Author Topic: Shouldn't we see more quantum entangled pairs?  (Read 327 times)

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
Shouldn't we see more quantum entangled pairs?
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:20:37 PM »
Given that all matter and energy in the universe was condensed into one point, shouldn't almost all matter be quantum entangled? Or does it have a "time limit" before the effect disappears?
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
Re: Shouldn't we see more quantum entangled pairs?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »
I don't know enough about either one of them, but my best guess from what little I know is that if they're not entangled, then that might be because the singularity didn't have the same characteristics as photons and atoms and stuff that allows them to be entangled in the first place and I think it it can only happen in some certain kind of situation too. Either that or they can become untangled if they did entangle in the first place.

EDIT: Also, I thought the Big Bang came from some singularity thing that was as dense as all the matter and energy in the universe (maybe more) and eventually became a bunch of different particles later on, so it didn't even have anything to entangle with. Sorry if my ignorance is showing, but it's still fun and interesting to talk about and I might learn something here.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:47:07 AM by Sleeping Shadow »

Offline One Above All

• Laureate
  • Darwins +284/-37
  • Supreme ruler of the multiverse; All In One
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
You make good points, Sleeping Shadow. I hadn't considered those. My main idea was that energy and matter was condensed into a point made entirely of energy, so particles couldn't become entangled because there were no particles in the first place.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
We choose our own gods.

A.K.A.: Blaziken_rjcf/Lucifer/All In One.

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:18 AM »
You make good points, Sleeping Shadow. I hadn't considered those. My main idea was that energy and matter was condensed into a point made entirely of energy, so particles couldn't become entangled because there were no particles in the first place.

I'm wondering it you are not only right but that matter is actually locked up energy too. We heard about the HIggs recently and the suggestion is that the Higgs is part of a Higgs energy field rather than an individual particle. Indeed, even the famous E = MC2 would seem to suggest that everything is energy and not anything actually solid.

I don't know much about entanglement to really comment but maybe it makes sense if we see it as linked energy fields rather than particles. Time will tell.

No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)