Author Topic: "Once save, always saved"--apparently I'm going to heaven  (Read 655 times)

Offline Schizoid

• Undergraduate
  • Darwins +10/-0
  • WWGHA Member
"Once save, always saved"--apparently I'm going to heaven
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »
whether I want to or not, or so say some Christians.  As an ex-Christian who sincerely accepted Jesus as my personal savior I am told I will be dragged into heaven kicking and screaming, being forced to praise for eternity a god that I rejected in life (what a massive ego god must have).

As a schizoid I prefer my own company to that of others although there are some I do like for awhile and others I can tolerate for a time, but there must be millions of Christians (not all) with whom I am loathe to even share this planet much less have to hobnob with them for all eternity just because they were "once saved, always saved".

Now I know this is all hokum, but it bothers me that I will never knowingly have the last laugh on the bunch with this philosophy.  What's a simple heathen to do? :laugh: ;D ;)

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
Re: "Once save, always saved"--apparently I'm going to heaven
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:46 PM »
I don't think Catholics go thru that Jesus , personal savior, born again crap..so I guess I'm heaven free. :D
Yo, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Quit ragging on my Lord.

Tide goes in, tide goes out !!!

Offline Nam

• Laureate
  • Darwins +290/-80
  • I'm on the road less traveled...
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »
Protestants. Can't nail 'em to crosses or .. nevermind.

-Nam
This is my signature "Nam", don't I have nice typing skills?

Offline Petey

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +11/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
I hear that blaspheming against the holy spook will earn you a ticket through the phosphorous gates.
He never pays attention, he always knows the answer, and he can never tell you how he knows. We can't keep thrashing him. He is a bad example to the other pupils. There's no educating a smart boy.
-– Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time

Offline The Gawd

• Postgraduate
  • Darwins +78/-5
  • WWGHA Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:02:06 AM »
whether I want to or not, or so say some Christians.  As an ex-Christian who sincerely accepted Jesus as my personal savior I am told I will be dragged into heaven kicking and screaming, being forced to praise for eternity a god that I rejected in life (what a massive ego god must have).

As a schizoid I prefer my own company to that of others although there are some I do like for awhile and others I can tolerate for a time, but there must be millions of Christians (not all) with whom I am loathe to even share this planet much less have to hobnob with them for all eternity just because they were "once saved, always saved".

Now I know this is all hokum, but it bothers me that I will never knowingly have the last laugh on the bunch with this philosophy.  What's a simple heathen to do? :laugh: ;D ;)
I guess I see it different. You do get the last laugh. They tell us as atheists we're going to hell, however, if you get to go to heaven despite your atheism you could spend all eternity laughing in their faces because they were wrong. Ive done some thinking about this as well because the idea of heaven is so unappealing to me. The only downside to them being right would be being stuck in heaven with them FOREVER. I'm pretty sure I'd just stay at my house all day till they forgot I existed.

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
So the irony is that heaven could be hell depending on your perspective.

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
So the irony is that heaven could be hell depending on your perspective.

You're right - heaven sounds dreadful. What with all the crashing down of crowns on the glassy sea and the praising - continually, continually. I doubt if there is any peace at all.

So, in case he wasn't looking, 'I deny the holy spirit!' Ok, that's me settled to the warm place!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)

Offline Graybeard

• Professor
  • Darwins +470/-16
  • Is this going somewhere?
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 03:31:29 AM »
I don't think Catholics go thru that Jesus , personal savior, born again crap..so I guess I'm heaven free. :D
Catlix can get to heaven on good deeds alone, so I'd watch how your Darwins are doing - the more you get, the closer you are to heaven... which is ironic.
RELIGION, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable. Ambrose Bierce

Offline Nick

• Laureate
  • Darwins +177/-8
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 10:41:35 AM »
Shit, ok, all you atheists are going to hell.

(that should get me a few negative Darwins.)

Offline wheels5894

• Reader
  • Darwins +106/-1
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 10:57:06 AM »
Shit, ok, all you atheists are going to hell.

(that should get me a few negative Darwins.)

Well I'll bring the bread - someone else bring the butter. Those fires ought to make great toast! Heck, we could have toasted bacon too!
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such that its falshood would be more miraculous than the facts it endeavours to establish. (David Hume)