Author Topic: Recommended addition [#2713]  (Read 358 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Darwins +206/-5
  • Je bois ton lait frappĂ©
Recommended addition [#2713]
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:08:47 AM »
Greetings,

In chapter 5 of the site, where the rationalizations are listed, I have a recommendation for an addition. In rationalization #1, you may wish to add the corollary statement that apologists make, usually sounding something like, "Keep in mind, God doesn't owe you anything in the first place."

Just thought I'd mention it, because I hear this rationalization, almost without fail.

Thanks,

[name removed]
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: Recommended addition [#2713]
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Yeah, we are like His pets but He has no responsibility to care for us.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +460/-15
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:42:17 AM »
"Keep in mind, God doesn't owe you anything in the first place."
To which the answer is, "Mat:7:7, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

He owes it to us to keep His promises.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Online ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +689/-3
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
Greetings,

In chapter 5 of the site, where the rationalizations are listed, I have a recommendation for an addition. In rationalization #1, you may wish to add the corollary statement that apologists make, usually sounding something like, "Keep in mind, God doesn't owe you anything in the first place."

Just thought I'd mention it, because I hear this rationalization, almost without fail.

Thanks,

[name removed]

If he made the rules and expects us to follow them, then he has to do his part. If he doesn't owe us anything in life, then he doesn't owe us an eternity in hell or a place in heaven either. If he is real and is going to wait until I'm dead to start acknowledging my presence, then screw him.

If he doesn't exist, nevermind. And he doesn't. But that is never the issue. The issue is that some believe he does. And those that do owe themselves an occasional rational thought. We're trying to help muster some in folks like you.
Not everyone is entitled to their opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.