Author Topic: craters on the moon  (Read 745 times)

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
craters on the moon
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
If earth is 6000 years old and man (except maybe Bill O'Rielly) started to understand the moon and stars about 800 years ago can any theist explain the impact craters on the moon?

If we have been observing the moon for the last 800 or so years meteor impacts should be recorded somewhere by someone,or the real explanation the earth and moon have been around for millions of years.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Re: craters on the moon
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
If earth is 6000 years old and man (except maybe Bill O'Rielly) started to understand the moon and stars about 800 years ago can any theist explain the impact craters on the moon?

If we have been observing the moon for the last 800 or so years meteor impacts should be recorded somewhere by someone,or the real explanation the earth and moon have been around for millions of years.
A very fair point. Many of the craters on the moon are pretty big, and the whole thing is pockmarked with impact signatures. Given the considerably less level of light pollution that existed prior to the industrial revolution, the impacts would have been severe enough that the light produced would likely be visible by the naked eye from earth. I don't know for certain if this would be the case, but it seems very plausible. Some of the largest craters are 220 miles in diameter, which is nearly twice the size of the Chicxulub crater. It would be pretty hard to not notice this event happening or the subsequent effects it would have on the appearance of the moon. If this had happened, someone important at some point would have noticed and been like "Holy shit! God just tried to blow up the moon!" but we never hear anything about major lunar impacts in recent astronomical history. Many of the moons craters are billions of years old.

I would be interested to see a young earth creationist trying to defend lunar craters. It will be a tragic event. It will probably just come down to "Well of course the moon has craters because God did it!".
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »

I don't know but I know what Bill O'Riley's answer would be.  "The tide goes in, the tide goes out". ;)
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +523/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:11:29 PM »
can any theist explain the impact craters on the moon?
God made them like that so that, 6,000 years later, you, and only you, could ask that very question. You are blessed amongst monkeys - the entire history of the Created Universe has been waiting for this moment.

I will now go and wait for the End of Days.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 07:16:26 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:37:58 PM »
can any theist explain the impact craters on the moon?
God made them like that so that, 6,000 years later, you, and only you, could ask that very question. You are blessed amongst moneys - the entire history of the Created Universe has been waiting for this moment.

I will now go and wait for the End of Days.
Thank you as will I now too,wait for end of days.
There's no right there's no wrong,there's just popular opinion (Brad Pitt as Jeffery Goines in 12 monkeys)

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:43 PM »
As Samuel L. Jackson said in Jurassic Park "Hold on to ya butts."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wcxr6KTWIas#t=225s

For those who can't watch the video, Noah's flood created the craters on the moon.
http://thisorthat.com/blog/seven-jaw-dropping-creationist-claims

Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline 12 Monkeys

• Fellow
  • Darwins +104/-11
  • Dii hau dang ijii
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
As Samuel L. Jackson said in Jurassic Park "Hold on to ya butts."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wcxr6KTWIas#t=225s

For those who can't watch the video, Noah's flood created the craters on the moon.
http://thisorthat.com/blog/seven-jaw-dropping-creationist-claims
all you can say is holy fuck,some people are stupid.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 10:39:59 PM »
That must have been a hell of a flood to make craters on the moon.  My Thor, how are we suppose to get people to stop and think logically when they can buy into this kind of shit?

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
The Moon was the first Earth. The Earth that was before the Flood. When the Flood happened, Noah's Ark turned into a spaceship and travelled to the second Earth. Where we live now. This second Earth is demonic. The Garden of Eden can not be found here. It is on the Moon; the great Heaven above us where man has never truly been. Yes, man has travelled to the Moon in conspiratorial visages of great showmanship. A blot on the True Eye of the Lord, Jesus Christ. The first, and only true Moonman.

All hail the Moonman, Jesus Christ.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +748/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:05:05 PM »
They don't need no stinkin' explanations. What is is, and if god didn't bring it up, nobody else has to either.

So there!

Stuff like this makes me doubly glad I'm not them. Ignoring reality because that way maybe I can live forever? That is hardly a fair trade.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 11:43:49 PM »
My old Christian beliefs was that only humans have been around for 6,000 years and before then, Lucifer and a group of angels turned against God and they fought against him and the angels that stayed with God and that caused the craters on the moon, the craters and everything else messed up on everything else in the universe and the extinction of the dinosaurs. After God and the good angels won the fight, Lucifer and the bad angels became Satan and the demons (which sounds like a corny 80s band name) and God created humans as something to develop good character before getting supernatural abilities so he can trust us so we hopefully won't fuck things up again. He puts us through tests thus the Tree of Life thing and he exposes us to Satan's bad influences as tests to resist as well in this process of developing good character

Not even joking.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 08:53:44 AM »
Wow, have you ever thought about being a fictional or sci fi writer?

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
Actually yes, but my writing is terrible. I'm kinda cringing at that post I did above actually lol.

But I didn't come up with any of that, it was part of what the church that I used to go to believed in. I thought it was very interesting and unique and I still admire its uniqueness today without it being a total whackjob cult or something. But real evidence for it is just as far-fetched as anything else really.