Author Topic: [No subject] [#2718]  (Read 1701 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
[No subject] [#2718]
« on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:43 AM »
Why do you waste so much time and effort to prove that God is imaginary? If He is, why does it bother you so much? It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him. Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary! You are making a fool of yourself. you'd better pray to God to save you, but since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list. Waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart

--- Sent with mail@metro - the new generation of mobile messaging
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Fiji

• Reader
  • Darwins +89/-2
Re: [No subject] [#2718]
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:10:26 AM »
Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary!

Yes! You've got it ... your god is indeed imaginary! Just like the 3000+ other gods mankind has made up.
But then again, we're not battling your god, are we? What would be the point? You might as well fight Voldemort, Moriarty or the Kurgan.
What we're fighting is the stranglehold believers of all kinds of gods have on politics. If ever theist kept his faith to himself, there would indeed not really be a reason to maintain a site like this.
Science: I'll believe it when I see it
Faith: I'll see it when I believe it

Schrodinger's thunderdome! One cat enters and one MIGHT leave!

Without life, god has no meaning.

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 07:26:29 AM »
God(s) is/are imaginary. Unfortunately, the believers in this nonsense are all too real and they have power and influence and invoke their deities to not only get their own way but to force everyone else to go that way too.

And people get sucked in, they fear the consequences of openly saying that they don't believe the BS either and so the cycle continues.

That's what sites like this one are about; reassuring people that they aren't wrong to realise gods are as imaginary and absurd as they and you know them to be and that they are not alone.

You know what? We're winning too. I sincerely hope you can learn to let go of the supernatural and join us in embracing reality and enjoy the one life you've got instead of wasting it praying to things you know don't exist.
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »
So your God likes to touch people.  So that is where Catholic priests came up with that idea.  Run alter boys...run.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kin hell

• Professor
  • Darwins +152/-7
  • - .... . .-. . /.. ... / -. --- / --. --- -.. ...
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:26:08 AM »
Why do you waste so much time and effort to prove that God is imaginary?

So which god isn't imaginary? All the god's before yours were imaginary weren't they? How is yours any different?
Your god (and I'm assuming you are defending some variation of bible god) displays every non-existant trait of every other god that you must claim to be imaginary.
What makes your imaginary friend so special amongst the 30,000+ gods invented previously?
Is it special, because you believe in it, and you know it must be real, therefore it must be real?
So what proof empowers your belief?
Because if all you rely on is faith, on feelings, then you have no proof, no evidence, no reality, you have only your personal need/hope/desire that the god to which you have hitched yourself is not exactly as imaginary as every other imaginary god.
We (the site's atheist members) aren't wasting our time or effort. We are providing a rational service to help the god-belief afflicted who find themselves irrationally believing in something that has not one coherent shred of evidence for it's existence.
The trouble with dealing with irrational people of course, is that they are irrational.
They refuse to recognise that faith is not something praiseworthy, it is a deliberate dumbing down of existence because of fear.
It feels safer to have an imaginary father figure promising a better life, than to embrace this big and scary reality.
And truthfully, we are not out to prove a negative. Your first sentence is erring. It is impossible to prove there is no god, but that is not our task at all.
It is up to you believers to show proof, as it is you making all the claim that there is a god.

If He is, why does it bother you so much?

So just imagine that god is imaginary. Those of us who are convinced of this, witness the irrationality of god-belief bowed down to by a majority of the world's population. For us atheist spectators it is watching mass world wide hysterical delusion. If you were in the position to help, in some small way, an irrational person back to rationality, would you not attempt to help?

It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him.

You are not really that perceptive are you? How can an atheist be upset by an imaginary construct (the product of the deluded)?
Are you so limited that you cannot comprehend that the perceived dislike may be caused by the frustration of watching normally sane people betray their intelligence for an imaginary god? Are you so limited that you cannot remotely understand that you have not the slightest evidence apart from your feelings that your god is not imaginary, and yet hilariously hypocritically here you are accusing us of being idiots while defending that evidence free flaccid fabrication you like to call  the almighty?

Poor idiot,

I laugh in your face.
Call me a poor idiot, but who has stupidly sold their rational perception (the one and only tool we have for learning about anything) and you've sold it for the longest running cheapest silliest scam of all time?
Who's that gullible idiot?
It's not me, ...........it's you. 

A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary!

Truth from the mouth of fools.
No doubt it is battling windmills to try and reestablish rationality in someone has voluntarily rejected it, but the accuracy of your "imaginary adversary" is wonderful.

You are making a fool of yourself. you'd better pray to God to save you
Ah and here we see the ambulatory vegetable, incapable of the simplest understanding.
Hey legume! ...atheists don't pray, they are not irrational deluded fools who think praying to some mega man in the clouds has any effect.
It takes a special kind of stupidity to be that stupid.

Oh, but I forgot, your are that special, I mean your god is not imaginary unlike all those other gods, because you are special and you believe in it.
Straight off the special bus.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 08:29:16 AM by kin hell »
"...but on a lighter note, demons were driven from a pig today in Gloucester."  Bill Bailey

all edits are for spelling or grammar unless specified otherwise

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:29:49 AM »
Why do you waste so much time and effort to prove that God is imaginary? If He is, why does it bother you so much?

If we lived in a nation where 75% of the so-called "adult" population believed in the Easter Bunny; if several million of those people were wealthy and influential, and determined to pass laws based on Easter Bunny-ism that affected everyone, even the non-Easter Bunnyists...

If every other street corner in the nation had a temple for people to meet to worship him, and if radio and television was flooded with people preaching the Good News of the Easter Bunny (free candy, if only you believe!)...

If those temples were given tax exemptions, at the cost of higher taxes for everyone else...

If the minority who lacked belief in the Easter Bunny had to struggle with hiding that lack of belief for fear that disclosing their apostasy would result in their property being vandalized, their families ostracizing them, their careers and even their personal safety put at risk...

If that minority were routinely told to move to another country were non-Easter Bunnyism was welcome...

If custody battles in divorce cases were routinely decided in favor of Easter Bunnyists, with the judge explicitly saying that his decision was because non-Easter Bunnyism was "not in the child's best interests"...

If anyone openly admitting to non-Easter Bunnyism lacked even the smallest chance of being elected to any public office much above the position of dogcatcher...

If those disbelieving in the Easter Bunny were determined in public opinion polls to be almost as untrusted as rapists...

If teenagers admitting to their parents that they were not Easter Bunnyists faced the very real risk of being kicked out of their own homes, even if they had not yet reached the age of majority...

If the well-funded Easter Bunny majority was constantly trying to inject Easter Bunnyism into public education disguised as "science", while simultaneously working just as hard to have real science excluded from the curriculum...

If all that, and far, far more, were true...

...then we'd be spending a lot of time talking about the Easter Bunny as well.

Can you understand why?
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:57 AM »

Here's one reeeeeal quick example that will hopefully make it clear to you.  Remember, this is just one reason - pianodwarf gave you loads more.

Many Catholic priests molested children in their charge.  Their superiors were more concerned by the damage that would happen to the religion than the damage to the children, so didn't put a stop to it - just moved people around so they could start again in a new location.

If this kind of thing was exposed as going on in ANY other organisation, to that degree, and condoned by the highest levels, there would be a massive outcry from everyone and the organisation would be shut down.  And yet....because "god" is involved, everyone steps back, and makes allowances, and nothing happens to anyone.

If nobody believed in god, then we would have seen justice for all the victims.  That good enough for you?
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +546/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »
Why do you waste so much time and effort to prove that God is imaginary? If He is, why does it bother you so much? It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him. Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary! You are making a fool of yourself. you'd better pray to God to save you, but since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list. Waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart

Why don't you accept the gods of Hinduism? If you had been born and brought up in India, what religion do you think you would be?
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +798/-6
  • If you are religious, you are misconcepted
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
While I agree with most responses, the Easter Bunnyiest remarks were hurtful. If I knew that they were just aimed at those frauds at The First Milk Chocolate Church of St. Cadbury, then that would be fine. But to lump all Bunnyist religions into one and condemn not only the wrong ones, but mine as well, is taking it too far. Yes, you can laugh at the Marshmallow Redeemers, I do to. But when you impugn the name of my Dark Chocolate Adventists, you've gone way too far. I demand an apology, and I want your address to I can leave some pamphlets with you at a later, more inconvenient time.

Praise the right Rabbit, dammit!

As for you christians, the infighting alone is proof enough to me that there is no god. 
Jesus, the cracker flavored treat!

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
While I agree with most responses, the Easter Bunnyiest remarks were hurtful. If I knew that they were just aimed at those frauds at The First Milk Chocolate Church of St. Cadbury, then that would be fine. But to lump all Bunnyist religions into one and condemn not only the wrong ones, but mine as well, is taking it too far. Yes, you can laugh at the Marshmallow Redeemers, I do to. But when you impugn the name of my Dark Chocolate Adventists, you've gone way too far. I demand an apology, and I want your address to I can leave some pamphlets with you at a later, more inconvenient time.

I'll give you my mailing address if you promise to send candy instead of pamphlets.  Then, if it's good candy, I'll apologize.  (And since it's January, I won't insist that it be anything Easter-related, like chocolate bunnies.  By the way, that's highly derivative of Catholics eating the Host, you eating the Bunny.  Just sayin'.)

Praise the right Rabbit, dammit!

Do you have a lot of infighting between Trixists and Bugsists?

As for you christians, the infighting alone is proof enough to me that there is no god.

Especially since he won't even show up to clarify everything that all the Christians are confused about...

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:23:16 AM »
You're both quite mental.  Surely you know that the Easter Bunny is a false god, a demon incarnate?

I pray that you see the light and turn to the Truth that is the Great Piñata.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
I'd hardly consider opposing the greatest threat to human civilization as a waste of time. It is not possible to check the news without there being some sort of wickedness occurring because of religion. I will not say "in the name of religion",  because when a Good True Christian beats their child to death, that's what the Bible says to do. When the Westboro Baptist Church parades around with God hates fags signs, it's because the Bible says that homosexuals are an abomination and should be put to death. The examples of evil done because it's what the religion says to do are more than bountiful. Slavery was practiced for so long because the Bible gives instructions on how to properly own other people. Women have been considered second class citizens and the property of men, because that's what religious books say.

Because only with religion do normal people say and do terrible things with self righteousness. Dr. Neil Tyson did not say that the Sandy Hook shootings were punishment for astrology. He probably wouldn't even consider it a decent thing to do. But anyone with any sort of religious background can blame dead children on whatever they want, and we are expected to respect them because of their faith. Sorry, not gonna happen. When you all can learn to keep your faith in the closet like Jesus said to, we won't have to protest.

It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him.
  You are right, I can't stand a God whose only solution, ever, to anything, is for people to suffer and die, and yet He still expects us to love him for it. Sounds pretty sick to me.

Poor idiot,
Hey now, didn't Jesus admonish you not to call people names? Typical hypo-Christian.

A Quixote battling windmills,
Or battling people willing to crash planes into buildings in return for 70 virgins.

an imaginary adversary!
Though imaginary, his followers are real, and all too happy to do any possible form of evil if they think He wants them to.

You are making a fool of yourself.
Tsk tsk, you are in danger of hellfire!

you'd better pray to God to save you,
Of course what is it I am being saved from? God's punishment for what demonstrably fictional people did thousands of years ago when He was outwitted by a talking snake.

but since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list.
Seems that everyone else is too, since Jesus' followers have been "waiting" for him to return for almost two thousand years.

Waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart
Like the compassionate hand that allegedly destroyed every living thing on earth? No thanks, I'll pass.

Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »
You're both quite mental.  Surely you know that the Easter Bunny is a false god, a demon incarnate?

If he sends me good candy, I'll convert.

Wait... do you offer candy, too?

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +798/-6
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
I'll give you my mailing address if you promise to send candy instead of pamphlets.  Then, if it's good candy, I'll apologize.  (And since it's January, I won't insist that it be anything Easter-related, like chocolate bunnies.  By the way, that's highly derivative of Catholics eating the Host, you eating the Bunny.  Just sayin'.)

You know nothing of us! Heathen! All you need do is accompany me to church and receive Communion by joining us as we ceremoniously consume Holy Necco Wafers. Which of course become the fur of the bunny when you eat them. Our savior didn't need to die for our sins, so it is untrue that we all drink a chaser of chocolate syrup to represent his blood.

He was much faster than the Romans. He didn't need to die because Dark Chocolate lovers can do no wrong.

Our hero ran, so we emulate him daily. Heroes run in our religion too!

Gotta go...

Added: Pinyataists! They carry around a big stick and think they are so scary. Bribing people with gummy bears. Sacrilege!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 11:42:39 AM by ParkingPlaces »

Offline hickdive

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +32/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 01:05:55 PM »
This Easter Bunny character, does he chew the cud?
Stupidity, unlike intelligence, has no limits.

Offline oogabooga

• Graduate
  • Darwins +22/-0
  • I doubt, therefore I might be.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 03:06:01 AM »
Why do you waste so much time and effort to prove that God is imaginary? If He is, why does it bother you so much?
Actually, most of us don't spend much time proving god is imaginary. But we do spend much time and effort trying to fend off adults with imaginary friends and trying to prevent them, say, flying into buildings, blowing shit up, discriminating people and abusing them. At least that's what I do. I don't need to prove god is imaginary. I didn't make the positive claim he exists, so the burden of proof most certainly isn't on me.

It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him. Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary! You are making a fool of yourself.
Actually I couldn't care less about god. I don't harbour any negative feelings toward him. I 'can't stand him' as much as I 'can't stand' faeries and leprechauns. You could compare me to Don Quixote if I was, in fact, trying to fight god. As it is, your analogy is completely misplaced.

you'd better pray to God to save you, but since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list. Waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart
If he was compassionate, he would have already saved me, made sure I knew him. Unless he's making sure there's a growing number of people who will certainly and undoubtedly go to hell. If that's the case, his compassion would be truly debatable at best.

I presume you're one of the 144,000 male virgins that are slotted for heaven. According to your holy book everyone else will burn in hell. Sleep tight.
Excreta Occurs

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 04:34:49 AM »

Wait... do you offer candy, too?

HUGE amounts of candy.  Raining down from above in abundance.

Added: Pinyataists! They carry around a big stick and think they are so scary. Bribing people with gummy bears. Sacrilege!

I call Jihad on you, heathen!  And we'll win too, 'cos like you say we all have honking great sticks and we know how to use them!

Offline Hatter23

• Fellow
  • Darwins +265/-7
  • Doesn't believe in one more god than you
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

You.

People like you that vote and/or hold office

Incorrect. Imaginary things are hardly "almighty" For example, they can't even speak for themselves, much less say heal an amputee.

Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary!

No, our adversary is...you.

Says the person who bows down to and asks favors from an invisible intangible being that there is no evidence to distinguish  from a fairy tale.

you'd better pray to God to save you, but since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list. Waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart

I'd better ask for the favor of a being that I don't think exists? This is the level of illogical thought that makes you an adversary.
An Omnipowerful God needed to sacrifice himself to himself (but only for a long weekend) in order to avert his own wrath against his own creations who he made in a manner knowing that they weren't going to live up to his standards.

And you should feel guilty for this. Give me money.

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +798/-6
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 10:42:15 AM »
I call Jihad on you, heathen!  And we'll win too, 'cos like you say we all have honking great sticks and we know how to use them!

A little advise. Carrying a big stick would be more effective if you took off that blindfold...

;D ;D ;D

Offline jaimehlers

• Professor
  • Darwins +586/-18
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 10:58:29 AM »
*steals all the green gummies*  For my mom, don't you know?

Offline Anfauglir

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +408/-5
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 04:24:16 AM »
A little advise. Carrying a big stick would be more effective if you took off that blindfold...

Foolish heathen - the Great Piñata guides our hands.  Anyway, you smell of chocolate so we can easily find you!

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »
..... But since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list, waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart

God has a waiting list... And is all-powerful... And loves us all personally...

So why doesn't he touch our hearts now and ensure a lifetime of servitude and prayer going his way? Seems like a pretty good idea. He could will that he has an infinite number of compassionate arms to touch people's hearts.

Wouldn't that be incredibly good? All of us 'mean atheists' who 'don't follow the one true way of God' would just disappear instantly, replaced by sheeple christians who are good lambs of God, just like Jesus was.

You are making a fool of yourself, not us. Why should we talk to some sort of 'mystical sky daddy' and beg him to help us with our earthly concerns? We don't just jump into faith without thinking about it. A lot of us were indeed religious once, brought into it from birth by our parents. For those of us that applies to, for varying reasons, realised that there is no such thing as God.

Oh, and let me fix this sentence:
It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty vague, inconsistent and irrelevant in today's world, and powerful Genocidic, Evil, Racist, Bigoted and Supremacist that you can't stand Him.
That sounds much more fair. Incidentally, I know somebody else who was genocidic, evil, racist, bigoted and supremacist. George Bush. (attempting to avoid Godwin's Law there...)

Children tend to give up their imaginary friends by the time they are 8-10. Why have you still got one as an adult?
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 02:59:49 PM »
..... But since You think He is imaginary, you are on the Wait list, waiting for His compassionate hand to touch your heart

So why doesn't he touch our hearts now and ensure a lifetime of servitude and prayer going his way? Seems like a pretty good idea. He could will that he has an infinite number of compassionate arms to touch people's hearts.

Better yet, why doesn't god appear to every baby in the womb so that by the time they are born, they are already indoctrinated inoculated against all of those other dangerous, false religions out there....?
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 07:23:42 PM »
Better yet, why doesn't god appear to every baby in the womb so that by the time they are born, they are already indoctrinated inoculated against all of those other dangerous, false religions out there....?

Oh, that'd be waaayyyy too easy...  ;D

Instead we have to read a vague metaphorical storybook about genocidal deities who hate and love everything to pry the meaning of life from the cold, dead, boil-infested grasp of our friend Job, who had his faith tested by God. His family were slaughtered, his house burnt down and he was afflicted with disgusting skin ailments.

What did he learn from this I hear you ask?

'When Life gives you Lemons, praise God.'
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Brakeman

• Reader
  • Darwins +47/-3
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »

Why don't other false religions trigger the sense of right and wrong "god" gave us? Are our god given morals faulty to religious con men?
Help find the cure for FUNDAMENTIA !

Offline Disciple of Sagan

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +60/-0
  • Current mood: Malcontent
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 01:51:32 AM »

Why don't other false religions trigger the sense of right and wrong "god" gave us? Are our god given morals faulty to religious con men?

Errrrrr... because only Christians, after being bitten by a radioactive messiah get the "sin sense tingling" super power?  :?
Makes about as much sense as everything else they believe in.... :)
The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff.

The only thing bigger than the universe is humanity's collective sense of self-importance.

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »

We are not proving that "god" is imaginary. We are proving that he cannot exist as portrayed. While that appears to be a minor difference, it is an important one.

If people want to go through their lives and believe that there is a sky daddy to whom they can pray and ask for things, I really don't care. However, that isn't all that happens. Those who believe are compelled to proselytize those who don't and have the rest of us turn our civil laws into religious laws. At that point, I will come after you with everything I've got.

Arizona legislature wants to make professing a faith in god a requirement for graduation

School Vouchers

Ten Commandments

Nativity Scenes

Embryonic Stem Cell Laws

Abortion Laws

Contraception Laws

Mosque near World Trade Center

Blue Laws

... yadda ... yadda .... yadda ...

I tell you what -- if your side stops trying to turn your religion into laws, mine will no longer fight you. Deal?

It seems that you are so intent to disprove a God that is so Almighty and powerful that you can't stand Him. Poor idiot, A Quixote battling windmills, an imaginary adversary!

Who is the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?
-- Obi-Wan Kenobi

This is why religious congregations are often referred to as flocks. To each his own.

Thank you for reiterating my point. You are so kind.

Yes, and may his compassionate hand not be placed behind a semi barreling through an intersection as you make a left turn on your way to pickup lunch.

John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline Timtheskeptic

• Reader
  • Darwins +20/-1
  • atheist and loving it
    • atheist blogspot
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »

Why do YOU waste your time believing something based on what was written on a book? There's a whole lot of fascinating things to do in life that is real and so much to learn that is factual and has evidence unless your religion which has no evidence and nothing new to learn.
Me:What are you looking at Eminem?
Brother: Nothing, Harry Potter.

I love to read books, just not your Bible. i support gay rights and women's rights. Why? Because i'm tired of the hate, stupidity, and your desire to control us all and make up lies.