Author Topic: Crowded hospital room  (Read 599 times)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +189/-8
Crowded hospital room
« on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:26 AM »
Illinois Senator(R) Mark Kirk (no relation to Captain Kirk) said angels came to visit him while he was in the hospital recovering from a stroke. He's back at work in the Senate now.  Congress has a 5% approval rating now.  Maybe the angels will help improve that. ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:31:29 AM by Nick »
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
Re: Crowded hospital room
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:12:32 AM »
Funny how he would point that out. It's not like the angels did anything for him. The angels didn't prevent his stroke, or clear the blockage, or do surgery, or provide anesthesia or pain relief, or physical therapy.... of course, when it comes to actual, practical results, science wins the day. Every time.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline screwtape

• The Great Red Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Darwins +703/-28
  • Karma mooch
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 08:26:13 AM »
actually, the angels did do something for him.  They gave him some empathy.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/02/1175809/-Sen-Kirk-suffers-stroke-grows-heart

Links:
Rules
Guides & Tutorials

What's true is already so. Owning up to it does not make it worse.

Offline kaziglu bey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +121/-1
  • There is no Big Brother in the sky.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
The fact that he is unable to understand others difficulties until faced with his own is hardly empathy. If he really was empathetic he would have recognized this problem before he had his own. Of course he also gets healthcare at taxpayer expense, yet will likely vote against the ACA every opportunity he gets.
Seriously though... What would happen if the Great Green Arkleseizure didn't fram up the rammastam before the hermite curve achieved maximum nurdfurdle velocity? Now THAT would be something. AmIrite?

Offline Chronos

• Global Moderator
  • Darwins +130/-6
  • Born without religion
    • Marking Time
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:25:18 AM »
Angels visited Roy Cohn while he was dying in a hospital, but I think they had a different agenda, perhaps one inconsistent with the agenda of a certain Illinois senator.

SPAGARIFFIC!
John 14:2 :: In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Offline stuffin

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +26/-0
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »
Illinois Senator(R) Mark Kirk (no relation to Captain Kirk) said angels came to visit him while he was in the hospital recovering from a stroke. He's back at work in the Senate now.  Congress has a 5% approval rating now.  Maybe the angels will help improve that. ;)

I believe him, but he should refer to these angles by their real names; doctors, nurses, medical aides, therapists and technicians.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.