Author Topic: Mish mash  (Read 170 times)

Offline shnozzola

Mish mash
« on: January 14, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
Couple of the founding fathers:

Benjamin Franklin was raised as an Episcopalian but was a Deist as an adult.

Thomas Jefferson was a Protestant. Jefferson was raised as an Episcopalian (Anglican). He was also influenced by English Deists and has often been identified by historians as a Deist. He held many beliefs in common with Unitarians of the time period, and sometimes wrote that he thought the whole country would become Unitarian. He wrote that the teachings of Jesus contain the "outlines of a system of the most sublime morality which has ever fallen from the lips of man." Wrote: "I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know."

George Washington was an Episcopalian.

John Adams was raised a Congregationalist, but ultimately rejected many fundamental doctrines of conventional Christianity, such as the Trinity and the divinity of Jesus, becoming a Unitarian.

http://www.adherents.com/adh_presidents.html

I also liked this little Hermain Cane president wannabe blurb:

Note to Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Agnostic, and Atheist ER Doctors, ER Nurses, EMTs, Etc.
POSTED BY DAN SAVAGE ON MON, NOV 21, 2011 AT 1:15 PM
Under no circumstances should you provide emergency medical care to Herman Cain. Mr. Cain would rather die in your hospital's waiting room—or die by the side of the road—than accept medical treatment from a non-Christian. Please make a note in his chart.  :)    
He did have a slight worry at one point during the chemotherapy process when he discovered that one of the surgeon’s name was “Dr. Abdallah.”

“I said to his physician assistant, I said, ‘That sounds foreign–not that I had anything against foreign doctors–but it sounded too foreign,” Cain tells the audience. “She said, ‘He’s from Lebanon.’ Oh, Lebanon! My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine! She could see the look on my face and she said, ‘Don’t worry, Mr. Cain, he’s a Christian from Lebanon.’”

“Hallelujah!” Cain says. “Thank God!”
&) (help me Spock)

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2011/11/21/note-to-jewish-muslim-hindu-agnostic-and-atheist-er-doctors-er-nurses-emts-etc&view=comments
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 07:56:32 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs