and a few more. Including social stigma. http://www3.law.harvard.edu/journals/hjrej-articles/archive/vol21/schwartzreich.pdf

So, the answer to your question from a legal perspective, could be like this (the line I made in bold). It uses some rethoric I don't fully get, but maybe clear to you.

An additional perceived consequence of homosexual parenting is that
children of homosexuals will suffer from social stigma. While children
may in fact be taunted or suffer other adverse reactions from those who
disapprove of their parents’ sexual orientation, the argument that gays
should cease parenting does little to ameliorate the lives of children who
are bullied because of their family characteristics. The Supreme Court already
rejected this kind of argument in a custody dispute between two
biological parents where the biological mother had married a member of
a different race and the child suffered harassment. The Court stated:
“The Constitution cannot control these prejudices but neither can it tolerate
them. Private biases may be outside the reach of the law, but the law
cannot, directly or indirectly, give them effect . . . .” Social stigma arguments
should similarly fail in the case of homosexual parents since stigma
arguments give legal effect to social prejudices.
Society—as it is currently
constructed—supports and accepts such institutionalized stigmatization—
facilitating the eradication of deviancy by those who have the authority
to defne “deviancy” in the first place. Essentially, this argument
signifes that as long as one group has the authority to defne what is acceptable,
that group may require others to comport with the status quo.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +852/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
I thought the big kid was going to tease the little kid about Elmo being gay. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

And tell your sweet daughter that commie mommy Nogodsforme adores Elmo and she is waaaaay past baby age.  ;D
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline valiant venus

• Novice
  • Darwins +0/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:21 PM »
Dear Quesi,  I could relate to the upset your little girl suffered - I don't know one mom (or a lot of dads) who have not had to soothe a child's "dashed and bashed" heart.  What also made me sad was your assumption at the end of your post, "Sadly, most religions teach their followers to look down on others who don't fit a specific set of criteria.  And that characteristic is one of the greatest dangers of religion."

I apologize if a religious believer has made you or your child feel "less than".  We are taught to love our neighbors, but being imperfect people, we often get this wrong.  Adhering to Judeo-Christian beliefs and ethics often highlights our own sins and transgressions.  But we have faith in repentance, hope in salvation and joy in mercy.

Kindest regards,
VV

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:51 PM »
Here we go again.

People camping out in Washington DC to get courtroom access to the supremes arguments.  Interesting that Justice Robert's gay cousin will be in the courtroom.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/26/us/background-on-same-sex-marriage-case-at-supreme-court.html?_r=0
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:15:35 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2013, 06:42:25 PM »
Gonna be back to respond to anyone's comments this time, VV?
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
Interesting that Justice Robert's gay cousin will be in the courtroom.

Well, somebody has to give fashion advice and sing show tunes.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

Dear Quesi,  I could relate to the upset your little girl suffered - I don't know one mom (or a lot of dads) who have not had to soothe a child's "dashed and bashed" heart.  What also made me sad was your assumption at the end of your post, "Sadly, most religions teach their followers to look down on others who don't fit a specific set of criteria.  And that characteristic is one of the greatest dangers of religion."

I apologize if a religious believer has made you or your child feel "less than".  We are taught to love our neighbors, but being imperfect people, we often get this wrong.  Adhering to Judeo-Christian beliefs and ethics often highlights our own sins and transgressions.  But we have faith in repentance, hope in salvation and joy in mercy.

Kindest regards,
VV

Hi VV, and welcome to the forum! 

I certainly know many believers who are not judgmental, and who lead ethical lives, and who live with love and respect for a diverse set of people.  I've spent my adult life working with immigrants, refugees and displaced people, and have had the opportunity to work alongside many wonderful people from various religious backgrounds. 

But there are many many different kinds of Christians.  There are those who believe that "love thy neighbor as thyself" is the most important teaching of your religion.  There are others who are much more obsessed with other people's sex lives.  Or other people's religious practices.  There are those who believe that the god of Abraham rewards the pious with material wealth, and there are those who believe that material possessions are a corrupting force.   

So obviously, any generalization about Christians can be met with an abundant set of examples of people who do not fall into that category.  I apologize if my generalization about judgmental religious people was not accurate for you and your sect of Christians. 

But you certainly must admit that there is a growing trend in many Christian sects to not only judge, but attempt to legislate their version of morality.  Mobilization of folks fighting against marriage equality is one example.  But there are lots of other examples.  Adherents claim to be acting on behalf of TRUTH.  God's TRUTH.  They claim to know better than the rest of us.

I look forward to hearing more from you, and learning more about your beliefs. 

Again, welcome. 

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
I thought the big kid was going to tease the little kid about Elmo being gay. Whew. Dodged that bullet.

And tell your sweet daughter that commie mommy Nogodsforme adores Elmo and she is waaaaay past baby age.  ;D

I love Elmo too, and I made it clear to my daughter that I do.  Don't love Barney.  Don't even like Barney.  But Elmo is worthy of love and respect. 

Sadly, poor Elmo is in the midst of a scandal himself.  Not really sure what to make of the charismatic, (and downright adorable man) who does his voice.  The first accusations from a man who claimed to have been seduced by him as a teenager was a little unsettling, but rich famous gay people working in the children's entertainment industry are indeed vulnerable to accusations.  But then the second and the third young men came forward and well....I'm finding this actor a little less endearing.  Apparently we will be getting a new Elmo voice soon.

But we still love Elmo in our household.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2295819/Kevin-Clash-Elmo-puppeteer-accused-luring-minor-drug-fueled-parties.html

Offline Cutdogg

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-5
  • WWGHA Member
Re: What is a Christian?
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2013, 03:39:40 PM »
Good point, the only comment I would make on that though is Im not a Christian, but I still think homosexuality is wrong. Period! And I know people will say, "well you don't have to do it, why worry about those who do", well true I hope I never have to witness 2 men doing it in the ass. I'd probably be scarred for life at such a pathetic and grotesque act. But what about these innocent children that get adopted into this hell hole. What about the poor little girl who never has a mommy to teach her how to be a woman, or a daddy to be that father figure we all need. Or the boy who walks into his parents room one day and sees daddy fucking daddy in the ass. You tell me he's growing up a normal kid. I myself know what it's like to grow up without both parents full time because of a divorce. No my parents weren't gay thank you, but any home without a mommy and daddy is going to have consequences for those children that some of us still live with today as adults. Why can't people see the reason we see so many school shootings and depression, to name 2, is because of the fact kids aren't brought up in same type of family atmosphere they once were centuries ago. Look at statistics of kids brought up in a loving, daddy, mommy home and kids brought up in fatherless, or motherless homes and you'll see the proof. Our society has yet to produce many gay home facts yet since we won't know results for another generation. There's a few but not as many as there's going to be here now with all the new laws. But I bet that will prove to be a failure let on by our society as well. I say don't give em any rights to marry, it's bad enough there's no law saying its not ok to fuck another man in the ass!!!!

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: Re: What is a Christian?
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2013, 04:52:36 PM »
Wow Cutdogg.   Hate, fear and ignorance are a very dangerous combination.

I usually say that ignorance is curable, but you are pretty far gone.

We have another thread running in which the issue of gay adoption is addressed.  Perhaps you might spend some time there and learn a little bit. 

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,24500.0.html

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2013, 05:09:13 PM »
Hello, Cutdogg.  My use of green boldface font indicates that I am speaking as a moderator, not as a thread participant.

The post you just made about homosexuality and children is way over the top.  If you want to voice your opinions and objections to same-sex marriage, adoption rights, and the like, you are free to do so, but the type of language and phraseology you used in that post is not permitted here.

If you haven't already, I suggest you read the forum rules, which you can find here:

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,21732.0.html
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +558/-17
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »
I'm having a hard time figuring out why Cutdogg decided to post this diatribe against homosexuality in a thread talking about what a Christian is.  Having looked over the last several posts before his, I must say I see no reason for him to go off like this.

Aside from that, his argument is basically that he hates homosexuality, therefore it's wrong and should be banned.  Oh, and even though we have very little information on how children raised in homosexual households turn out, and even though he admits this, we shouldn't allow it because it'll scar children for life (because it would scar him for life to see homosexuals having sex).  In other words, it's just about him and his feelings, not the children he's oh-so-concerned about.

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +269/-31
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2013, 07:19:04 PM »
Isn't there already a thread up where his tirade would be at least topical?

Yes, yes there is...here.

EDIT:  Quesi beat me to it.
The highest moral human authority is copied by our Gandhi neurons through observation.

Offline carstensenscott

• Graduate
  • Darwins +29/-0
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 08:46:27 PM »
Cutdogg....

OBVIOUSLY not an atheist. At least by standards I have experienced and try to adhere to. (disclaimer-yes I have had negative inclined posts)

We should not hate anyone. Our actions should be to show the religious and ignorant what their christ would really want out of a "good" person sans the hokey pokey hocus pocus pie. I dont speak for others, just what an atheist acts/responds like usually. And being open minded enough to realize that evolution and similar attraction is a piece of the puzzle that just must happen.

If that is what a christian was....

Offline Astreja

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-3
  • Agnostic goddess with Clue-by-Four™
    • The Springy Goddess
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 09:29:27 PM »
What about the poor little girl who never has a mommy to teach her how to be a woman, or a daddy to be that father figure we all need.

Wow.  Just wow.  It's been a long time since I've read such a steaming pile of sexist, homophobic pig excrement.

My former girlfriend was more of a "father figure" than My daughter's other chromosome contributor.  She helped out with the renovations, brought home actual money from a for-real job, and in general was 10000% more invested in the welfare of My family than that abusive deadbeat Whatsisname.

And WTF was I, the female member of the previous, dead-in-the-water, heterosexual union supposed to "teach" My daughter, anyway?

• How to put on makeup?  Dear, sweet uncle Loki, why? The only makeup I wear on a remotely regular basis is under-eye dark circle concealer.  My last tube of lipstick expired from boredom in the dark recesses of a disused purse.  And the only time in My entire life that I had a full and proper makeup job (for a photo shoot, BTW) I got it from a professional makeup artist.
  • How to cook?  Kid could read at the age of 1½, FFS! She knows how to operate a cookbook.  At age 8 she was out-baking grownups at potlucks. At age 27 she's got a professional-quality mandoline, has bookmarked a few good foodie recipe sites, and is quite capable of preparing literally anything from artichoke/asiago dip to zabaglione.
  • How to dress?  She doesn't follow trends; she sets them.  Girls in the mall are dressing the way she did 5 years previously.  She studied clothing design and construction and won a design competition twice.  Meanwhile, I do My clothes shopping in the men's section, usually at a place that sells industrial-grade clothing (because the stuff in the women's section is overpriced, flimsy, only comes in ghastly colours like peach or lime, and doesn't fit Me properly anyway.)
Oh, and she has a boyfriend (so much for catching the ghey from MamaDyke, wot?) and she's self-employed.

So stuff it with the "Think of the children!" BS, because it simply isn't true.
Reality Checkroom — Not Responsible for Lost Articles

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +752/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 11:48:31 PM »
Astreja, if your daughter didn't already have a boyfriend and if my son wasn't gay, we could get them together and then we'd almost be related.   :)

+1 for explaining to him why his small world is full of error and of no value.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2013, 06:27:16 AM »
Our society has yet to produce many gay home facts yet since we won't know results for another generation. There's a few but not as many as there's going to be here now with all the new laws.

Right.  We don't have the information, so we can't make a judgement.  Makes sense.

.....I'd probably be scarred for life.....
.....these innocent children that get adopted into this hell hole.....
.....You tell me he's growing up a normal kid.....
.....any home without a mommy and daddy is going to have consequences.....
.....the reason we see so many school shootings and depression.....
.....I bet that will prove to be a failure.....
.....I say don't give em any rights to marry.....

....yet off you go with a load of unsubstantiated opinions, which you admit yourself are based on zero evidence.  Same as your argument with screwtape about love: you are quite happy to ignore the evidence because of what you feel has to be right.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline jynnan tonnix

• Reader
  • Darwins +87/-1
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »
It seems to me that there was a post or two eerily similar to Cutdogg's rant here some time ago...maybe a year or so. Complete with almost identical phrasing. 

I could be mistaken, of course (and never seem to have much luck using the search function). And certainly Cutdogg is not the only person in the world with such views. But I'm getting a strong sock-puppet vibe here.

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +85/-2
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2013, 07:22:52 AM »
Cutdogg....

OBVIOUSLY not an atheist.

Well, technically, he could very well be an atheist. Atheist bigots do exist. The only requirements to join the atheist club is "does not believe in any gods" ... and we don't know his position on the matter.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline DumpsterFire

• Graduate
  • Darwins +61/-0
  • The Flaming Duck of Death!
Re: What is a Christian?
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2013, 09:55:29 AM »
Why can't people see the reason we see so many school shootings and depression, to name 2, is because of the fact kids aren't brought up in same type of family atmosphere they once were centuries ago.

I'm pretty sure the reason there were no school shootings centuries ago is because there weren't guns everywhere back then, and the few that were around took a good deal of time and effort to load and fire.
Providing rednecks with sunblock since 1996.

I once met a man who claimed to be a genius, then boasted that he was a member of "Mesa".

Think for yourself.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
quesi & cutdogg
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
Ok.  I think I've calmed down enough to at least attempt to respond coherently. 

Or the boy who walks into his parents room one day and sees daddy fucking daddy in the ass. You tell me he's growing up a normal kid.

Over the millennia, many many children have accidently witnessed their parents engaging in coitus. 

I agree, it is not a great thing for a kid to see.  But do these kids grow up to be "normal?"[1]Well, normal is a relative term.  I think most of us agree that it is something we should try to avoid. 

Do you think that it would be significantly more damaging for a child to witness his or her heterosexual parents engaging in penal/anal penetration?  Is it the anal penetration that concerns you most?  Or is it the gender of the parents? 

Or is it the gender of the child?  I notice here you specify a "boy" walking in on his parents.  Is your primary concern that a boy is going to witness a male experiencing penetration?  Do you consider penetration so degrading that you think a boy will be permanently damaged if he imagines himself being penetrated?  What would your feelings be about a boy witnessing his heterosexual parents engaging in digital or other forms of penetration of the father?  Would this concern you equally damaging to the child?

I'm wondering if you have thought this through. 

But what about these innocent children that get adopted into this hell hole.

Now let's move on to the topic of adoption.  As an adoptive parent, this is a topic very close to my heart.  With the possible exception of stepparent adoption, or surrogacy, let's remember that all adoption starts with a tragedy or crisis in the life of a child.  His or her biological parents are unable or unwilling to parent, for whatever reason. Death, drugs, jail, abuse, economic marginalization, age, inability to cope effectively with a child's special needs, or perhaps just an undesired pregnancy. 

For the adoptive parent or parents, adoption is not an easy process.  It is not something someone does on a whim.  It is an intrusive process, that involves social workers inspecting your home, quizzing you on parenting style and philosophy and digging into your financial records, gobs of paperwork and legal procedures, and depending on the type of adoption, it might require psychological evaluations, parenting classes, extensive travel, expenses, and waiting.  Lots of waiting.

When somebody decides to adopt, it is because she/he/they really really really want to become parents.   Children who grow up in families in which they are wanted and loved and cherished tend to grow up happier and healthier than children who are raised in families in which the parent or parents are not invested in the child's welfare.

Which leads us into the topic of non-traditional families.

Look at statistics of kids brought up in a loving, daddy, mommy home and kids brought up in fatherless, or motherless homes and you'll see the proof. Our society has yet to produce many gay home facts yet since we won't know results for another generation. There's a few but not as many as there's going to be here now with all the new laws. But I bet that will prove to be a failure let on by our society as well.

Excellent point.  There is a wealth of data about the hardships faced by children who have grown up in single mom households.  But you need to take into account a range of other factors.  The data clearly demonstrates that the majority of children being raised by single (never married) moms are being raised by very young women who had not planned the child's conception.  The vast majority have low levels of education, and often the pregnancy resulted in their failure to continue their education.  There is a very close relationship between educational levels and lifetime income, and most of these families tend to be very low income.  The kids often grow up not getting enough attention, enough nutrition, and enough exposure to educational opportunities that will lead the child out of poverty. [2]

I'm a single mom, and I've studied these statistics.  I'm older, financially established, well-educated, and I was SO READY to be a mom.  Younger married couples who have kids my daughter's age still want to call a babysitter and go out to clubs or whatever.  I have left my daughter with a babysitter ONCE.  My weekends are hers, to enjoy zoos and museums and music festivals and birthday parties and playdates and parks.  At 6, she WANTS to take a Saturday class next month to prepare her for her first chess tournament.  She is well-traveled, can say a few phrases in a half a dozen languages, is thriving at one of the boro's best elementary schools, and has an active social life.  But most importantly, she know she is loved and cherished and that she is the center of my universe.  I've been very conscious to make sue she has strong male role models.  Heterosexual uncles and cousins.  But one of her favorite men in the whole wide world is the gay dad of one of her classmates. 

I'm guessing that decades from now, my sweet little girl will be a happy, highly educated, accomplished young woman, in spite of being raised by a single mom. 

I myself know what it's like to grow up without both parents full time because of a divorce. No my parents weren't gay thank you, but any home without a mommy and daddy is going to have consequences for those children that some of us still live with today as adults. Why can't people see the reason we see so many school shootings and depression, to name 2, is because of the fact kids aren't brought up in same type of family atmosphere they once were centuries ago.

Then there is divorce.  Divorce is often hard on children.  Children like security and continuity, and children often feel confusion and guilt about the changes in their family structures.  Divorce is also hard on the parents, who often feel stress and unhappiness, which effects their interactions with their children.  I am sorry that the divorce of your parents impacted your life so negatively. 

But sometimes divorce is the right thing to do.  For the children as well as the parents.  Look at Astreja's story.  It seems pretty clear that her accomplished young daughter grew up in a much healthier environment that she would have if her biological parents had stayed together. 

Why can't people see the reason we see so many school shootings and depression, to name 2, is because of the fact kids aren't brought up in same type of family atmosphere they once were centuries ago.

It would be great if you could take a moment and really think about what you really believe.  If I were a man, I might be able to see the appeal of the Ozzie and Harriet lifestyle.  Who wouldn't want an obedient wife, who cleans and cooks and takes on the primary parenting role?  A man who rules supreme over his household kingdom, who is free to slap his wife around if she gets out of line.  Of course, in those families, kids were abused emotionally and sometime sexually by their dads.  But no one ever talked about it, like they do today.  Dad could do what he wanted.

But as a woman, I have a little trouble feeling nostalgia for this era.

School shootings?  Really?  You think we have school shootings because dad's don't reign supreme in their families anymore?  Is that what you really believe? 

Or anal sex?  You think we have school shootings because of anal sex?   Really?  Think about it. 

I apologize for my angry post last night.  I really hope that you are not past the point of moving beyond your ignorance on this issue.  I think you just haven't really thought most of this through.

Give it some time and some thought.  Try and figure out what it is that you are really so angry about. 
 1. We should note that in many cultures, families sleep together in a single room, and kids witness their parents' relations with frequency. But in our culture, we tend to avoid it, and my cultural bias leads me to believe that this is a good thing to avoid exposing children to the sexual activities of their parents.
 2. Please note that there are MANY exceptions, and there are many amazing young single moms, and many healthy accomplished children who were raised by young single moms

Offline kindred

• Reader
  • Darwins +10/-5
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
Why hate homosexuals? Personally, I am disgusted by male homosexuality and strongly dislike effeminate males yet I tolerate them just as they do to me. They might just as easily feel the same way about me yet you don't here them complaining about me and my heterosexual bullshit.

We live in a free world here, where men and women can bump nasties with the sex of their choice. Just because you, personally don't like that some people bump their genitals a certain way or bump their genitals onto different than normal set of genitals doesn't mean they can't do so.
"Keep calm and carry on"

"I trust you are not in too much distress"

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Clearly Cutdogg doesn't understand that not all gay men engage in anal sex, that many straight people do engage in anal sex, AND that its none of his business.

ETA: Why do homophobes feel it necessary to add that they find gay sex acts disgusting? There are lots of so-called straight sex acts that I would never engage in, finding them personally repellant in whatever way. But that doesn't impact my feelings toward other straight people. And I don't bring it up at every opportunity when discussing marriage or dating. The focus on sex is beside the point. Completely. One's orientation is about love. About companionship. About so very many things. Sex is only one very small part of it, and may not be any part of it at all for a particular couple.

Get your mind out of the gutter, stop imagining what others are doing in the privacy of their own home, and seriously ask yourself why you're so fixated on other people's sex lives. Quite frankly, it makes YOU sound like a pervert. Obsession is not a pretty thing.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:59:11 AM by Traveler »
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Offline Tonus

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +28/-0
  • WWGHA Member
    • Stuff I draw
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2013, 12:00:58 PM »
I keep missing out on these spontaneous public gay sex orgies that everyone else is victimized by.  I really need to start hanging out with different people.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »
I keep missing out on these spontaneous public gay sex orgies that everyone else is victimized by.  I really need to start hanging out with different people.

IKR.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
Clearly Cutdogg doesn't understand that not all gay men engage in anal sex, that many straight people do engage in anal sex, AND that its none of his business.

Thank you, Traveler, for making the point much more succinctly than I did. 

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48:00 PM »
I think you make an interesting point Traveller. People seem to be soooooo fixated on gay sex and completely sidestep everything else. If "doing it up the bum" is what homophobes think when they think of gay people, well...there's a good chance what people often say is true, that many homophobes are in reality, homosexuals in denial. This is certainly true of Ted Haggard.

People who generally don't 'agree' with homosexuality usually keep it to themselves, I know folks who don't think a man should lie with another man, but are perfectly tolerant of homosexuals and don't stick their nose in things that aren't their business. All the do is just avoid engaging in homosexual behaviour. I mean, it's like many vegetarians, they don't believe it's right to eat meat, but won't be a complete arsehole because I like to have extra bacon on my burger.

At the end of the day, the "think of the children" argument is complete bullshit, because a lot of homosexual parents have managed to be capable parents. Have managed to raise their children to be happy and for those kids to not be screwed up in anyway or infecting them with 'the gay'. The only way I can see kids being disadvantaged by gay parents is through the prejudice some folks may show towards them, which to my mind is the real fucked up thing. And yet, homophobes say, "think about the children", yet will contribute to an environment where they're scorned, looked down upon, perhaps even pitied for being the child of a homosexual parents and not only that, but have parents people shame. If homophobes REALLY did care about the children, they'd want a world where said children and their parents won't face prejudice.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +128/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
ETA: Why do homophobes feel it necessary to add that they find gay sex acts disgusting?

One theory is that they want to engage in these acts but repeatedly describe them as disgusting to convince themselves not to act upon their own desires.

Another theory is that nobody gives a damn unless it sounds disgusting, so they keep portraying acts as disgusting to try to win an argument.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.