Author Topic: Be ye all Incredibly Jealous.  (Read 231 times)

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
Be ye all Incredibly Jealous.
« on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:46 AM »

Praise the Laaawwd.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +503/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
Re: Be ye all Incredibly Jealous.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Photoshopped...
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +722/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:46:41 AM »
EV, do you have a plain text version of whatever you posted. My Internet is too slow to handle graphics  ;)

I'm envious of anyone who can watch even 720p movies on YouTube. Sometimes I have to crank them down to 240. All I get to watch is static. I live outside a small town in Montana, USA, and am at the very end of what is already a slow DSL line. I tried running SPEEDTEST and they just laughed!

Not really. They cried. My download speed? 1.33 MB/s. Upload? .71Mb/s.

It sucks to be me. I actually I've had to leave the state to post some of my longer diatribes here on WWGHA.  ;D
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:15:31 AM »
Photoshopped...
Its off the actual website. This stuff is real. Check the URL, it's from Speedtest.com: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2500925552.png

I'm at a school that gets a 5Gb/s Connection, in the mornings less people use it so I get more of the bandwidth. Hence the blazing speed!

EV, do you have a plain text version of whatever you posted. My Internet is too slow to handle graphics  ;)

88.30Mb/s Download, 59.97MB/s Upload, and a 6ms ping.

I'm envious of anyone who can watch even 720p movies on YouTube. Sometimes I have to crank them down to 240. I tried running SPEEDTEST and they just laughed!

I used to have that problem at my house.

With TalkTalk, we were promised 5-7Mb/s but only ever got about 2. My father called up the company and told them that since they were only giving us half the speeds, we were only paying half the price. After much arguing they consented and we got a 50% discount on our broadband price.

Recently we grew dissatisfied with our rubbish speed, as we now have a SmartTV that can stream LoveFilm. Only one person could use the internet simultaneously so we needed a quicker speed.

We bullied our service provider into giving us fibre optic for only an extra £5/month. Even with that, we still aren't paying as much before we got the 50% discount! Our home internet speed is now up to about 24Mb/s. Which is a 12x improvement...

Not really. They cried. My download speed? 1.33 MB/s. Upload? .71Mb/s.

Ahh... I feel for you my friend, that is really quite poor. Presumably there is nothing they can do to make it faster? (like fibre optic as compensation for crap service)

It sucks to be me. I actually I've had to leave the state to post some of my longer diatribes here on WWGHA.  ;D

Well, at least you're dedicated... ;)
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:22:31 AM »
ParkingPlaces, maybe you need this: https://fiber.google.com/about/

Google Fibre apparently give free 5MB connections, and if you pay $70/month you get a 1,000Mb/s connection. That's not too bad ;)