Author Topic: The People to the Obama Administration: "Build a Death Star"  (Read 547 times)

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
The People to the Obama Administration: "Build a Death Star"
« on: January 12, 2013, 08:40:31 AM »
There's some kind of a rule or law (I'm not clear on the specifics, but it doesn't matter) that says that if at least 25,000 people sign a petition asking the White House for something, the White House is required to issue a response. Someone created a petition asking the government to build a Death Star, and it received some 35,000 signatures. The White House dutifully issued a response. It's epic.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/secure-resources-and-funding-and-begin-construction-death-star-2016/wlfKzFkN
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Seppuku

• Fellow
  • Darwins +125/-1
  • I am gay for Fred Phelps
    • Seppuku Arts
Re: The People to the Obama Administration: "Build a Death Star"
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
Well played government, well played.

This reminds me a little of this, which resulted in this.
“It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” - Miyamoto Musashi
Warning: I occassionally forget to proofread my posts to spot typos or to spot poor editing.

Offline kcrady

• Reader
  • Darwins +385/-1
  • Your Friendly Neighborhood Cephalopod Overlord
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Step 1: Build a Death Star.

Step 2: Use it to blow up those right-wing bugnutty states that wanted to secede.

Two birds, one stone!
"The question of whether atheists are, you know, right, typically gets sidestepped in favor of what is apparently the much more compelling question of whether atheists are jerks."

--Greta Christina

Offline Sleeping Shadow

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »
I think that's one of the most awesome things that I've read on that site.

Offline shnozzola

$850 quadrillion
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 02:33:31 PM »
A “Death Star” won’t be a part of the U.S. military’s arsenal any time soon.........Paul Shawcross, an administration adviser on science and space, says a Death Star would cost too much to build — an estimated $850 quadrillion — at a time the White House is working to reduce the federal budget.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-white-house-nixes-calls-for-850-quadrillion-death-star-super-weapon/2013/01/12/fb74697e-5c94-11e2-b8b2-0d18a64c8dfa_story.html

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking

•The Administration does not support blowing up planets
  :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:38:37 PM by shnozzola »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
Re: $850 quadrillion
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 02:50:33 PM »
I'm sure this is something the right will use against Obama.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
Damn! I was settin' up a spa lounge for me and the Vaderettes.

:(

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 03:06:36 PM »
The other topic on this should be merged with this one. I already made my comment there.

-Nam
A god is like a rock: it does absolutely nothing until someone or something forces it to do something. The only capability the rock has is doing nothing until another force compels it physically to move.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously - Humphrey

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +747/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 03:10:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure a sense of humor isn't allowed in government. There is none in congress and none in the supreme court. Its probably in the constitution or the bill of whacko rights or something.

This will get him impeached for sure. Unless he goes ahead and builds it and holds us all hostage until 2016.

Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline shnozzola

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:15 PM »
“The best thing for being sad," replied Merlin, beginning to puff and blow, "is to learn something."  ~ T. H. White
  The real holy trinity:  onion, celery, and bell pepper ~  all Cajun Chefs

Offline pianodwarf

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +208/-6
  • Je bois ton lait frappé
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 03:50:58 PM »
Sorry Piano,

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/forums/index.php/topic,24337.msg541779/topicseen.html?PHPSESSID=cc077c29d38a946b9f424797d71eb27e#msg541779

I guess the fun number made me so excited I forgot to look for an earlier post.

No biggie, it's perfectly understandable.  I've done the same thing myself.
[On how kangaroos could have gotten back to Australia after the flood]:  Don't kangaroos skip along the surface of the water? --Kenn

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
"If he builds it, they will come."

-Nam

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +180/-8
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 03:55:38 PM »
I bet we already have one at Area 51 or hiding behind the moon.  Afterall, we all know Obama wants to be Emperor of the Universe.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:57:22 PM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »
No, no...John Boehner wants to be ruler of the Universe. Obama wants just to be ruler of the Galaxy.

-Nam

Offline mrbiscoop

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +31/-2
  • Faith is not a virtue!
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 09:19:04 PM »
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
              -Emo Philips

Offline Garja

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +38/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
This is just another example of OBAMA not keeping our country safe!  I mean, when is he going to wake up and realize the only way to prevent invasion from space aliens is to be better armed!  I guess it will be up to free enterprise, as usual!
"If we look back into history for the character of the present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution."

-Benjamin Franklin

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +307/-82
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
I know! We can make them out of Republicans!

No, wait...there's not enough of them. Only if we used those who vote for them as well who are not Republican (but really are).

-Nam

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 06:37:31 PM »
Of course Europe is way ahead of us, and is already building a Death Star style superlaser. At least 200 petawatt, but they're shooting for hexawatt range.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?