Author Topic: Quadruple amputee gets 2 new arms  (Read 300 times)

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Quadruple amputee gets 2 new arms
« on: January 30, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
A severely injured vet has received a double arm transplant. In other words, yet another amputee ignored by God and healed by science. A little God magic should easily have restored all four of this man's missing limbs. Well, science has restored two of them, maybe God will regenerate his legs, just to show that he is as great as science? Yeah right, not gonna happen.

It's honestly shameful that, given the level of medical advancements present in our culture, people still actually believe that a magic man in the clouds is a perfectly acceptable health care plan. Of course, most people who believe this have health insurance and go to the hospital anyways. In other words, they behave exactly as we would in regards to medical problems. Their expectations that God will take care of them are just as non-existent as ours, yet they lie to themselves by saying that they actually think God makes a difference for his faithful followers. At least the atheist does not have to constantly fight cognitive dissonance to maintain a cohesive worldview.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: Quadruple amputee gets 2 new arms
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »
I saw this story a day or 2 back.  On the comment part of the story many many were saying thank God, etc.  Not surprised.

Also, I bet this is possible in part due to stem cell research which many in this country still think is evil.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!