Author Topic: Weird signs  (Read 664 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Weird signs
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
It was 72 degrees here today in Missouri.  That is what it should be like in May.  I also saw a flock of robins...also very strange for Jan. in Missouri.  Geese are also migrating north from here...also very early.  I had some land drilled on Friday last week.  Moisture was there 2 feet deep but it was powder after that.  Extremely dry.  We are 18 inches behind normal for moisture for the past 13 months.  Not good for farmers or ethonol production so fuel prices along with food prices could be affected down the road.

Saw a report today where they are prying in Texas again because a lot of people are losing their jobs because meat packing plants are closing due to a lack of cattle due to the high cost of feeding them in draught conditions.

They may not believe in climate change but this stuff happening is some weird stuff.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
Re: Weird signs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:23 PM »

Yep. Got an email from my brother today. My niece and her husband just moved to Columbia MO, and my brother is there helping. He said it was cold last week, hot today. We're sort of normal here in MT. A little behind on moisture but we usually get lots in the spring and make up for dry winters. But the weather has changed a lot in the last 20 years. We seldom get below zero in the winter now, when it was quite common in the 80's. The change is so fast it is scary. Which I guess it should be.

On the bright side, bugs that used to not be able to survive in this climate now can because it is warmer. So they are killing off a lot of trees. Which means there is a lot more cheap firewood available. So people burn a lot more of it and cause the climate to change even more. Don't you just love negative feedback?

How will this end? I dunno. They had a case of malaria in Alaska last year. We may all be taking tropical vacations soon, because there won't be any other kind.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 07:43:47 PM »
Columbia, Mo is a nice little town.  Just big enough and a college town.

I forgot to mention the squirrels also.  They are running around showing their fluffy behinds.
 Can't remember what that means but it can't be good.

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 07:55:16 PM »
Columbia, Mo is a nice little town.  Just big enough and a college town.

I forgot to mention the squirrels also.  They are running around showing their fluffy behinds.
 Can't remember what that means but it can't be good.

Its only good if you like it too much. If you have to ask, you're okay.

My brother defined the heat today as "humid". I'm guessing he doesn't know what humid is. (He's from Oregon, where it is never humid when hot)
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 08:20:01 PM »
Ha, just wait until late July and Aug.  He may be begging to come live in your basement.

Everything you are wearing is wet and your undies are stuck to your butt crack.  That's Missouri.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:24:00 PM by Nick »

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:58 PM »
Ha, just wait until late July and Aug.  He may be begging to come live in your basement.

Everything you are wearing is wet and your undies are stuck to your butt crack.  That's Missouri.

I've lived in Southern Indiana and done a lot of construction work in Texas and various SE states. And I was stationed in Mississippi for almost a year while in the military. So I know what you're talking about. I think I will leave my bro naïve about such things though. He may stay awhile and help with a pending newborn and I don't want to give him new things to worry about as he helps his daughter and her hubby.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:44:44 PM by ParkingPlaces »

Offline void of gods crutch

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • if u don't like gay marriage,don't get gay married
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 12:22:01 AM »
who needs humid when you live close to a rainforest?? we get wet from the ground up around here lol i've got family in missouri, texas, florida, nebraska, new mexico, new york and boston..and the weather's changing for them all. have you noticed the chem trails in the sky more and more now?? i see them constantly spraying..and i know my asthma's been kicked into overdrive, not sure if it's the spray, or the season, or extra fires people are making..i see change, and it's not great.

agreed with nick on a fluffy-butt squirrels gettin frisky cause they think it's spring and they wanna make babies...bad news bears.

forgot to add the family in cali, oregon,& washington! doh!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:23:40 AM by void of gods crutch »
5/4 ths of all people have a problem with fractions

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 01:11:31 AM »
have you noticed the chem trails in the sky more and more now?? i see them constantly spraying..and i know my asthma's been kicked into overdrive, not sure if it's the spray, or the season, or extra fires people are making..i see change, and it's not great. !

Sarcasm can be a tricky thing to judge on the internet, so void, I gotta ask: do you really believe that jet contrails are caused by governments spraying chemicals on their citizens?
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 02:18:26 AM »
have you noticed the chem trails in the sky more and more now?? i see them constantly spraying..and i know my asthma's been kicked into overdrive, not sure if it's the spray, or the season, or extra fires people are making..i see change, and it's not great. !

Sarcasm can be a tricky thing to judge on the internet, so void, I gotta ask: do you really believe that jet contrails are caused by governments spraying chemicals on their citizens?

hmm...do i believe our government is geoengineering our weather to combat global warming, yes, i would not put it past our government to do shady things against it's own people so we wont or can't stand in their way. i see the spray, and understand quite well the difference between contrails and chemtrails, how they should but don't disapear for hours. our skys are criss crossed every single day...why? what's coming out of those planes that hangs in our atmosphere for HOURS, it's not just water vapor, i can tell you that. i don't know what it is. i do know it shouldn't be there though. and i wouldn't put it past our government for a second to do something like this, then slowly admit what it is exactly they're doing. they gotta look like they're trying to fix the problem, even if what they're doing isn't fixing it, but possibly making other conditions worse by doing it. and if you think that they'd be up front about spraying stuff into the air that people, animals,water and soil *our food* takes in, then you're living in an awesome altered state of reality. our government is as shady as they come.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +76/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 02:31:21 AM »
I'll start a separate thread about "chemtrails" in Chatter, void. If you're interested in pursuing that discussion, see you there.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 02:53:18 AM »
I'll start a separate thread about "chemtrails" in Chatter, void. If you're interested in pursuing that discussion, see you there.
i am interested...but i'm also tired..lol so you start without me, and i'll get back to ya tomorrow night :D

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +654/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
Moisture was there 2 feet deep but it was powder after that.  Extremely dry.  We are 18 inches behind normal for moisture for the past 13 months.

If I recall, the models for global warming predict the midwest - the bread basket of the world - will be a desert by the end of the century.  It is funny when repubs say "even if global warming is real, trying to stop it will destroy the economy".  If you think solar panels and high efficiency bulbs are expensive, just wait.

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/The-312/December-2012/Global-Warming-and-Drought-in-the-Midwest-Expect-More-of-the-Same/

Texas and California will be even hotter and dryer.

it's not just water vapor, i can tell you that.

You are full of beans.  I look forward to you explaining how you can tell me that in the other thread.

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.