Author Topic: "Show Me" State  (Read 668 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
"Show Me" State
« on: January 26, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »
The Rev. Stan Archie heads the Christian Fellowship Baptist Church in Kansas City, Mo.  He was appointed to the Missouri State Board of Education in 2006 and is now president of the board.  He is one of the ones who was pushing last year for Missouri students to have the right to pass on parts of science class/tests that conflict with their religious views...you know "God did it" answer for things.

Well the good Rev has had to resign from the State board.  Seems he is facing 2 different lawsuits for engaging in sexual misconduct with a teenager.  He is not admitting guilt...only resigning for the good of the board.

I guess he is accused of making lewd comments about his sexual prowess to a girl he was counseling since age 15...she is 23 now.  He is also accused of encouraging the girl to act promiscuously and report her experiences to him by skype so he could masterbate to it  There is a lot more but you get the idea.

Not sure if he has asked his church membership for forgiveness yet...maybe that comes later when he is found guilty.

Scum bags and con men all of them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:57:46 PM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: "Show Me" State
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:37:46 PM »
I wonder if this has happened to an atheist before?

;)

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
It may or may not have but atheists don't go around holding up moral standards to live by and trying to make others follow said moral path.  Its the hypocritic part of this story that burns my buns.

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 04:33:46 PM »
It may or may not have but atheists don't go around holding up moral standards to live by and trying to make others follow said moral path.  Its the hypocritic part of this story that burns my buns.

Same here. This guy claimed to answer to a higher-than-human moral authority, yet (if the accusations are true) acted no differently than any other sexual predator. This does not inspire confidence in his personal SPAG, let  alone believers in general.

BTW Nick, why do you so seldom provide links in your posts? http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/359037/3/Mo-education-board-head-facing-2-lawsuits-resigns-
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
Stop picking on Nick. He does what he does.

:P

-Nam
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Online wright

• Reader
  • Darwins +79/-1
  • "Sleep like a log, snore like a chainsaw."
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 05:31:21 PM »
Not picking, just curious.
Live a good life... If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.
--Marcus Aurelius

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 05:31:58 PM »

Same here. This guy claimed to answer to a higher-than-human moral authority, yet (if the accusations are true) acted no differently than any other sexual predator. This does not inspire confidence in his personal SPAG, let  alone believers in general.

BTW Nick, why do you so seldom provide links in your posts? http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/359037/3/Mo-education-board-head-facing-2-lawsuits-resigns-
I got this one out of my morning paper.  Hard to do that with print.

Offline Quesi

• Reader
  • Darwins +371/-4
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
I wonder if this has happened to an atheist before?

;)

-Nam

I don't like grown men coming on to 15 year olds, whether they are religious or not. 

But I really have a different set of standards of self-righteous types who spend their lives telling other folks that their lives are immoral. 

A story comes to mind.  When I was on a college road trip with a couple of other college girls and one guy, we stopped at a highway rest stop.  The guy came back all giddy and announced that he had just gotten a blow job in the bathroom.  I was scandalized.  Delighted.  Horrified. Disgusted.  Fascinated.  I wanted to know every detail.  I had no idea that men just did things like that.  I knew he was gay, but blow jobs from strangers in highway bathrooms?   To my 19 or 20 year old self, that was just fascinating.   But at the end of the day, he was just the same guy from Boston who studied solar panel construction, liked to drink light beer, and looked great on the dance floor.

Then I think about another highway bathroom blowjob, many years later.  This one was received by a right wing, homophobic republican politician.  That bathroom blowjob delighted and horrified me for very different reasons. [1]It horrified me because I thought of this man, who so hated himself, that he put so much time and energy into persecuting people like himself.  But it delighted me because it is fun to see hypocrites exposed as hypocrites.

The story about the good reverend and his exploits holds the same appeal.   
 1. It disgusted me for the same reason.  Strangers in dirty public bathrooms?  Ewwwww.

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 07:24:27 PM »
It was a joke people thus the wink. Men or women can be scum no matter who they are or what they believe.

-Nam

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »
His god must not have wanted him on that State Board of Education because he purposely led him into temptation and the MF obliged.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.