Author Topic: "Republicans pick same old fight with Planned Parenthood"  (Read 177 times)

Offline shnozzola

"Republicans pick same old fight with Planned Parenthood"
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
Sigh. Here we go again.
Republicans in the 112th Congress started picking fights with Planned Parenthood an eighth of a second after being sworn in back in January 2011. They tried to defund it. They threatened to shut down the whole government. They spewed absurd claims on the Senate floor that were not intended to be factual. They launched bogus investigations. And they did a lot of whining and crying and teeth-gnashing.

And they lost.

Time and again, Americans made it perfectly clear that they stand with Planned Parenthood. Just ask Susan G. Komen for the Cure what happened when it dared to pull its funding from Planned Parenthood. Ask Mitt Romney what happened when he swore that if elected president, he'd get rid of Planned Parenthood. The take-away lesson could not have been clearer: Do not f**k with Planned Parenthood.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/08/1177364/-Republicans-pick-same-old-fight-with-Planned-Parenthood-ready-asses-for-another-kicking#

The irony is with freewill.  Atheism realizes we don't have it, while the fundamentals of theism demand it but don't want it.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: "Republicans pick same old fight with Planned Parenthood"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
As hard as it will be to accomplish, I think this congress could be worse than the last one.  They are already trying to block everything.  Nominations for cabinet positions, Planned Parenthood, Obamacare, allowing the gov to default.  They are bat shit crazy and don't give a rats ass what the rest of the country thinks.  They reported today that a poll showed cockroaches more popular than congress.

As long as Obama is in office they will continue to block everything.  Look what they did to Clinton in his 2nd term and he was not even black.

I guess there is already an effort to get McConnell in his reelection bid because he worked across the lines on this cliff thing.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!