Author Topic: Evangelist claims he has cure for diabetes. But you can't have it...  (Read 448 times)

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
The dude a) says he has the cure, b)that he will share it with his fellow christians (presumably the ones in his sect) and c)that he wants to give it to the Chinese government so that they'll be impressed and turn christian.

But the rest of us are out of luck. I don't have diabetes, but like everyone else, I know plenty of people who do.

Quite the claim. And if it were true (of course it isn't), it would be typical of a christian evangelist to take advantage of something for his own gain, and to withhold it from others as punishment. That's how god does it. That's the definition of love they prefer. But f**k him for making the claim. I've little doubt that there will be diabetics who will drop everything, including their meds, and join his flock. Only to die sooner because he doesn't' have anything.

Idiot.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/theocrat_evangelist_wants_to_keep_gods_diabetes_cure_all_to_himself_and_chi
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Evangelist claims he has cure for diabetes. But you can't have it...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
Did God give this to him or dd he come upon it on his own?  Could bump church membership for a while and $$$ as a result.  Will need to get a few people to play sick so they can be cured.  I doubt the Chinese will be impressed enough to go Christian...but who knows.  Hope he's working on a cure for amputees next.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40:14 PM »
Or a cure for mental illness. Which would put him out of business.

Note to any believer who reads this is wonders why I don't believe him.

For the same reason I don't believe there is a god. I know a scam when I see one.

And just for the record. If I, as an atheist, found a cure for diabetes or any other medical condition, be it cancer or cold sores, it would be available so quick your head would spin. To everyone. And I wouldn't ask a cent for it. Not because I'm an atheist, but because I'm a nice guy.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
PP, you are too nice.  I've become jaded since awaking from my delusion.  I'd make it available to all (at a small profit of course) except for preachers.  They would be banned from the cure.  Let them pray for one.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +768/-6
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »
^^^You can be my VP of non-marketing. I love it.

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:06 AM »
Or a cure for mental illness. Which would put him out of business.

Note to any believer who reads this is wonders why I don't believe him.

For the same reason I don't believe there is a god. I know a scam when I see one.

And just for the record. If I, as an atheist, found a cure for diabetes or any other medical condition, be it cancer or cold sores, it would be available so quick your head would spin. To everyone. And I wouldn't ask a cent for it. Not because I'm an atheist, but because I'm a nice guy.

You're a better man than I. I would want to make enough money off it that my immediate financial troubles would be over. Then I'd consider giving it away.