Author Topic: Lent  (Read 1551 times)

Offline BornAgainAtheist

• Freshman
  • Darwins +1/-0
  • Spell Check
Re: Lent
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 04:00:52 PM »
I hope to give up sharting.  Forever.  Period.
My hair is a bird.  Your argument is invalid.

Offline Noman Peopled

• Reader
  • Darwins +24/-1
  • [insert wittycism]
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 05:38:47 AM »
Lent is the time of year when someone, somewhere, mentions lent in passing, and I go "oh yeah, lent is a thing".
"Deferinate" itself appears to be a new word... though I'm perfectly carmotic with it.
-xphobe

Offline Bereft_of_Faith

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +39/-2
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »
I am giving up posting useless posts with no content, as well as pathetic attempts at humor.  :|

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
I'm giving up giving up.
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +472/-17
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:05 PM »
I've given up Lent
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2013, 08:14:04 AM »
I hope to give up sharting.  Forever.  Period.

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline natlegend

• Reader
  • Darwins +63/-0
  • I shall smite thee, in HIS honor
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2013, 04:51:58 AM »
Ah sharting... also known as the 'number three', particular with babies. I had to clean my little sister's shart and it had reached the back of her head. I get councelling about it every now and then...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sharting[1]

Anyone know of the origins?
 1. And god made us in his perfect image - do you think god wipes his own arse when he sharts, or gets a host of angels to do it. Or better still, it magically disappears! A miricle!!
"When we landed on the moon, that was the point where God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures, put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, you fucking turn up and say well done." - Eddie Izzard

You keep using that word. I do not think it means

Offline Mrjason

• Reader
  • Darwins +82/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2013, 05:19:15 AM »
Ah sharting... also known as the 'number three', particular with babies. I had to clean my little sister's shart and it had reached the back of her head. I get councelling about it every now and then...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sharting[1]

Anyone know of the origins?
 1. And god made us in his perfect image - do you think god wipes his own arse when he sharts, or gets a host of angels to do it. Or better still, it magically disappears! A miricle!!

I think it originates from various uni's around the english speaking world. If you're not used to drinking beer the liquid poo that comes after a particularly successful bout can be a surprise.
The unwitting 1st year can mistake needing a runny poo for a fart and litterally shart (shit-fart) themselves. The contraction from shit-fart to shart is a natural evolution of language.

RE you question about god's sharts;
god will obviously do what is known as "angel poo" and will therefore never need to wipe.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=angel+poo