Author Topic: Learning the Koran doesn't stop people doing things  (Read 658 times)

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
Learning the Koran doesn't stop people doing things
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
Mother Kills Son for not Learning Koran

I am shocked by this one. This mother had been good at learning the Koran but beat her son to death when he didn't learn fast enough. Is there any point learning by rote if one doesn't also learn from the text. Even an atheist knows beating a child is wrong and these people think their religion makes then bettter.
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
Re: Learning the Koran doesn't stop people doing things
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »
Imagine giving birth, looking at this child's face for the 1st time, the bond between mother and child...and then killing it for any reason.
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline ParkingPlaces

• Professor
  • Darwins +769/-6
  • Hide and Seek World Champion since 1958!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »
Even an atheist knows beating a child is wrong and these people think their religion makes then bettter.

Funny how we don't have a single document that makes it okay for us to enslave, beat, rape, kill or tell others that they are doomed. Are we doing it wrong?
Not everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're all entitled to mine though.

Offline Karl

• Graduate
  • Darwins +3/-2
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 02:38:01 PM »
I don't know to what extent the woman being a muslim has anything to do with what she did. People go mentally ill whatever their religion or absence of it is. I find this case sad but in order to judge on islamic believe in general it does not serve well.

The mother also confessed to beating her son for no reason and that her anger often led to her being out of control.
She told officers: "I was getting all this bad stuff in my head, like I couldn't concentrate, I was getting angry too much, I would shout at Yaseen all the time.

"I was getting very wild and I hit Yaseen with a stick on his back like a dog."

That woman was mentally ill with her religious environment playing a role in her madness.

[1]

1. quotes from linked article

Online Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +324/-84
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 02:42:57 PM »
I agree with Karl. It seems she already was mentally unstable; her religion was either a catalyst or an excuse but I don't think it was a cause or the cause.

-Nam
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:44:58 PM by Nam »
This thread is about lab-grown dicks, not some mincy, old, British poof of an actor. 

Let's get back on topic, please.

Offline Graybeard

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +534/-19
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »
Mother Kills Son for not Learning Koran

I am shocked by this one. This mother had been good at learning the Koran but beat her son to death when he didn't learn fast enough. Is there any point learning by rote if one doesn't also learn from the text. Even an atheist knows beating a child is wrong and these people think their religion makes then bettter.

I think you're missing the point here. It is absolutely essential to learn the Koran by heart - without this, how will you enter Heaven and the Presence of Allah?

Your life here is but a blink of an eye to the eternity with Allah(pbuh). Look on life as a visit to the dentist and the fatal beating as nothing more than some root-canal work.

Is not beating to death the way that gods tell us to treat our children?

De:21:18: If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
De:21:19: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
De:21:20: And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
De:21:21: And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

The serious fault here, is that it was a woman who killed him, when legally it should be men.

Would you risk your own soul as well as that of the child by spitting in the Face of Allah, or Yahweh?

Makes you wonder what happens to those who kill their own children in the third world?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:51:34 AM by Graybeard »
Nobody says “There are many things that we thought were natural processes, but now know that a god did them.”

Online wheels5894

• Fellow
  • Darwins +110/-1
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 10:07:49 AM »
BRilliant, Greybeard! I had quite forgotten that remarkable passage from the bible - the book with some many wise insights into how to run our lives!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:28 AM »
I'm sure that passage just meant "time out". ;)

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
Why are we shocked when someone kills a child after it is born, yet not shocked when it is killed before it is born?

I mean that. What is the most pressing factor in determining why one is a horrible crime and the other is an unfortunate choice?

Offline Dante

• Reader
  • Darwins +72/-9
  • Hedonist Extraordinaire
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 02:10:20 PM »
Why are we shocked when someone kills a child after it is born, yet not shocked when it is killed before it is born?

I mean that. What is the most pressing factor in determining why one is a horrible crime and the other is an unfortunate choice?

There's abortion topics aplenty in other sections of this forum, Bags. Why not ask that question there?
Actually it doesn't. One could conceivably be all-powerful but not exceptionally intelligent.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +185/-8
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 02:11:04 PM »
If this one was old enough to learn to read I think it is a little different than one still being developed.....

Offline Bagheera

• Graduate
  • Darwins +7/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 03:37:10 PM »

There's abortion topics aplenty in other sections of this forum, Bags. Why not ask that question there?

Probably because my initial reaction was anger. Not at the woman, but at some of the comments that felt like they were sliding into smug religion-bashing when it is tangential to the issue at hand.

Apologies. I had a whole thing all prepared, then took a look at what I was typing and realized that it was coming out of left field.

She killed her child because she couldn't control her temper. It wasn't specifically to do with the Koran, although the fact that she thought it important enough to memorize was a contributing factor. It looked like she could have used counseling or meditation lessons or medication; instead, she killed her child then realized what she'd done and tried to cover it up.

It's tragic.