Author Topic: what about the rest of the world [#679]  (Read 289 times)

Offline DL

what about the rest of the world [#679]
« on: November 14, 2008, 07:58:32 PM »

I agree with what you say about Christianity.

I can't argue with a Muslim, they don't believe the same way.

Are you planning to add something about other religions? This short sightedness indicates a bias toward Christianity disproportionate to other world religions. I understand that we live in a culture where Christianity is dominant, but that is not so much true any more.

Offline Idioteque

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +0/-0
Re: what about the rest of the world [#679]
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 08:56:17 PM »
I understand that we live in a culture where Christianity is dominant, but that is not so much true any more.

No, it still is true.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there

Offline Hermes

• Professor
  • Darwins +2/-0
  • 1600 years of oppression ends; Zeus is worshiped.
Re: what about the rest of the world [#679]
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:03:04 PM »
Islam is a problem.  I don't know the plans of the people who made the videos or the web site.  I do know that there are other groups that have pointed out the problems with Islam and they are actively working on cracking that nut.

FWIW, you can find some people who make comments on Islam such as Pat Condell on our YouTube channel list from the forums;

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php?topic=2078
Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons. --Michael Shermer

The history of religion is a long attempt to reconcile old custom with new reason, to find a sound theory for an absurd practice.  --Sir James George Frazer