Author Topic: The Edge: 2013 Question - What SHOULD we be worried about  (Read 345 times)

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +771/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
The Edge: 2013 Question - What SHOULD we be worried about
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:59:19 PM »
This rather impressive organization asks scientists, economists and others a big question every year and gets many responses. Here 150 qualified people describe aspects of life and the universe that we "should" be worried about. Responders include our favorite physicist, Laurence Krauss. I'm just now getting in to them, but as usual, they look fantastic. Both eye-opening and humbling, they certainly help me understand that state of various academic pursuits (though not all respondents are academic). Not everyone will have the patience to wade through this one incredibly long web page, but those who do will be smarter for it.

http://edge.org/responses/q2013

Note: If you really enjoy it, there are links to past annual questions on the left hand side just below the top of the page. Dating back to 2005. All are incredibly interesting, especially if you are old and impressionable like myself.
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Online One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +285/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Re: The Edge: 2013 Question - What SHOULD we be worried about
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »
BM
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.