Author Topic: Dr. Who fans?  (Read 387 times)

Offline SimpleCaveman

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-6
Dr. Who fans?
« on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
Hello All,

Any Doctor Who fans here? What did you think about the shows last fall and the Christmas special?

Any thoughts on the new companion. I think the actress is good and I've liked the versions of her so far. It will be interesting to see how she plays the companion and if it will be different from the others. What do you think?

Offline bertatberts

• Reader
  • Darwins +48/-8
  • Humanists. Not perfect. Not forgiven. Responsible.
Re: Dr. Who fans?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:03:00 PM »
She has wit charm and good looks, and I'd like to get in her knickers, not much chance of the latter. So I'll stick to watching Dr who.
We theists have no evidence for our beliefs. So no amount of rational evidence will dissuade us from those beliefs. - JCisall

It would be pretty piss poor brainwashing, if the victims knew they were brainwashed, wouldn't it? - Screwtape. 04/12/12

Offline EV

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +52/-1
  • Philosopher, Atheist, Musician, Philanthropist
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
I'm a large fan, and follow the series closely. I really like Matt Smith as a Doctor, and can't wait to see how 'Soufflé Girl' pans out in this coming story arc.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- Philosopher John Stuart Mill, from a Parliamentary debate (May 31, 1866);

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 03:55:14 AM »
I'm undecided about the character - "feisty", to me, can too easily tip into "annoying".  I liked Rose at first, but by the end I couldn't wait to see the back of her.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline SimpleCaveman

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-6
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »
Funny how that works out for the companions. The one I had trouble with was Donna. Not sure why and not all the time. I like the actresses character on The Office, though.

Yes, Matt Smith is great. Some of the episodes last fall were okay, but the last one where Rory and Amy left was terrific.

I've always wondered why they don't swing large sledgehammers at the angels. Did they ever say? Seems obvious to me.

Offline Anfauglir

• Darwins +407/-5
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
I've always wondered why they don't swing large sledgehammers at the angels. Did they ever say? Seems obvious to me.

(Dons fanboy cap)

I THINK its something to do with the way they are "quantum locked" - when they are observed, their state cannot change, so sledgehammers would just bounce off.
Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid.
Why is it so hard for believers to answer a direct question?

Offline SimpleCaveman

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +1/-6
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:42:59 PM »
(Dons fanboy cap)

I THINK its something to do with the way they are "quantum locked" - when they are observed, their state cannot change, so sledgehammers would just bounce off.
Ahh, yes, thanks, Anfauglir. The writers do a pretty good job of having everything fit. They miss some stuff, but what you're saying sounds familiar.

I have to say that playing the Doctor seems to me like one of the best jobs every.

I can't wait until March 30th.