Author Topic: Miss tornadoes  (Read 462 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
Miss tornadoes
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »
Miss got hit pretty hard with tornadoes last night.  Old Miss campus got it pretty good also.  I kept thinking about the Miss senator or congressman who voted against NY/NJ getting aid for Hurricane Sandy.  Wonder how long it will be before Miss is asking the fed gov for help.  I'm sure they will want to take care of this themselves...right?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:53:15 PM by jetson »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +709/-28
  • Karma mooch
Re: Miss tornodoes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:57 AM »
I thought the thread title implied some kind of beauty pageant.  Miss Hurricane and Miss Earthquake are two other pageants in the triple crown of beauty pageants.  The winner of all three would be Miss Natural Disaster.  We've not had one since 1974.
Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline rev45

• Reader
  • Darwins +37/-2
  • Did your parents raise you to be an idiot?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:21:27 AM »
According to wiki, Mississippi is the poorest state in the US but also has the lowest cost of living.  If there is government assistance the total amount may not be as high compared to a more well off area.  I've been to Mississippi once, the people I talked to were nice folks.  I hope that their state officials won't block any help that they might need.
Here read a book.  It's free.
http://www.literatureproject.com/

Could a being create the fifty billion galaxies, each with two hundred billion stars, then rejoice in the smell of burning goat flesh?   Ron Patterson

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +192/-8
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »
Yeah, poor state. For every $1 they send the gov...the gov puts over $2 back towards Miss.
I head the total cost of damage in Miss could reach $10 to 15 bucks.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Tero

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +18/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:01:22 PM »
Drove thru on way to New Orleans. Saw armadillos and I think an anhinga.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 03:50:21 PM »
I think Miss. is where they voted to cut all the "welfare programs" and freaked out when the Meals on Wheels stopped delivering to grandma. Because welfare is what happens to other [colored] people.

The governor may well refuse federal aid, like some are refusing the Medicaid expansion money to pay for health care for low income folks. Sad, ignorant place.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
Miss got hit pretty hard with tornadoes last night.  Old Miss campus got it pretty good also. ..

Actually it was Southern Mississippi University that got hit. It's in Hattiesburg. Ol' Miss is in Oxford, Mississippi.
I am a USM alumni. The two campus buildings that got destroyed were an absolutely beautiful "Victorian style" building that in my time held the student records and some offices, and a music hall that held pianos.

We affectionately refer to Southern Miss as the "University of S & M."

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:31:30 PM by Brakeman »
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »
That footage of the tornado was scary. Why did it seem like so many cars were driving right into the storm? :?

I experienced a few tornadoes growing up in the Midwest-- that creepy stillness in the air before it hits, then the noise and shaking like a train going through your house, and the eerie silence afterwards. The random way the funnel would dance through the neighbohood, ripping off a roof here, tossing over a car there, uprooting huge trees, leveling an city entire block-- and then leaving the next block completely untouched.

No wonder people thought it was the wrath of god. :o

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +354/-85
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Miss tornadoes
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »
According to wiki, Mississippi is the poorest state in the US but also has the lowest cost of living.  If there is government assistance the total amount may not be as high compared to a more well off area.  I've been to Mississippi once, the people I talked to were nice folks.  I hope that their state officials won't block any help that they might need.

All Southerners are nice folk they're raised that way. It's just the only respectful way to be especially when berating, putting down, belittling, being homophobic toward, racist toward, etc., is to be quite cordial about it.

;)

I think Miss. is where they voted to cut all the "welfare programs" and freaked out when the Meals on Wheels stopped delivering to grandma. Because welfare is what happens to other [colored] people.

The governor may well refuse federal aid, like some are refusing the Medicaid expansion money to pay for health care for low income folks. Sad, ignorant place.

We should send Maggie there. She'd feel right at home.

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +941/-6
Re: Miss tornadoes
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 05:13:47 PM »
^^^How do we know she is not already there? Maybe that's why she is so pissed off all the time. I would be pissed off, too, if I had to live in the south. :)