Author Topic: how come theres no Miller's Beer?  (Read 701 times)

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
how come theres no Miller's Beer?
« on: January 24, 2013, 08:10:21 PM »
we have:

Miller Lite
Miller High Life
Miller High Life Lite
Miller Genuine Draft
Miller Genuine Draft 64 (used to be Lite)

but theres no plain ol Millers... why?

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +183/-8
Re: how come theres no Miller's Beer?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:45 PM »
Miller moves in mysterious ways.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +186/-7
  • Official WWGHA Harpy, Ex-rosary squad
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:37 PM »
....Ok, time to show my age.

As I read your post, I swear I could hear a jingle (that I'm assuming I remember from childhood) for "Miller Beer". Just a faint remnant, but I can hear it. Thing is, I'm not sure that it's a real memory, or if I mixed up a couple of things and merged them into a single jingle that never really existed.

Great, now I have to either be responsible and do homework, or go looking for verification one way or the other.....
My tolerance for BS is limited, and I use up most of it IRL.

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +186/-7
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 09:33:15 PM »
^^^ Ignore me, I'm apparently completely wrong, at least about the time line.

According to Wikipedia: Miller: A short-lived recipe from 1996 to 1998, sold in a predominantly red can (hence, aka "Miller Red").

I have no idea what I think I'm remembering - Thank FSM for the internet!

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +313/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:27 AM »
Beers that taste like piss[1]:

Miller's [whatever]
Budweiser
Coors[2]
Guiness[3]

There's this Walgreen's beer that tastes like shit but I forget it's name[4]

Only good beer:

Heinekin
Tequiza
Corona Extra

-Nam
 1. yes, sadly I know what piss tastes like, don't ask.
 2. is that with an apostrophe?
 3. don't hurt me--and if I misspelled that, I don't care
 4. don't ask.
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 04:07:50 AM »
I am quite partial to Peroni. I can cope with Budweiser, but to me, Fosters tastes pretty dire. I don't think I've ever had Miller's.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:35 AM »
Beers that taste like piss[1]:

Miller's [whatever]
Budweiser
Coors[2]
Guiness[3]

There's this Walgreen's beer that tastes like shit but I forget it's name[4]

Only good beer:

Heinekin
Tequiza
Corona Extra

-Nam
 1. yes, sadly I know what piss tastes like, don't ask.
 2. is that with an apostrophe?
 3. don't hurt me--and if I misspelled that, I don't care
 4. don't ask.
I ca agree with this somewhat... I think there are other good beers out there though. I do tend to drink a Coors light when Im eating wings for some reason. I think because its lack of taste doesn't take away from the wings.

But I love Killians, Sam Adams, Corona, Heine, various Leine's and some different microbrews that I can get my hands on.

Funny story about Fosters. One of my college room mates was on the basketball team and they took a trip t Australia to play some teams. While in the bar he says he ordered a Fosters since it was "Australian for beer" and was nearly laughed out of the bar.

Offline Traveler

• Reader
  • Darwins +142/-2
  • no god required
    • I am a Forum Guide
    • Gryffin Designs
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:59:33 PM »
The only good beers I've ever had were home brews. A very dark and heavy stout by a friend, and a wheat beer by another friend. That's why I don't bother drinking beer.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +313/-84
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:35 PM »
While in the bar he says he ordered a Fosters since it was "Australian for beer" and was nearly laughed out of the bar.

I heard a similar thing by a friend who went to Canberra to visit an Uncle that lived there. He went in and asked for Foster's and they just stared at him like he was stupid. At least that's what he told me.

I guess they don't have Foster's in Australia. Maybe they have in New Zealand? ;)

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +313/-84
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 10:47:17 PM »
The only good beers I've ever had were home brews. A very dark and heavy stout by a friend, and a wheat beer by another friend. That's why I don't bother drinking beer.

I have never cared for Budweiser since 1996, I was invited to a party but I didn't get off 'til 2am, and I told the guy that I didn't know if I would be able to find his house in the pitch black night since he lived in the middle of nowhere. But I drove over there when I got off work from the directions he gave me (I had only been there one other time during the day) and I passed by it twice 'til finally getting there. They thought. I was a cop ('cause I kept passing by) and they were trying to hide the booze and drugs, and get a passed out friend into the house but since they were all wasted, it seemed difficult. So, someone actually saved me the last Budweiser, and it was awful. I hated it.

Everyone was asleep by 5am, and I was still awake so I went to the store and got eggs, and milk, and other things came back and made breakfast for everyone. They loved me even more after that.

The party lasted all weekend. Good times.

-Nam
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:50:10 PM by Nam »

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 08:27:14 AM »
^^^ Ignore me, I'm apparently completely wrong, at least about the time line.

According to Wikipedia: Miller: A short-lived recipe from 1996 to 1998, sold in a predominantly red can (hence, aka "Miller Red").

I have no idea what I think I'm remembering - Thank FSM for the internet!
For some reason I thought I remembered a Millers from my childhood in the early 80's (remember cans on tables). So I cannot fault you. SPAB(eer) lol

Offline Odin

• Reader
  • Darwins +13/-3
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 05:14:25 PM »
Best beer I've ever tasted is Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale.  It comes in an 18.7 oz. bottle in the US, and ain't cheap, like $3.99 a bottle.  But man, does it put the step back into Ol' Odin.  Say, I just had one.  Where is that frisky Frigg?

Odin, King of the Gods
(And a discriminating drinker of beers.  Remember that story of Thor almost drinking the oceans dry, and that's what caused the tides?  He's a chip off the olde blocke.)

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
There are plenty of other shitty beers if that's what you're looking for.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline void of gods crutch

• Student
  • Darwins +5/-0
  • if u don't like gay marriage,don't get gay married
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:16:04 AM »
clearly there is just no god, gawd, and miller has proven it once and for all.. if there were a god, he would have made
sure that when starting a beer line, you always start with the basic name first. that's just very basic advertising 101 there, make a simple name people remember, duh!!? then build on it, with lite, and diet or low-cal, or whatever they put on it...i don't drink beer, whisky & wine do me just fine. :o i do seem to recall from my childhood that beer cans used to come with pull tab tops though..if that dates me at all lol 
5/4 ths of all people have a problem with fractions

Offline Jag

• Reader
  • Darwins +186/-7
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »
For some reason I thought I remembered a Millers from my childhood in the early 80's (remember cans on tables). So I cannot fault you. SPAB(eer) lol

That's what I remember too, plus the last three words, complete with melody (that part I can't provide over the "net however) that are simply: "...beer, Miller Beer." The only other input I can give is that all three words hit the same note, and were quite distinct from each other, lol.

Who knows? May wikipedia is incomplete. I checked the company website as well, but couldn't find anything to back up what I think I remember. Every time I try to zero in on the rest of the jingle in my memory, I end up hearing a Lowenbrau (sp?) commercial from the same era, so that's no help at all. You know the one - "Here's to good friends, tonight is kind of special..."?

LOVE the concept of SPAB(eer) though!

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +527/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »
we have:

Miller Lite
Miller High Life
Miller High Life Lite
Miller Genuine Draft

The Geneva Convention
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:10 AM »
we have:

Miller Lite
Miller High Life
Miller High Life Lite
Miller Genuine Draft

The Geneva Convention
Very well played sir +1