Author Topic: Website: Stuff That Looks Like Jesus  (Read 491 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
« on: February 05, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
With a few images of Mary thrown in for good measure.

http://stuffthatlookslikejesus.com/
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +690/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Website: Stuff That Looks Like Jesus
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:12 AM »
Well, on the bright side, apparently it doesn't happen any more because the Web site hasn't been updated for almost a year. Cute stuff though.

But I have to admit, it is a miracle that we actually know exactly what jesus looked like, and that we know he was white. The latter being extraordinarily important. Otherwise his religion wouldn't have any traction in this country.

Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 01:00:22 PM »
Prob a good thing He was white.  Can you imagine the religion they would come up with if they had to toss Jesus to the side?  At least they think about being good a couple times a year this way.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Bluecolour

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
the Rock of my salvation

Online nogodsforme

• Professor
  • Darwins +785/-4
  • Jehovah's Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 06:13:03 PM »
Can I ask you, Bluecolor, do you think that Jesus really looked like any of those paintings? Was he a pale white guy with a scraggly beard?

When I was a Christian kid, all the people in the bible were depicted as if they came from Northern or Western Europe. The only diversity you got was with the Three Kings, where sometimes one looked Asian and one looked African. There were Abyssinians, Ethiopians, Nubians and Egyptians, but they never looked the way those people really look. Even Abraham, who was from Iraq, looked like a skinny Santa Claus in a bathrobe, ie.  a German-ish guy with a big beard. In reality, he probably looked more like Sadaam Hussein. 

I think that many Christians in the US are prejudiced against the Middle East and have to reconcile with the fact that their most revered icons are from there. Do you think that Christians would think differently about the bible and their faith if the images were more accurate, like having the people look Middle Eastern, since they were, well, Middle Eastern? I am serious.
Extraordinary claims of the bible don't even have ordinary evidence.

Kids aren't paying attention most of the time in science classes so it seems silly to get worked up over ID being taught in schools.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »
They say Jesus' 1st miracle was turning water into wine.  I don' think so.  I think His 1st mriacle was to turn Himself and those around Him white.  That is why we have the pics we do today of the "true" Jesus.  If you think about it...it really makes sense.  You could not have Jesus coming back for the 2nd coming riding a white horse if He were not white.  It is just common sense.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!