Author Topic: San Diego Christian College Fires Woman for Pre-Marital Sex.  (Read 544 times)

Offline BornAgainAtheist

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Spell Check
San Diego Christian College Fires Woman for Pre-Marital Sex.
« on: February 15, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
Her attorney should focus on whether any of the staff of the college has ever gotten angry with their co-workers or have ever had a lustful thought towards any of their co-workers.  If yes, they have committed murder and adultery and the charges should be promptly and immediately thrown out on the grounds of hypocrisy and ignoring the plank in their own eye.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279371/Christian-college-San-Diego-fires-employee-having-premarital-sex.html
My hair is a bird.  Your argument is invalid.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +369/-4
  • WWGHA Member
Re: San Diego Christian College Fires Woman for Pre-Marital Sex.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 04:54:24 PM »
Well, the link isn't working for me, but I'm wondering if there are any staff there who have failed to keep the Sabbath holy. 

Offline jaimehlers

• Fellow
  • Darwins +441/-11
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
I wonder how legal the "no premarital sex" requirement is.  However, that aside, I think she has a pretty good case that they are firing her because she's pregnant - as in, that's the 'proof' that she engaged in premarital sex.  If she had not become pregnant, it's doubtful they could really have found out about it.
Worldviews:  Everyone has one, everyone believes them to be an accurate view of the world, and everyone ends up at least partially wrong.  However, some worldviews are stronger and well-supported, while others are so bizarre that they make no sense to anyone else.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »
She could claim God did it.  He's been known to do this a time or 2 before. ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Azdgari

• Laureate
  • Darwins +250/-31
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 12:45:57 PM »
The comments there are something else.  Anything not completely supportive of the school gets down-voted like crazy.

It's probably one of those rules that nobody takes seriously because it's unenforceable...until someone gets knocked up.  I'm curious if it's legal.
Unless you are Scarlett Johansason or something.  lol  i'd like to punish her with  my baby.  lol

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +271/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 04:04:11 AM »
Personally, I don't think she has a leg to stand on. She admits that she signed their policy adhering to the rules and conduct of the school. And it seems her defense is: "They were uncompassionate to my situation." I am not a lawyer but, to me, that's a weak defense.

She broke a policy that she agreed to (with her signature), whether it's right or not is irrelevant. She agreed to it. And she had the understanding that if she broke any of the policy it could cost her her job.

-Nam

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:22:47 AM »
Same happens here in Germany. You work for a catholic hospital and you can loose your job when they find out that you got a divorce and are remarried. And that happens although 90% of the costs of all religious institutions are paid through taxes. We have to pay here (as a church member) church taxes. And even if you leave them and stop paying that tax, your money is still used to mantain all their hospitals, kindergardens, retirement homes etc.  A couple of weeks ago we had a big discussion here because of a young woman, who found herself on a park bench after visiting a disco and had supposably been raped. She went to hospital for help but she choose a catholic one and they denied her help. They didn´t want to examine her, take evidence for the rape or prescribe her something to prevent a pregnacy. All denied because it is a catholic hospital, paid with the money of everyone.
Catholics are having a bad time these days in Germany and I hope this goes on and on and on.....
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »
You mean a German Pope with Hitler Youth ties did not increase church membeship in Germany?
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +406/-13
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 02:46:03 PM »
That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety
Pity she isn't a man...
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shandi

• Freshman
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:25 PM »
You mean a German Pope with Hitler Youth ties did not increase church membeship in Germany?
Why should it? This is 2013. Read some foreign newspapers.
If 50 million people say a foolish thing it´s still a foolish thing (Bertrand Russel)

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +406/-13
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »
Not to your usual standard : (
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +271/-76
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 01:01:27 PM »
Sarcasm escapes most people.

-Nam